ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos trade for QB Zach Wilson
wazu 12:30 PM 04-22-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start.

The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. pic.twitter.com/7Y1KShZ3sg

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 22, 2024

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:58 PM 04-22-2024
I mean, what else are the gonna do? It makes sense and didn't cost much...and I sincerely doubt this is some kind of bid to "finally beat the Chiefs" or something. They need experienced bodies and Zach certainly fits that bill.

...I'm smiling from ear to ear though...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:59 PM 04-22-2024
Bo Nix would be the PERFECT icing on this cake
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:00 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I mean, what else are the gonna do? It makes sense and didn't cost much...and I sincerely doubt this is some kind of bid to "finally beat the Chiefs" or something. They need experienced bodies and Zach certainly fits that bill.

...I'm smiling from ear to ear though...
Chiefs win every game they NEEDED to win last year. I'm convinced it was a sick team sleep walking in Pile High. They respected Denver so little that they thought they could just show up and dominate. Can't blame them...
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:05 PM 04-22-2024
There is better than 0% chance he makes something of himself, even if its low %. Its not a bad move for Denver. The Jets on the other hand :-) damn turning the #2 pick overall into a 6th rounder in just a few years is impressive.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:10 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They’re throwing shit at the wall but eventually something will stick.

I’m not stressed but I think this is a good move for them. Very little downside.
Zach Wilson starting over in a new system, with a much worse supporting cast. Not sure there are many things less terrifying than that.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:13 PM 04-22-2024

[Reply]
staylor26 05:22 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They’re throwing shit at the wall but eventually something will stick.

I’m not stressed but I think this is a good move for them. Very little downside.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. There's really only one way out of this, and it's being bad enough to have a shot at drafting a franchise QB, while being good enough not to waste or ruin him once you do.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:22 PM 04-22-2024
You just love to see it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:22 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Chiefs win every game they NEEDED to win last year. I'm convinced it was a sick team sleep walking in Pile High. They respected Denver so little that they thought they could just show up and dominate. Can't blame them...
Oh, agreed. I meant I don't think anyone in Denver is like "NOW we will compete with the Chiefs for the division". They know they are fucked. They basically have to find a way to rebuild, which means a lot of stop gaps. Enter Mr. Wilson.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:24 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Would you rather them get a younger QB with more upside in the draft? I'll take my chances with Wilson.
I don’t think the QB’s outside of Drake Maye and Caleb Williams have more upside than Wilson did as a prospect. I think that’s why this trade was made.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:26 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think the QB’s outside of Drake Maye and Caleb Williams have more upside than Wilson did as a prospect. I think that’s why this trade was made.
Lol wut?

I'd much rather have Daniels, Penix, or McCarthy than Wilson and it's not even remotely close.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:35 PM 04-22-2024
There's never a positive spin to having Zach Wilson on your team. MHM sure did try though.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:44 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wut?

I'd much rather have Daniels, Penix, or McCarthy than Wilson and it's not even remotely close.
Bc they are shiny new QB’s with spots while Wilson is already deemed a failure.

Daniels became a good prospect playing with Nabers/BTJ. Penix is the same age as Wilson with major injuries stacked over years. McCarthy is the classic QB that looked good due to immense talent surrounding him.

It’s not worth discussing any of the QB’s but Penix, Nix and Rattler vs Wilson bc Denver can’t get any of the top 4.

Zach Wilson went to a terrible place and needs a hard Alex Smith like reset badly. Doesn’t mean he’s gonna be some great QB. Just the reality that Penix and Nix are not 1st rd QB’s
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:50 PM 04-22-2024
Broncos gotta be in the running field getting the first pick next year.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:54 PM 04-22-2024
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up