ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 167
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:32 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Has Rodgers said anything publicly yet...?
Just his usual passive aggressive bullshit.

He should just come out and say what he wants.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:56 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Just his usual passive aggressive bullshit.

He should just come out and say what he wants.
If I was the Packers or their fans, I'd be so tired of him. He'll be 38 this year. If I was them, I'd be on the phone trying to get the biggest haul I could for him. If I was any of the teams that need a QB and GB offered him, I'd say thanks, but fuck you, no thanks. I'd rather draft someone who is 17 years younger, isn't a pouty bitch, and doesn't point fingers everywhere but at himself when we don't win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:59 AM 05-04-2021
Rodgers is a bitch, he would fit perfectly in Denver or LV.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
In a 17 game schedule, a 4th place finisher now gets 3 4th place games. so Broncos get Jaguars, Lions and Jets. Chargers as 3rd place finisher get Browns, Vikings and Texans.

Broncos did have a lot of injuries to their best players early last year. Playing a 4th place schedule in a 17 game season and 7 teams in each conference make playoffs, of course Broncos have a shot at postseason.
No, they really don't. They have the 12th best roster in the conference at best
[Reply]
New World Order 12:04 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why do you all continue to talk like this is even a legitimate possibility? It’s not happening this year. Maybe next, but not now.
What if he sits out?
[Reply]
TEX 12:05 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Which of these teams are you beating out for that playoff spot if you don't get Rodgers?

KC
Baltimore
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Miami
New England
San Angeles Chargers

I didn't even mention Pittsburgh, who will be an improved team (even if their record will be worse than last year). May as well add them to the list as well.

A Rodgersless Donks will beat 2 of those teams to get into the playoffs?
Even harder than listed because Buffalo is not on that list...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:08 PM 05-04-2021
Denver roster is pitiful. Especially with a rapidly declining Von
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:10 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Rodgers is a bitch, he would fit perfectly in Denver or LV.
While I realize he would probably just retire, I hope GB sends him to Houston.
[Reply]
O.city 12:12 PM 05-04-2021
If you put the MVP in Denver, they'll be an 11/12 win team.
[Reply]
DomCasual 12:13 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
No, they really don't. They have the 12th best roster in the conference at best
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-den...ers-in-the-nfl
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
What if he sits out?
He’s not going to. AJ Hawk, who’s his buddy, said there’s pretty much a 0% chance that happens.

It’s not like the Packers aren’t still a contender, and he’d lose 12 million doing that. It’s an empty threat.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:15 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Don't...give...a...fuck. I just told you what your roster is.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 05-04-2021
PFF :-)
[Reply]
DomCasual 12:15 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Denver roster is pitiful. Especially with a rapidly declining Von
Man, just stop. It’s like you got a line in your head from three years ago, and you’ve etched it there with a pocket knife.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:16 PM 05-04-2021
Man, just stop. It’s like you got a line in your head from three years ago, and you’ve etched it there with a pocket knife.
No, I'm talking about this year's team. Piss off.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 167
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up