ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 146
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:19 AM 01-30-2023
If the Chiefs can get close to healthy, they will be battle-hardened from two tough playoff games. Even Jax is a much better team than either team the Eagles ended up beating (sorry Eagles fans, don't want to hear about the Niners), let alone Cinci. Philly really hasn't had to play under pressure at all in the playoffs, and most of that is due not to their superb play but to the teams they have faced.
[Reply]
In58men 10:23 AM 01-30-2023
Both the #Chiefs and #Eagles head to the Super Bowl having scored EXACTLY 546 points across 19 games.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:24 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Fun fact. The NFCE was the only division to have no team finish under .500. Of the seven playoff teams in the NFC, three were from the NFCE. That's almost half of the teams in the NFC playoffs. Against that division they finished 4-2 (one loss with Hurts and the other with Minshew). They are a legitimately good team and to discredit it based off their playoff opponents is silly.

That is a team that is beatable, but have very few weaknesses. Can KC beat them? For sure, but some of that will be dependent on how healthy they are.
I mean, it can't be discrediting when there's nothing to credit them for based on the criteria of playing SB caliber competition.

People can give them all the credit in the world for beating teams that never had a chance of winning a CG or SB.... it just doesn't mean anything when evaluate them in this game.... and like I said, I'm not saying that makes them a bad team.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they are actually a great team, but there's nothing this season or in recent history that I'd point to and say, oh yeah, that defense has handled a QB in the same ballpark as Mahomes, or oh yeah, that offense can score at will on anyone and keep up with Mahomes.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:28 AM 01-30-2023
We started the year in Phoenix and are ending it there. Pretty cool.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:42 AM 01-30-2023
Super Bowl 57

5 + 7 = 12

15 - 12 = 3

We won the AFC Championship Game by 3 Points.

It's a sign. :-)
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:47 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They'll be back, but at what level?

Toney is the one I'm most interested in.
He’s made of glass it appears.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:48 AM 01-30-2023
The Eagles roster is pretty ridiculous. Elite talent everywhere and absolutely loaded with depth. Very balanced, can basically do it all, can run, pass, cover, get to the QB. I'd hate for us to turn up banged up going in to another SB and I'd be amazed if we are and we're favourites...but damn, anything at all is possible with Mahomes. Anything.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:54 AM 01-30-2023
Hurts is having a very nice season. Jackson had two better seasons before things started unraveling for him. I saw nothing from Hurts yesterday that suggested he was a dangerous passer. Perhaps his injury is contributing but is nothing special.

And we have played plenty of receiving groups at their level or better plenty of times and done fine. They haven’t played anything like us.
[Reply]
DrRyan 10:55 AM 01-30-2023
Pretty simple for me. Can the Chiefs OL hold up vs the Philly pass rush. Wylie vs Reddick is a nightmare matchup. Andy surely schemes help for him most of the game.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:57 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Fun fact. The NFCE was the only division to have no team finish under .500. Of the seven playoff teams in the NFC, three were from the NFCE. That's almost half of the teams in the NFC playoffs. Against that division they finished 4-2 (one loss with Hurts and the other with Minshew). They are a legitimately good team and to discredit it based off their playoff opponents is silly.

That is a team that is beatable, but have very few weaknesses. Can KC beat them? For sure, but some of that will be dependent on how healthy they are.

The fact that no team finished under .500 is not a compliment to those teams, it’s an indictment on their schedule in that division given it’s obvious the Giants, Cowboys, and Commanders are not close to real contenders.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 01-30-2023
Last week, I said the most overlooked aspect of the Bengals/Chiefs matchup was the Bengals OL.

This week, it's the fact that the Chiefs should be able to run with success, because when they do, the offense is virtually unstoppable.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 11:16 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If Mahomes is 90% we win.

The defense has learned to play championship football and stop the run.

The Eagles have a great rushing attack, but we just stopped a FAR better QB and passing game.
Not sure that Burrow is FAR better than Hurts. In fact, I would argue your assumption must be based on limited time watching Hurts. Though to be fair, his sprained shoulder is clearly still bothering him.

Some stats from this year:

Passing Yards:
Burrow: 4,475 (in 606 pass attempts)
Hurts: 3,701 (in 460 pass attempts) (remember Hurts missed a few games)

Completion %:
Burrow: 68.3%
Hurts: 66.5%

Passing TD/INT:
Burrow: 35/12
Hurts: 22/6

QB Rate:
Burrow: 100.8
Hurts: 101.6

Rushing yards and TDs:
Burrow: 257 yards and 5 TDs
Hurts: 760 yards and 13 TDs

20+ yard plays:
Burrow: 53
Hurts: 52

40+ yard plays:
Burrow: 10
Hurts: 11
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 01-30-2023, 11:18 AM
This message has been deleted by Youngbuck17.
staylor26 11:19 AM 01-30-2023
:-)

Reminds me of when people would use stats to argue that Lamar was as good or better than Mahomes.

No, Hurts isnt really close to Burrow. Sorry.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM 01-30-2023
This Eagles team played a charmin schedule all year even in the playoffs...they have a young coaching staff without this kind of experience also.
[Reply]
boilertiger 11:23 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
The Eagles roster is pretty ridiculous. Elite talent everywhere and absolutely loaded with depth. Very balanced, can basically do it all, can run, pass, cover, get to the QB. I'd hate for us to turn up banged up going in to another SB and I'd be amazed if we are and we're favourites...but damn, anything at all is possible with Mahomes. Anything.

We have to slow down their ability to run the ball. Their entire offense is based on running the ball.

Hurts shoulder doesn't seem 100%. If they have to throw to win, that's what we want to happen.

Stopping them from being able to run is almost impossible. We are going to need Danny Shelton unleashed this game.

We also need Watson and Juju back. If we don't get them back, this is going to be a crazy crazy gameplan from Reid.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 146
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up