ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 NBA Offseason Thread
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 01-13-2021
Just don't understand how the Rockets managed to trade Harden without getting a single even borderline elite player back.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:10 PM 01-13-2021
The Lakers are still the heavy favorite. Chemistry is quite real and may take some time to develop. You have to remember the original super team couldn't even beat basically a 1 man team in 2011.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:23 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The Lakers are still the heavy favorite. Chemistry is quite real and may take some time to develop. You have to remember the original super team couldn't even beat basically a 1 man team in 2011.
As long as Kyrie Irving decides he wants to play basketball, the Nets will not lose this season.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:26 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
As long as Kyrie Irving decides he wants to play basketball, the Nets will not lose this season.
Take it up with Vegas.

Brooklyn now has +270 odds to win the NBA Championship, ranking second in the NBA behind only the Los Angeles Lakers (+260)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:57 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Take it up with Vegas.

Brooklyn now has +270 odds to win the NBA Championship, ranking second in the NBA behind only the Los Angeles Lakers (+260)
That'll change whenever Kyrie Irving returns to the team. For now, there is still doubt about whether that guy is even going to play. Once he returns, that's as close to a lock as you're going to get in the NBA.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:16 PM 01-13-2021
That'll change whenever Kyrie Irving returns to the team. For now, there is still doubt about whether that guy is even going to play. Once he returns, that's as close to a lock as you're going to get in the NBA.
Can they defend? It's ok scoring a bunch of points but at some point you have to defend and kd and Harden aren't young anymore whilst Kyrie has always been a poor defender.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 05:41 PM 01-13-2021
Fuck Harden.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:50 PM 01-13-2021
As a Sixers fan I was rooting for us to trade Simmons for Harden as him and Embiid would have been fun to watch...but when reports today suggested that the Rox wanted Ben AND our new potential superstar star Tyrese Maxey along with picks?!!..i was out. Maxey could be another Harden, Dame, Mitchell type of dude in the years to come and there was no way Morey would have done that deal. The East is gonna be a nightmare now with Harden, KD and Kyrie together but can that team defend? I have my doubts. My Sixers will probably try to develop our young core or maybe try and trade for Beal or Levine.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:08 PM 01-13-2021
:-) I'd give this current iteration of the Nets moren of a chance to become a legitimate three ring circus than make it to the NBA finals.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:30 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) I'd give this current iteration of the Nets moren of a chance to become a legitimate three ring circus than make it to the NBA finals.
The Nets have the 6th (Harden), 10th (Durant), and 29th (Irving) ranked players in BPM in the history of the NBA since 1973-1974: https://www.basketball-reference.com...pm_career.html

Anybody who doesn't realize what this team is doesn't have a clue. Durant/Curry/Klay is the only thing even close to that trio in NBA history. There's a pretty good argument they're already the best team in the NBA even if Kyrie Irving doesn't buy in, but if he does, it's game over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:38 PM 01-13-2021
The Nets have the 6th (Harden), 10th (Durant), and 29th (Irving) ranked players in BPM in the history of the NBA since 1973-1974: https://www.basketball-reference.com...pm_career.html

Anybody who doesn't realize what this team is doesn't have a clue. Durant/Curry/Klay is the only thing even close to that trio in NBA history. There's a pretty good argument they're already the best team in the NBA even if Kyrie Irving doesn't buy in, but if he does, it's game over.
:-) Sorry, Vegas disagrees with you. All 3 of these guys have horrendously toxic personalities and there's no guarantee they won't just be at each other's throats to the point where it's unsalvageable, especially with the style of basketball they each play.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:41 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Sorry, Vegas disagrees with you. All 3 of these guys have horrendously toxic personalities and there's no guarantee they won't just be at each other's throats to the point where it's unsalvageable, especially with the style of basketball they each play.
As noted above, they'll be favored by Vegas whenever Irving decides to return and becomes part of the team again.

And yes, my only hope for the future of the league (i.e. LeBron's future) is that Kyrie doesn't want to play anymore and Durant starts hating Harden's guts within a year or two. But championships tend to smooth things like that over and the Nets will almost certainly be winning one this year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:59 PM 01-13-2021
As noted above, they'll be favored by Vegas whenever Irving decides to return and becomes part of the team again.

And yes, my only hope for the future of the league (i.e. LeBron's future) is that Kyrie doesn't want to play anymore and Durant starts hating Harden's guts within a year or two. But championships tend to smooth things like that over and the Nets will almost certainly be winning one this year.
This year? I doubt it.

These things take awhile to get going. Plus. The lakers are fucking good.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:00 PM 01-13-2021

Green was the glue for KD, Curry and Klay and Green, along with Klay were great defenders..plus Iggy was too. The key to the Warriors dominance was their defensive ability aswell as their incredible shooting from range. The next no doubt have the shooting..but the defense? Nah I don't see it at all. Who is gonna defend Embiid or Giannis? Kd? :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:39 PM 01-13-2021
I don't think most people have ever fully grasped how good James Harden is. With help from CP3, he almost knocked off the Durant Warriors (likely the most dominant team in NBA history) and would have done so had CP3 not gotten hurt. No other NBA team even came close to that and that was mostly because Harden is absolutely unstoppable as an offensive player.

He will win a title playing with Durant and it's going to happen whether Irving decides to give a shit or not.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up