ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Massachusetts lobster diver survives being swallowed by whale
petegz28 05:33 PM 06-11-2021
Massachusetts lobster diver survives being swallowed by whale

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachus...wallowed-whale

A commercial lobster diver says he was swallowed whole by a whale off the Massachusetts coast Friday but made it out alive with only minor injuries following the life and death encounter.

Michael Packard, 56, of Wellfleet, was released hours later from a Cape Cod hospital following his scary encounter with a humpback whale. He told WBZ-TV he was 45 feet deep in the waters off Provincetown when the attack occurred.

He initially thought the whale was a shark but realized he was wrong when he didn't feel any teeth or pain.

"All of a sudden, I felt this huge shove and the next thing I knew it was completely black," Packard recalled Friday afternoon, according to the Cape Cod Times. "I could sense I was moving, and I could feel the whale squeezing with the muscles in his mouth."

"I was completely inside (the whale); it was completely black," he added. "I thought to myself, ‘there’s no way I’m getting out of here. I’m done, I’m dead. All I could think of was my boys, they’re 12 and 15 years old."

Packard said he thinks he was in the whale's mouth for about 30 seconds. He was able to breathe because he still had his breathing apparatus.

In an effort to save himself, Packard said he began shaking the whale's head before the animal surfaced and ejected him. In a Facebook post, he said the whale "spit me out" and that he escaped with bruises and no broken bones.

Packard's mate, Josiah Mayo, plucked him out of the water and headed back to shore. Fox News has reached to Packard but has not heard back.

"Based on what was described this would have to be a mistake and an accident on the part of the humpback," said Jooke Robbins, director of Humpback Whale Studies at the Center for Coastal Studies in Provincetown.
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:44 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Packard's mate, Josiah Mayo, plucked him out of the water and headed back to shore. for Nineveh.
fyp
[Reply]
Frazod 05:47 PM 06-11-2021
I'll bet he names his next kid Jonah.
[Reply]
el borracho 05:51 PM 06-11-2021
"Packard said he began shaking the whale's head"

How does that work?
[Reply]
el borracho 05:52 PM 06-11-2021
And also:

[Reply]
Sofa King 06:25 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
"Packard said he began shaking the whale's head"

How does that work?
He asked the whale if the Raiders, Broncos or Chargers will win the division this year.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:37 PM 06-11-2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 06:48 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll bet he names his next kid Jonah.
Fuck it and go for broke. Name the kid Ahab.
[Reply]
srvy 07:05 PM 06-11-2021
This is a whale of a tale or a fisherman's imagination. Was it a baleen whale or a toothed whale. What would a large whale's esophagus diameter be?
[Reply]
srvy 07:07 PM 06-11-2021
This must have been the Marilyn Chambers of whales.
[Reply]
Bump 07:24 PM 06-11-2021
that's like a story from greek mythology, wow
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 07:27 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is a whale of a tale or a fisherman's imagination. Was it a baleen whale or a toothed whale. What would a large whale's esophagus diameter be?
African or European?
[Reply]
BWillie 07:27 PM 06-11-2021
As a big fan of whales, this is a great tale.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:30 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The sea was angry, my friends... like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:44 PM 06-11-2021
The only proof this actually happened is this guy's wild story.
Great pete thread.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up