ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ferris Bueller's Day Off's 35 year Anniversary
Tribal Warfare 04:44 PM 06-11-2021

'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' turns 35: Secrets behind the most iconic lines https://t.co/i8HhvVekLR pic.twitter.com/5tW7N55iPa

— New York Post (@nypost) June 11, 2021

[Reply]
scho63 07:26 PM 06-11-2021
Many people forget Charlie Sheen was in Ferris Bueller too.
[Reply]
eDave 07:38 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
He was reallllly uptight in that movie. He got dorky in his older age IMO.

[Reply]
Rain Man 07:49 PM 06-11-2021
I just watched that movie again last week for the 100th time or so. It may be my favorite movie ever. The scene where they're in the Art Institute may also be my favorite movie scene ever.

Plus, I've got a 35-year crush on the blonde dancer in the dirndl in the Twist and Shout scene. She had such joie de vivre.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:51 PM 06-11-2021
Cameron's dad would have killed them all after he saw the trashed Ferrari.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:57 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I was today old when I realized that Kristy Swanson was the 'passed out at 32 flavors' girl.

Just one of those things where the line stood out, but the actor saying it never did, and it never occurred to me to pay attention.

But then, I loved the Buffy TV show and watched the entire thing, but never watched the movie, though I know it was her big break.
[Reply]
notorious 08:17 AM 06-12-2021
Me aging as I read the thread title:

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:32 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Then he’s acting the same in every movie.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I just watched that movie again last week for the 100th time or so. It may be my favorite movie ever.
If its not on your favorite movies of all time list, your broken. :-)
The scene where they're in the Art Institute may also be my favorite movie scene ever.
Agreed. When I went there with the wife and son we mimicked the picture of them with their arms crossed by the statue and my son looking at the kid in the picnic painting.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:48 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I feel the same towards Paul Rudd.
Paul Rudd is definitely the modern day Matt Brod.

But still less beta.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:12 PM 06-12-2021
I just watched that movie again last week for the 100th time or so. It may be my favorite movie ever. The scene where they're in the Art Institute may also be my favorite movie scene ever.

Plus, I've got a 35-year crush on the blonde dancer in the dirndl in the Twist and Shout scene. She had such joie de vivre.
The moments of play with the children in the museum, the lining up, holding hands and following the protocols of safety in numbers when out in the big people’s world, coupled with the self-important posing, culminating in the series of intensely introspective cuts back and forth, tighter and tighter of Cameron, the girl in the painting, Cameron’s face, her face, his eye, her eye, closer and closer until a dab of paint fills the screen crossing bridges of art over the barriers of time just as Ferris, Sloane and Cameron are crossing a milestone in their own lives is a slice of genius that lifts the entire film to greater meaning. Without that moment of self discovery, Cameron’s actions later in the film might be nothing more than the tantrum of a spoiled child, and his speculation on their lives to come would hold no weight at all.

When Sloane declares that she’s going to marry Ferris, I feel awful for her immaturity. I have no doubt, though, that Cameron is going to be just fine. He has discovered a self that is independent of the outsized Ferris Beuller.
[Reply]
Holladay 03:50 PM 06-12-2021
And who is he married too? Sarah Jessica Parker since 1997. He must have some game or is nicknamed Tripod.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:55 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:
And who is he married too? Sarah Jessica Parker since 1997. He must have some game or is nicknamed Tripod.
True. You need to be hung like a mule if you're going to marry a horse.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:02 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:
The most overrated "good looking" woman of all-time. Sarah Jessica Parker.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 04:09 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Cameron's dad would have killed them all after he saw the trashed Ferrari.
That 250 GT California was worth around 100k when the film came out, they’re averaging around 5 million now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:42 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The most overrated "good looking" woman of all-time. Sarah Jessica Parker.
I'd always gotten the impression that everyone acknowledged SJP is a butterface. It's her turdcutter and legs that were epic.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up