ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>J. Gilbert's Is It any good?
philfree 09:03 PM 06-03-2021
Is it?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:32 AM 06-04-2021
I think the Majestic was better years ago before the closing and reopening, but mostly because they took away a couple of my favorites... I think it's still excellent overall though, and the combo of their food, wine selection, and jazz club is hard to beat. I'm biased though, since I worked there long ago and it was by far my favorite restaurant job.

I've never been to J Gilbert's, but should probably try it sometime.
[Reply]
philfree 11:55 AM 06-04-2021
We'll be staying in Overland Park so what's the best BBQ place near 435 & Metcalf?
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:55 AM 06-04-2021
How do you all feel about Sullivan's

edit:

Originally Posted by philfree:
We'll be staying in Overland Park so what's the best BBQ place near 435 & Metcalf?

There's a Joe's on Nall (Roe maybe) and that's definitely it
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:58 AM 06-04-2021
KC Joe's 119th also a Q39 on Antioch
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
One of the best in KC especially since Plaza III, Ruth Chris and Mortons are all gone
Wife and I ate at Morton's in Chicago last weekend.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:01 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
One of the best in KC especially since Plaza III, Ruth Chris and Mortons are all gone
WTF they are all gone? I loved Plaza III
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:02 PM 06-04-2021
Just go to KC Joe's several times.

And I guess Q39.

And it's not BBQ, but the other place I lead people to is Twisted Fresh for their mahi mahi tacos... there's one in OP somewhere.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:19 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
How do you all feel about Sullivan's

edit:

There's a Joe's on Nall (Roe maybe) and that's definitely it
Been to the one in Omaha and was happy with it.
[Reply]
oldman 12:44 PM 06-04-2021
There's a Q39 about 115th and Antioch, a Joe's at 119th, just a block or so east of I-35 and another one at about 117th and Roe. If you like dry rub, there's a place called Brobecks on Indian Creek Parkway, just off Roe. If you want old school, there's a Gates about 104th and Stateline Rd.. Just my opinion, but Joe's has the best ribs around and the brisket at Gates is hard to beat.
[Reply]
philfree 01:41 PM 06-04-2021
We're about to peel out and head that way. Thanks for the feedback!
[Reply]
Pants 02:15 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
There's a Q39 about 115th and Antioch, a Joe's at 119th, just a block or so east of I-35 and another one at about 117th and Roe. If you like dry rub, there's a place called Brobecks on Indian Creek Parkway, just off Roe. If you want old school, there's a Gates about 104th and Stateline Rd.. Just my opinion, but Joe's has the best ribs around and the brisket at Gates is hard to beat.
I recently discovered Brobecks. Holy fuck is it good. Smoked meat doesn't get much better than that.

You buy 3 individuals ribs from them (they always throw an extra 1 or 2) for like $8, get some fries, and it's a great meal for a very reasonable amount of money.

Joe's is still undefeated, IMO. Just sucks that unless you go there at an awkward time, you're going to be waiting in line for a while.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:33 PM 06-04-2021
Stockhill used to have the best Wagyu steak in the city until they sold it to some other company. It still retains it's name but the food - specifically the steak - is no where near as good.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:34 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I recently discovered Brobecks. Holy **** is it good. Smoked meat doesn't get much better than that.

You buy 3 individuals ribs from them (they always throw an extra 1 or 2) for like $8, get some fries, and it's a great meal for a very reasonable amount of money.

Joe's is still undefeated, IMO. Just sucks that unless you go there at an awkward time, you're going to be waiting in line for a while.
Mowing their lawns 5 times a week and eating dinner at 630pm. Nothing white people love to do more than that.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:45 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I recently discovered Brobecks. Holy fuck is it good. .....
Truth. Sounds strange for a BBQ place, but their Ham Salad Sandwich is outstanding.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:48 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mowing their lawns 5 times a week and eating dinner at 630pm. Nothing white people love to do more than that.
Waiting in line at Joe's like

[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up