« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This is one scenario that hasn't really been discussed in all these o-line threads, but is definitely a possibility. Nobody really mentions Remmers in the guard conversation, but we probably should.

Andy always says he's going to play the best 5 guys. If Niang and Remmers both look like 2 of the top 5 guys, there's no reason this can't happen.

Should be very interesting to say the least. I don't think we've ever had so many different possible options on the line since Reid took over.
It's all Veach. The dude gets it.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:14 AM 06-14-2021
Humphrey is absolutely starting day 1. I think you're going to see a less talented veteran starting the season at RG and RT, but that is going to be over by the bye week.

I'd love to see Smith in the starting lineup this year, but I can easily see him as the guy who is brought along slowly. Then, in year 2 when Humphrey is solid and Niang is your RT, Smith is inserted into the lineup and we never hear of LDT, Wylie, or Remmers again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Humphrey is absolutely starting day 1. I think you're going to see a less talented veteran starting the season at RG and RT, but that is going to be over by the bye week.

I'd love to see Smith in the starting lineup this year, but I can easily see him as the guy who is brought along slowly. Then, in year 2 when Humphrey is solid and Niang is your RT, Smith is inserted into the lineup and we never hear of LDT, Wylie, or Remmers again.
Yep.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:21 AM 06-14-2021
The best thing that can happen is the rest of the OL plays great to start the year, which gives Reid the confidence to start Smith and/or Niang whenever they’re ready if they aren’t already.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best thing that can happen is the rest of the OL plays great to start the year, which gives Reid the confidence to start Smith and/or Niang whenever they’re ready if they aren’t already.
Yep.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:12 PM 06-16-2021
Looked at the pictures from practice on the Chiefs website - Smith was running as the starter at RG. LDT 2nd team.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Looked at the pictures from practice on the Chiefs website - Smith was running as the starter at RG. LDT 2nd team.
Yea, I found that interesting. It seems like it’s his job if he can take it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:48 AM 06-17-2021
But but but Justin Blythe!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:22 AM 06-17-2021
Probably just trying to push LDT, im sure hes no where near football shape just yet.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:49 AM 06-17-2021
Let's hope Smith just outright wins the job.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:52 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Let's hope Smith just outright wins the job.
If Humphrey and Niang are your starters at OC and RT respectively, then it might be desirable to have a vet in there, provided there's not a huge drop-off in physical play.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:58 AM 06-17-2021
It was reported before the draft that Smith was a 1st-2nd round pick if it wasn’t for the medical, right?

Then why would it be a surprise that he’s starting in camp? If we had drafted him in the 2nd…people would be screaming for him to start.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:59 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I mean, sure in a vacuum but also this isn't a typical year. He didn't spend the year rehabbing in a Chiefs facility, he spent it on the frontline of a generation-defining pandemic. It's a unique situation and I could see "easing back in" to really be getting his legs and strength back. I'm sure he worked out as much as he could but still that could be a hill he has to climb just to get back to even
This.

I think Smith wins the job running away and LDT is vet depth.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:00 AM 06-17-2021
So what happens if Smith is clearly the best RG. I mean between Humphry, Niang and Smith too. Smith is the guy who needs to be on the field.

Now let's also say Niang is the clear winner over Remmers at RT.

You holding Humphry out and starting Blythe just so we don't have 3 1st year players in a row?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
So what happens if Smith is clearly the best RG. I mean between Humphry, Niang and Smith too. Smith is the guy who needs to be on the field.

Now let's also say Niang is the clear winner over Remmers at RT.

You holding Humphry out and starting Blythe just so we don't have 3 1st year players in a row?
You're not hold anybody back just to put a vet on the field.

If your best UNIT is created by putting those 3 guys on the field (Niang, Smith, and Humphrey) then you do it.

I don't think that's what will happen but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 52
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up