ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Frank Clark is a problem for the Kansas City Chiefs
Direckshun 08:48 AM 05-18-2021
Yikes:

Summary of the video's arguments -- some of which are argued better than others:

1. Never fully healthy.
2. This chart:

3. We ranked in the bottom 3rd in 2020 in passrush despite dropping major coin along the DL.
4. 6 sacks in 2020 -- there was a 7 game stretch where he had 1, and 2 sacks in the last 10 weeks of the season.
5. He doesn't change the run defense all that much.
6. 2020 postseason was "pedestrian" -- 9.8% pressure rate.
7. All of this despite being slotted next to Chris Jones.
8. As you can see in the above chart, Clark is rarely double teamed.
9. The Chiefs didn't restructure Clark this offseason, because they don't want to make it harder than it needs to be to cut him after 2021 -- saves $13m.
10. 2021 is a make-or-break year for Clark.

The good news is that Jarran Reed, like Chris Jones, is a beast in "sacks created," which should help our edge rush.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:50 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also... everybody has been predicting an Andy Reid heart attack death since he started Year 1 in Philly.

Look, some guys can be really freaking fat and be healthy as an ox (mostly). He's never had any problems. Will he develop health problems? Eventually, yeah. And I know health has a weird way of being there for you and steady and reliable and the next morning you wind up dead...

But the guy has a super high stress job. Has gone through personal tragedy in his family. Gains/loses dozens of pounds from year to year. And he still buzzes around the office as energetic as he's ever been.

Some people aren't conventional. You look at Andy Reid and go, "Fucking fat guy. Old. Not good. Heart attack for sure." Well.... we're waiting. I was promised a heart attack. Where is it? Where's my Andy Reid heart attack. Hasn't happened yet. And I'm starting to think the guy is going to retire before anything catastrophic occurs. He's going to get away with it.
I dunno, dude doesn't look healthy. Tbh, he has that pre heart attack pale assed pallor in his face. High stress job, kid about to go to prison. Plus with all that mass around the vital organs cancer could wipe his ass out too. Dude is a genius but looks like he could die any day.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:15 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
He was selected to the Pro Bowl each year in KC. Considering how much fans hate a non-QB that gets paid a lot of money. It is safe to assume that Frank Clark made it because of the votes of NFL players and NFL coaches and not the fans vote.
Uh huh. In other news. Matt Cassell also made a pro bowl once before....
[Reply]
Sannyasi 05:37 AM 05-19-2021
He's not a problem, he's just a rotational player at this point, and he's obviously gone next year. He might have to retire, I can't imagine any team wants to pick him when he's getting out produced by UDFA's now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:17 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
I dunno, dude doesn't look healthy. Tbh, he has that pre heart attack pale assed pallor in his face. High stress job, kid about to go to prison. Plus with all that mass around the vital organs cancer could wipe his ass out too. Dude is a genius but looks like he could die any day.
"He has that pallor" may as well be "He's really fat and unhealthy and going to have a heart attack."

Where is it? Where are the health problems? The diabetes? The missed games due to going to the hospital? The missed PRACTICES due to going to the hospital? The dude has never missed a single practice due to his health in 20-some years of head coaching.

I've met people like that before. They're the unhealthiest people on the face of the planet and they live to be 90. Not saying that's going to be Reid, but at lesat give the man some credit for going this far
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:54 AM 05-19-2021
Clark is kind of like Sammy Watkins, a needed element to KC's Super Bowl victory, but someone they need to cut their losses with 1-2 years later due to injury/production vs. cost. Maybe he miraculously gets healthy this year, but it's a long shot, football is a young man's game.

KC desperately needs to find a pass rush if they have Super Bowl hopes this year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:02 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Clark is kind of like Sammy Watkins, a needed element to KC's Super Bowl victory, but someone they need to cut their losses with 1-2 years later due to injury/production vs. cost. Maybe he miraculously gets healthy this year, but it's a long shot, football is a young man's game.

KC desperately needs to find a pass rush if they have Super Bowl hopes this year.

I don’t know about “desperately.” It should be better than it was a year ago, and that defense was good enough for KC to get there with a patchwork offensive line.

I also still think a Houston or Ingram signing is coming.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:25 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
He's not a problem, he's just a rotational player at this point, and he's obviously gone next year. He might have to retire, I can't imagine any team wants to pick him when he's getting out produced by UDFA's now.
If you believe that then he is definitely a problem given his current cap hit.
[Reply]
58-4ever 07:46 AM 05-19-2021
Man, Chase Young was probably the easiest pick of the last 5 years. That dude is going to be a problem for 10+ years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If you believe that then he is definitely a problem given his current cap hit.
He's easily cut after this season, so if he's a real problem, at least he's a temporary one.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:41 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
There is no way in hell after winning a Super Bowl that Brett Beach made a mistake getting us Frank Clark. Our defense was pretty damn good last year and Frank Clark gives this defense some fortitude it didn't have before. What the **** was our defense doing just the year before Brett rehauld the defense?

I think Frank Clark knows he has to step it up this year or he will be replaced it's that simple.

I hope Brett Beach makes more mistakes that win us Super Bowl
Every GM makes mistakes, even if team wins the SB. That's a stupid way of thinking. No one is perfect. To say Veach has made 0 mistakes since he has been here because Chiefs won the SB (especially considering Veach hasn't been here that long) is an idiotic statement to make
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:11 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's easily cut after this season, so if he's a real problem, at least he's a temporary one.
“Easily” is a relative term. They’ll still be carrying a $13.6 million cap hit over 2 years as a post- June 1st cut, not exactly a small amount.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:11 AM 05-19-2021
I think people are getting a little defensive as if criticizing Frank Clark means we're criticizing what the Chiefs organization has accomplished during the Veach era and will likely continue to accomplish for many years.

Frank Clark contributed to us winning the Super Bowl, yes. He made plays in the 2019 postseason and really fired dudes up and gave them confidence. That's not being disputed.

You know who else greatly contributed to us winning the Super Bowl? Eric Fisher and Mitch Schwartz. You know... the guys who made it so we DID have time to run wasp? Those guys? Yeah. And where are those two guys now?

The conversation isn't "was Frank Clark a problem for KC?" The question is "IS Frank Clark a problem for KC?"

And yes... the way he played last year and for a large stretch of 2019, he is a problem. Just as... guess what... Fisher and Schwartz would have been problems for KC coming off of injuries into next year. That's not to detract from what they did for us when we won the Super Bowl, but if we want to win another one, we have to get consistent OT play, and that just wasn't in the cards. We also got way younger at both positions and arguably upgraded overall from their combined level of play in 2019 (downgrade from Schwartz, but a pretty significant upgrade from Fisher most likely). And by booting their contracts, we got some play money to get Thuney and Reed.

Again... the trade happened. The 2019 playoffs happened, and Frank Clark was vital for that. The question isn't was the trade worth it. The question is "Is Frank Clark currently worth it right now?" And I don't see how anybody can argue that as a yes unless his level of play takes a sharp turn in the right direction.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:13 AM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
“Easily” is a relative term. They’ll still be carrying a $13.6 million cap hit over 2 years as a post- June 1st cut, not exactly a small amount.
It's less than $7M a year if they cut him after June 1st. Compared to his $30M 2022 cap hit, that's peanuts.

So yeah, it will be "easy".
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:04 PM 05-19-2021
Direck makes a thread about Clark being a problem then makes a thread suggesting we trade for Julio Jones

Lmao
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:08 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Direck makes a thread about Clark being a problem then makes a thread suggesting we trade for Julio Jones

Lmao
Yeesh... Yeah, that's an odd one.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up