ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:09 PM 03-22-2024
I'd be pissed if I were Sneed.

Play like the best CB in the NFL, get fucked out of even 2nd team all-pro, and find out you're not even worth the trade compensation for Dee Ford a month after he offsides'd Tom Brady to another fucking Super Bowl
[Reply]
Womble 10:10 PM 03-22-2024
What the fuck Veach?
[Reply]
Bump 10:10 PM 03-22-2024
If you guys want a little something to feel better about this trade, Sneed kinda shoulda allowed a TD on the 9ers final offensive play in OT. Thankfully they weren't smart enough to block Chris Jones and he had to rush the throw.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
He missed all of TC last year because of the knee. It’s an issue and it clearly hurt his trade value.
And proceeded to have one of the best seasons by a corner in the modern era.

Yeah - fucking knee really wrecked him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like 2 guys EVER have done that. It didn't work out well for either. And they weren't slightly overaged CBs on 4th round deals with a knee that swells up if they practice too much.

No, he absolutely was not sitting out. Zero chance in hell.

But since Taylor evidently repeats anything he's told, I don't doubt for a second Sneed's agents would've fed him that. Because why not?
For all we know his agents told the Chiefs that. They could have called his bluff but it meant they would have had to restructure someone else for cap space.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:12 PM 03-22-2024
I wonder if we got fucked out of a 2nd this year from the Colts just because of Sneed's contract demands. Man, that's gonna stick with me for a bit...
[Reply]
alanm 10:12 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
You wanna ****in fight I’ll meet your ass at the George Brett statue right ****ing now you pussy
Chieftain.. Make sure you're wearing your chastity belt. :-)
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 10:12 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The issue is not getting the cap relief at the start of free agency by tagging Sneed… and ultimately getting minimal compensation in return.
No other GM would afford us the luxury of getting out in front of the market. It would be counterintuitive for the entire rest of the league to do anything other than wait it out. Sucks but pretty cut and dried.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:12 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The dude wants to be the highest paid CB and people are dumb. He could have easily sat out.
Having a reasonable take on a trade is not dumb. Calling others for doing so is dumb.
The likelyhood that a guy like Sneed who has never sniffed a big contract in his life would sit out a year just because he is not happy with the $20 million he is about to play for in the upcoming season... that is a farfetched DUMB take.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:13 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'd be pissed if I were Sneed.

Play like the best CB in the NFL, get ****ed out of even 2nd team all-pro, and find out you're not even worth the trade compensation for Dee Ford a month after he offsides'd Tom Brady to another ****ing Super Bowl
Came up at least $2M per year short of the salary he was hoping to get as well.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:13 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Would take 1 year older DHop over a 3rd next year.
Those of us who are proud members of the WR Cult would've lost it! :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 PM 03-22-2024
Verderame on his pod confirming Sneed’s knee was a major issue with his value as well as his price tag.

Sneed originally injured his knee in practice the week before the Eagles Super Bowl. Then 5 months later came back and had to miss all of camp/preseason with swelling to that knee. Then he was on the injury report throughout the season with that knee causing him problems. Doesn’t matter if he didn’t miss a game. That’s 2023.

There’s a reason so many teams stopped calling. If you’re a GM interested in Sneed and you learn that not only is he wanting $22 million AAV with $55 million gauranteed, but he’s a 27 year old corner who has never been an all pro and has had a knee issue for over a year?

That’s called a depreciating asset.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Having a reasonable take on a trade is not dumb. Calling others for doing so is dumb.
The likelyhood that a guy like Sneed who has never sniffed a big contract in his life would sit out a year just because he is not happy with the $20 million he is about to play for in the upcoming season... that is a farfetched DUMB take.
Good thing I don’t give two shits about your DUMB opinion.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:15 PM 03-22-2024
Apparently we think much higher of Sneed than the entire NFL including the Chiefs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:15 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
For all we know his agents told the Chiefs that. They could have called his bluff but it meant they would have had to restructure someone else for cap space.
Cool.

Done.

Again - a day ago it was 'keep sneed or get draft capital, either is great!' Now it's 'man, good thing we dumped sneed for nothing but cap space...'

Was anyone at all okay with that prospect yesterday? Eager to do it? Now it just elicits a shoulder shrug or worse, vehement defense?

This is rearview mirror rationalizing.

If we weren't prepared to restructure, we shouldn't have tagged him. It's a bad practice and it's going to cause us more problems going forward because now the tag bluff has no teeth to it.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 57
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up