ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 71
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:40 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think people need to step outside themselves and their bubbles and see what's really going on. Stop with the "few fans on Twitter." Take a look at the Tennessee thread, let alone Buffalo, and see how many people are absolutely losing their shit over this. There seems to be a total lack of self awareness. As if because we're talking about these things in our safe space, they aren't feeling that or that they arent hearing way worse everywhere else.

We've had multiple players talk about hearing this. On both defense AND offense. Even those who aren't active on social media like CEH. Players are resenting playing in kandas city and that's the wrong message we want to send. It may happen everywhere else but it is happening WAY more in kc than usual, which is counter intuitive for a winning franchise.
Who is resenting playing here? Honey Badger? Then gtfo. He's not worth the headache anymore anyway. Hitchens? He won a SB here and is overpaid. He can leave too.

I think most players would love to play here due to Mahomes and Reid. KC fans are passionate of course. But almost every NFL fan base is like that. Don't like it, then don't go on Twitter. It's really not that hard to do.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:40 PM 10-31-2021
Everyone is welcome to their own feelings on this

But I for one refuse to apologize for being pissed at this defense, particularly all of our highest paid guys like Jones, Clark, Mathieu... Reed can get fucked as well
[Reply]
-King- 01:42 PM 10-31-2021
I think people need to step outside themselves and their bubbles and see what's really going on. Stop with the "few fans on Twitter." Take a look at the Tennessee thread, let alone Buffalo, and see how many people are absolutely losing their shit over this. There seems to be a total lack of self awareness. As if because we're talking about these things in our safe space, they aren't feeling that or that they arent hearing way worse everywhere else.

We've had multiple players talk about hearing this. On both defense AND offense. Even those who aren't active on social media like CEH. Players are resenting playing in kandas city and that's the wrong message we want to send. It may happen everywhere else but it is happening WAY more in kc than usual, which is counter intuitive for a winning franchise.
Do you think that people on Chiefs planet are representative of the fanbase? Why are you basing the entire franchise off of a thread full of people who overly care about the chiefs?

What about the hundreds of supportive Matheiu tweets he got under every post? Why if there are so many negative tweets, does he so often have to go out of his way to find tweets?

And again, what fan base doesn't have some fans that are assholes or that love talking shit? Again, Cole Beasley was booed at home because he won't get the vaccine. I guess the Bills fanbase is toxic too huh? What city should Tyrann go to to avoid fan bases like ours?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:43 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Being upset that our highly paid and highly underperforming defense is not entitled.
This isn't just about the defense. Why do people keep claiming that? So everyone from veach to Reid to offensive players haven't been attacked?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:44 PM 10-31-2021
'zilla want to see Rocky and Bullwinkle opening night because Goodfellas was a good movie.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:47 PM 10-31-2021
Tell me then. Tell me how we are different from the Patriots fans we complained about being entitled. We as fans have been very very different after we started actually winning championships and then faced a little bit of adversity.
I did tell you, you ignored every counter point I made and rehashed everything you had already said.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:47 PM 10-31-2021

Understand something - if you have a fanbase that doesn't get fired up when things are going poorly, then you also have a fanbase that doesn't give you the support you're wanting when things are going well.

The only way you can slide under the radar when you're playing poorly is if your fanbase is apathetic. This fanbase isn't and hasn't been since Marty brought the franchise back to relevance.

You want the loudest stadium in the NFL? Then you have to understand that it cuts both ways. Yes, those same fans that lose their shit on 3rd and long and make things easier for you when things are going well, are going to remind you of their presence when things AREN'T going well.

You can't ask a fanbase to be passionate when you're winning and to sit down and shut up when you're playing like shit. That's not how this works.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 01:50 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
So why did the players start all this talk about dynasty....6 rings...20-0 if they didn't want fans to get excited and have delusional expectations? If they didn't want those kinds of standards placed on the, they shouldn't have put them out into the world.
THIS

He hasn't had any problem talking big when things are going well and telling everyone how great he is. Now he's crying because he's playing like trash and hearing about it
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:50 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Understand something - if you have a fanbase that doesn't get fired up when things are going poorly, then you also have a fanbase that doesn't give you the support you're wanting when things are going well.

The only way you can slide under the radar when you're playing poorly is if your fanbase is apathetic. This fanbase isn't and hasn't been since Marty brought the franchise back to relevance.

You want the loudest stadium in the NFL? Then you have to understand that it cuts both ways. Yes, those same fans that lose their shit on 3rd and long and make things easier for you when things are going well, are going to remind you of their presence when things AREN'T going well.

You can't ask a fanbase to be passionate when you're winning and to sit down and shut up when you're playing like shit. That's not how this works.
/thread.
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:52 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Who is resenting playing here? Honey Badger? Then gtfo. He's not worth the headache anymore anyway. Hitchens? He won a SB here and is overpaid. He can leave too.

I think most players would love to play here due to Mahomes and Reid. KC fans are passionate of course. But almost every NFL fan base is like that. Don't like it, then don't go on Twitter. It's really not that hard to do.
So it's just our defense?

There have been calls for Reid's head and don't give me that bullshit that this is limited to people who hated him from the start.

People have attacked the shit out of Brett Veach.

Reid publicly commented that CEH was hurt by comments about his play.

Fans have attacked Jackson and Brittany and Patrick's mom. Think he doesn't notice that?

They've gone after mecole and drob and Orlando brown and niang.

Fans have called for bieniemy to step down. And that the entire coaching staff including on offense needs to step down.

Can we just have a self awareness for just a half second that being critical is OK but it's obvious that the team is feeling this went too far, and that it goes way beyond just a few players on our defense?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:57 PM 10-31-2021

Again, I have never ever ever said nobody should be accountable. But there is a different between getting pissed off and grabbing pitchforks to burn the entire thing to the ground. There is a line. And it comes off as entitled when fans draw go from zero to absolutely berzerk over the tiniest bit of adversity.

Do our fans really not have even a hint of self awareness that we're pissing off even the good guys on our team?
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:57 PM 10-31-2021
Dear GOD you're such a melodramatic vag sometimes, zilla :-)

NONE of that is anything that EVERY other NFL team doesn't have to deal with
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:03 PM 10-31-2021

I always enjoy your posts, even on those occasions I might disagree with what you are saying. This is spot on, and the perspective that no one else has brought up. You gotta take the good with the bad.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:08 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dear GOD you're such a melodramatic vag sometimes, zilla :-)

NONE of that is anything that EVERY other NFL team doesn't have to deal with
LOL, I'm the melodramatic vag? Not the overreacting fans who have been crying like the world is ending because weve had a single setback? Who's the one being dramatic here? This is probably the most critical our fans have been since the end of the Pioli era and that is bizarre coming from a fan base that has been kissed by God by recent fortunes. It's fine to be critical, but goddamn our fans don't realize how really fucking good we have it right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 10-31-2021
Again, I have never ever ever said nobody should be accountable. But there is a different between getting pissed off and grabbing pitchforks to burn the entire thing to the ground. There is a line. And it comes off as entitled when fans draw go from zero to absolutely berzerk over the tiniest bit of adversity.

Do our fans really not have even a hint of self awareness that we're pissing off even the good guys on our team?
There really isn't.

Passionate fanbases, when they get pissed off, are going to grab their pitchforks to burn the entire thing to the ground.

No, Mathieu and Hitchens are not getting any more heat here than they'd be getting in Chicago or Baltimore or Oakland or Minnesota or Pittsburgh. They might escape a little scrutiny in Green Bay but FFS, Green Bay fans have fired missiles at Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre over the last decade or so.

You want quiet fans when you lose? Go to the Chargers in the offseason. If you want fans that are 'satisfied' at 3-4, go play for the Jets. Hell, if you want fans that are pissed off at you when you're winning go to Philly or Dallas. It could be a HELL of a lot worse.

In Kansas City you're going to get virtually unparalleled support when you're winning and honestly pretty reasonable levels of fan criticism when you aren't.

I'm not going to pretend like this fanbase has anything to apologize for.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 71
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up