ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
But why would anyone here get upset about that? It's not even debatable that he had TWO feed out of bounds and was shoved from behind. The strength of the shove is irrelevant to the rule, as is whether Mahomes made it look worse than it was. It was absolutely, 100% a foul.

I just don't see the point in getting upset about people who are just plain wrong and refuse to acknowledge it. There's no room for debate with people who aren't even trying to be objective.

Again, I just feel like some people here (cough...pete...cough) actively search out things to get upset about. Life's too short to get into arguments about people who aren't debating in good faith.
Upset about it?

They're ALL OVER my social media feeds. MY feeds. CHIEFS feeds. Nobody in Chiefs kingdom is searching out things to get upset about. The Bengals fans are absolutely the aggressor here.

Let me ask you this? When a rival fan comes here spewing nonsense, what do they get? A good ribbing and that's about it.

But what happens when a rival fan comes here, starts 4 threads in 15 minutes and proceeds to post 500 times in one day? They get REMOVED from the discussion.

That's not happening on social media at all. In fact, they're being emboldened by the national sports media.

This isn't at all the way you're characterizing it.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:05 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
According to Bengals fans, several other fanbases, and the national media, it was NOT a penalty. That is the problem.
I chalk that up as ignorance as he had both feet out of bounds. Only those who feel like it wasn’t a penalty are Bengals fans as those who wanted KC to lose.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:11 PM 02-02-2023
Upset about it?

They're ALL OVER my social media feeds. MY feeds. CHIEFS feeds. Nobody in Chiefs kingdom is searching out things to get upset about. The Bengals fans are absolutely the aggressor here.

Let me ask you this? When a rival fan comes here spewing nonsense, what do they get? A good ribbing and that's about it.

But what happens when a rival fan comes here, starts 4 threads in 15 minutes and proceeds to post 500 times in one day? They get REMOVED from the discussion.

That's not happening on social media at all. In fact, they're being emboldened by the national sports media.

This isn't at all the way you're characterizing it.
Perhaps this suggests more about where you get your Chiefs news than anything. :-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:14 PM 02-02-2023
Perhaps this suggests more about where you get your Chiefs news than anything. :-)
It’s easy to scroll by with a cigar and a finger pointing to the Lamar Hunt trophy.

This is (another) thread that should be in RR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 02-02-2023
Well where else are we supposed to get if we can't come here for a bit?

I mean obviously CP is the best but it isn't always possible to hang out here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
It’s easy to scroll by with a cigar and a finger pointing to the Lamar Hunt trophy.

This is (another) thread that should be in RR.
Scroll by what? This isn't a few posts. It's entire pages and groups.

Like I said, I actually had to unsubscribe from some groups because there was simply no Chiefs discussion other than "rigged".

I guess you think that's perfectly fine. I don't. I have some basic expectations from people which are probably misguided I'll admit.
[Reply]
threebag 02:17 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Dee Ford, the fumble in the snow against the Raiders, and a million other calls from the refs that helped them win games with Brady.
Forward Progress on the DJ sack
[Reply]
DaFace 02:17 PM 02-02-2023
Well where else are we supposed to get if we can't come here for a bit?

I mean obviously CP is the best but it isn't always possible to hang out here.
My Chiefs news sources:
-ChiefsPlanet
-Various Chiefs news orgs (The Athletic, Arrowhead Pride, KCSN, a little KC Star)
-Rich Eisen
-Pat McAfee
-Chris Sims (and a little Florio because he's often with Sims)
-Good Morning Football

I don't think I've heard anyone suggest that the call was wrong in any of those spots.

If you're reacting to Twitter comments or any of the media types who yell constantly as a form of "discussion," that's on you. I do visit /r/nfl on reddit, but it's pretty obvious that half the people on there are 20-somethings who barely even understand the rules most of the time. It's pretty easy there to just roll your eyes and move on.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:20 PM 02-02-2023
My Chiefs news sources:
-ChiefsPlanet
-Various Chiefs news orgs (The Athletic, Arrowhead Pride, KCSN, a little KC Star)
-Rich Eisen
-Pat McAfee
-Chris Sims (and a little Florio because he's often with Sims)
-Good Morning Football

I don't think I've heard anyone suggest that the call was wrong in any of those spots.

If you're reacting to Twitter comments or any of the media types who yell constantly as a form of "discussion," that's on you. I do visit /r/nfl on reddit, but it's pretty obvious that half the people on there are 20-somethings who barely even understand the rules most of the time. It's pretty easy there to just roll your eyes and move on.
That's just the thing. I'm NOT reacting to them, other than the occasional "scoreboard" comment.

I'm also not seeking them out. I guess I'm really not understanding how it's perfectly fine for another fanbase to completely ruin another fanbase's "backyard".

They've literally signed up for every Chiefs source they can find (that allows them to sign up) and taken it over. How is that okay?
[Reply]
DaFace 02:23 PM 02-02-2023
That's just the thing. I'm NOT reacting to them, other than the occasional "scoreboard" comment.

I'm also not seeking them out. I guess I'm really not understanding how it's perfectly fine for another fanbase to completely ruin another fanbase's "backyard".

They've literally signed up for every Chiefs source they can find (that allows them to sign up) and taken it over. How is that okay?
I guess I don't know. I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 02-02-2023

Furthermore, I don't do subscription services (I'm not paying for stuff I can find for free any number of places, including here). I don't really have time to watch a ton of YouTube videos (I spend most of that time watching actual football games), and if you look at the conversations going on some of the major sports websites (NBC, who employs Chris Simms, FOX, and CBS Sports) they're littered with it too.

All I want is to get away from it. But unless you want to completely wall yourself off from any Chiefs discussion other than an echo chamber, that's not possible.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:25 PM 02-02-2023
Scroll by what? This isn't a few posts. It's entire pages and groups.

Like I said, I actually had to unsubscribe from some groups because there was simply no Chiefs discussion other than "rigged".

I guess you think that's perfectly fine. I don't. I have some basic expectations from people which are probably misguided I'll admit.
Yes, it’s perfectly fine and reasonable that people of low intelligence are hooked on rigged and steered and whatever other Vegas .

But l learned long ago to ignore and scroll. Learned it here. We have a shit ton of galaxy brained idiots who are posting in this thread that are true believers in that. The most humerous aspect, is that those same folks are outraged that other folks think it’s rigged/steered/Vegas ’d for the chiefs.

Anyway, I don’t want you to think I’m criticizing you specifically. You’re a good cat. Like I said in the other thread, it’s almost SB week and it’s time to leave the losers behind.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Yes, it’s perfectly fine and reasonable that people of low intelligence are hooked on rigged and steered and whatever other Vegas .

But l learned long ago to ignore and scroll. Learned it here. We have a shit ton of galaxy brained idiots who are posting in this thread that are true believers in that. The most humerous aspect, is that those same folks are outraged that other folks think it’s rigged/steered/Vegas ’d for the chiefs.

Anyway, I don’t want you to think I’m criticizing you specifically. You’re a good cat. Like I said in the other thread, it’s almost SB week and it’s time to leave the losers behind.
All I'm saying - and I promise this is the last thing I will say - is this:

It's not possible to ignore and scroll. There's so much of it that there's nothing to scroll TO. Like I said, the only option was to completely unsubscribe.

As for here and people posting that shit here, the people that do it in volume get banned or moved to the RR.

In the places I'm talking about, they have free reign to say whatever they want AND drown out any opposition at all.

That's my frustration - 2 weeks ago, I was following CHIEFS stuff. Most of that stuff is no longer Chiefs-related - it's completely taken over by Bengals fans.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:33 PM 02-02-2023
All I'm saying - and I promise this is the last thing I will say - is this:

It's not possible to ignore and scroll. There's so much of it that there's nothing to scroll TO. Like I said, the only option was to completely unsubscribe.

As for here and people posting that shit here, the people that do it in volume get banned or moved to the RR.

In the places I'm talking about, they have free reign to say whatever they want AND drown out any opposition at all.

That's my frustration - 2 weeks ago, I was following CHIEFS stuff. Most of that stuff is no longer Chiefs-related - it's completely taken over by Bengals fans.
I'm really curious what specific places you're talking about. Even on /r/nfl, which has been a raging inferno of Chiefs hate since Sunday, I can't find a single thread suggesting that Mahomes flopped. I'm sure it's in the comments, but again, comment sections are almost always dumpster fires.
[Reply]
Spott 02:38 PM 02-02-2023
I honestly don’t go anywhere else for Chiefs news, or pretty much any NFL news. If it’s important, this place always seems like the first to know.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up