ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
Kiimo 11:38 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Lol dude Bowe, and Charles, and really even DJ didn't have shitty rookie years. Charles was behind Larry Johnson still and Herm was a stubborn ass. Bowe nearly had 1,000 yards and DJ did "ok" for a rookie.
I'm talking about what was said on here and elsewhere by fans
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:00 PM 05-05-2022
Why are we comparing DJ, Charles and Bowe to Kaindoh?

Two of those were 1st round picks and Charles was a 3rd round pick.

Kaindoh was known to be raw when we drafted him. Anybody expecting a huge first year out of him was only setting themselves up for disappointment.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:14 PM 06-12-2022
I’ve noticed this guy and Karlaftis have been hanging out together quite a bit.

Considering the work ethic of Karlaftis, that’s a really good sign.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:06 AM 06-15-2022
Kaindoh was brought up by Craig Stout on kcsn and Dan on the RGR stuff. Basically maybe what they are seeing from him and Herring have them feeling comfortable with whats in the building. Or good enough to wait for cut down days.

KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING JOSH KAINOH
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:12 AM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Kaindoh was brought up by Craig Stout on kcsn and Dan on the RGR stuff. Basically maybe what they are seeing from him and Herring have them feeling comfortable with whats in the building. Or good enough to wait for cut down days.

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING JOSH KAINOH
Ok.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:13 AM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Ok.
Thanks for coming to my Josh talk.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:01 AM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:

KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING JOSH KAINOH

We frequently hear about “buzz” around certain players from chiefs coaches in the offseason. We were already hearing about how much the Chiefs liked Humphrey and Smith around this time last year.

Basically, until I hear about the Chiefs putting trust in Kaindoh, I’m going to assume he’s nothing special
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 06-15-2022
It woudl be a boom for us if he turned into just being a good player. Not great....just a solid DE.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:47 AM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We frequently hear about “buzz” around certain players from chiefs coaches in the offseason. We were already hearing about how much the Chiefs liked Humphrey and Smith around this time last year.

Basically, until I hear about the Chiefs putting trust in Kaindoh, I’m going to assume he’s nothing special
Yeah its absolutely nothing, just part time media guys filling time to avoid spending time with their families. But because i like his size im going to die on the Kaindoh hill. He's my Terrance Copper, just with out the wild success.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:16 PM 06-15-2022
It would certainly be a different situation if we didn't keep whiffing on defensive linemen.

I hope he surprises me
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:32 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It would certainly be a different situation if we didn't keep whiffing on defensive linemen.

I hope he surprises me
I mean at least in his film he moves like a football player. Thats more than speaks or Kpass ever did.

Kpass looked the part but was just a weight room warrior.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:04 PM 06-15-2022
Yeah imagine this team if Speaks or KPass or both were dominating probowlers
[Reply]
Bump 03:34 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It woudl be a boom for us if he turned into just being a good player. Not great....just a solid DE.
that would be huge honestly.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:08 PM 06-15-2022
Second round for us is a real feast or famine scenario, but I think it's gotten better every year.

Hopefully it's an upward trend that keeps going.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:04 AM 06-16-2022
Imagine if either had just at least been Okafor good. And the other decent rotation. I guess Kpass is decent rotation just not good enough to bring back.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up