ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2994 of 4898
« First < 1994249428942944298429902991299229932994 299529962997299830043044309434943994 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:47 PM 07-31-2022
Donks were feeling good until they peeked at the Chief's training camp where all of our draft picks were flashing with talent.

Chiefs are re-loaded and ready to head back to the AFC Championship for the fifth time in a row- Donks are ready for the cellar of the division, again!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:47 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
A lot of people have picked Poe, Fisher, Tyler Jackson or Dorset types up high.
Not sure why you included a couple of 2x Pro Bowlers in that list. I think they qualified as “decent.”

Actually, I’m not sure why you’re mentioning any of them. Is Scott Pioli your measuring stick? :-)
[Reply]
GROB 01:06 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Not sure why you included a couple of 2x Pro Bowlers in that list. I think they qualified as “decent.”

Actually, I’m not sure why you’re mentioning any of them. Is Scott Pioli your measuring stick? :-)
I was pointing out the flaw in the argument that it is easy to pick top tier players high. Pro bowl is not a good measuring stick since there have been plenty of JAGs that made a probowl.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:35 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Now do PFF's take on the Chief's draft class.
I'm sure they loved the way your players played in college, but just because they graded highly in college doesn't mean they project to be great players in the pros. I don't think PFF does a good job projecting college players to the NFL.

For example, Baker Mayfield broke all of PFF's models. I'm pretty sure he earned their highest QB grade ever. Those same models gave Mason Rudolph a higher grade than Josh Allen. When they'd do their mock drafts using their grades, they'd leave Josh Allen out of the first round entirely.

Same thing with Travon Walker and Karlaftis. I don't doubt at all that Karlaftis graded out higher in college, but Walker was drafted 29 spots higher than Karlaftis for a reason.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:49 PM 07-31-2022
I was pointing out the flaw in the argument that it is easy to pick top tier players high. Pro bowl is not a good measuring stick since there have been plenty of JAGs that made a probowl.
I never said it was "easy." I said that a GM doesn't deserve a lot of credit for drafting a solid talent with the 9th pick. Especially a corner. Top 10 corners rarely bust (about a 12% bust rate according to Bleacher Report). Basically, a top 10 CB is one of the safest bets you can make. Which is probably what Paton was doing....playing it safe.

People like Quesadilla Joe have called Paton a top GM based largely upon the selection of Surtain. Ridiculous.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:55 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I'm sure they loved the way your players played in college, but just because they graded highly in college doesn't mean they project to be great players in the pros. I don't think PFF does a good job projecting college players to the NFL.

For example, Baker Mayfield broke all of PFF's models. I'm pretty sure he earned their highest QB grade ever. Those same models gave Mason Rudolph a higher grade than Josh Allen. When they'd do their mock drafts using their grades, they'd leave Josh Allen out of the first round entirely.

Same thing with Travon Walker and Karlaftis. I don't doubt at all that Karlaftis graded out higher in college, but Walker was drafted 29 spots higher than Karlaftis for a reason.
"Alex Smith was drafted 23 spots higher than Aaron Rodgers for a reason."
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:08 PM 07-31-2022
A lot of people have picked Poe, Fisher, Tyler Jackson or Dorset types up high.
Please enlighten me on these players Tyler Jackson and "first name redacted" Dorsett...
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:11 PM 07-31-2022
I don't remember these draft picks...
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:13 PM 07-31-2022
If you're going to start an argument, the least you can do is get the names of the players correct
[Reply]
GROB 02:53 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Please enlighten me on these players Tyler Jackson and "first name redacted" Dorsett...
Corrected for you. Autocorrect gets everyone at times. You know exactly who I was talking about. You guys are the kings of deflect and pivot to something else vs making a legit point.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:10 PM 07-31-2022
Corrected for you. Autocorrect gets everyone at times. You know exactly who I was talking about. You guys are the kings of deflect and pivot to something else vs making a legit point.
As opposed to ignoring all legit points and pivoting, as is your fanbase’s approach. I don’t blame you, though. You guys don’t have much ammo these days.

I think there’s more Bronco fan traffic on this board than most Broncos forums. At least you have good taste.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:31 PM 07-31-2022
I stopped looking at PFF years ago when, in the middle of an argument with Clay about Houston vs Dumervil, I analyzed their pass rush ratings and realized that they have a negative correlation with winning, while real-world pass rush productivity has a positive correlation with winning (obviously).

I don't really think they know what they're grading, they just rate the guys that they like highly.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:49 PM 07-31-2022
Is it October yet? The sudden influx of dipshits will be but a fleeting memory come October. Just like last year….. and the year before….. and the year before….. and the year before.
[Reply]
GROB 04:12 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
As opposed to ignoring all legit points and pivoting, as is your fanbase’s approach. I don’t blame you, though. You guys don’t have much ammo these days.

I think there’s more Bronco fan traffic on this board than most Broncos forums. At least you have good taste.
You are right there. The bronco boards aren't very good.
[Reply]
GROB 04:13 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Is it October yet? The sudden influx of dipshits will be but a fleeting memory come October. Just like last year….. and the year before….. and the year before….. and the year before.
I'll be here provided i don't get a 10+ year ban again. You guys will have to flock to the Bronco boards for attention.

Which one of you guys are Zero/Gary from the Mange.
[Reply]
Page 2994 of 4898
« First < 1994249428942944298429902991299229932994 299529962997299830043044309434943994 > Last »
Up