ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 221
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:38 PM 03-04-2017
I bought a new fish finder for my kayak. A pretty nice Garmin one with a 5 inch screen. I can't wait to try it out.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:59 PM 03-04-2017
Caught a shit load of rainbows on Taneycomo today.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:44 PM 03-19-2017
I came home this afternoon from a night of fishing and I hurt so bad lol that's what the off season did to me I wasn't used to everything but it was also cold last night.

I need a montage to get back into fishing shape

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:00 PM 03-19-2017

That's from the fires last week but the park itself is in tack and Manooka park is now open even to my surprise.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:15 PM 03-19-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Caught a shit load of rainbows on Taneycomo today.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'll be coming by to get my share. Thanks man
[Reply]
stumppy 12:22 PM 03-20-2017
I have to tell someone about this and the fishing thread seems like the place.

A bought a used, not running 74' Johnson 9 1/2 hp outboard with an open title. After finding out the previous owner rebuilt the carb. in an effort to fix the no run problem I started with the carb. Long story short, he didn't have all the screws tightened and had the idle adjustment completely wrong. Tightening the screws and setting the idle adjustment right I now have a fine running motor.
The total cost for the motor itself and my repairs....$10
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:56 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:

A bought a used, not running 74' Johnson 9 1/2 hp outboard with an open title. After finding out the previous owner rebuilt the carb. in an effort to fix the no run problem I started with the carb. Long story short, he didn't have all the screws tightened and had the idle adjustment completely wrong. Tightening the screws and setting the idle adjustment right I now have a fine running motor.
Very nice, I don't know shit about marine motors. Never had a boat.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:52 PM 03-20-2017

Nicely done :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:56 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'd kill for a freaking boat sometimes. Especially right now with the fish in deeper waters to stay warm. I about bought a boat once but then found out I'd have to pay property tax annually for the thing and it needed much work on it so I didn't figure it was worth the asking amount. I should have gotten the boat.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:59 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
It doesn't sound like Stumppy does either, but he's got a kick ass '74 9.5 HP Johnson!
[Reply]
stumppy 02:29 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
It doesn't sound like Stumppy does either, but he's got a kick ass '74 9.5 HP Johnson!
Hey....I know enough to know my short shaft johnson :-) is the perfect motor for my friends alum. v-hull.
[Reply]
Rooster 02:33 PM 03-20-2017

Nice. Perfect time to get out on the water.

I usually have the opposite happen to me. I'll get something thinking I'll fix if for about $20 and it turns out to be a huge POS not worth having. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 02:42 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Rooster:
Nice. Perfect time to get out on the water.

I usually have the opposite happen to me. I'll get something thinking I'll fix if for about $20 and it turns out to be a huge POS not worth having. :-)
Same here. I know the guy who owned this one and he is not mech. inclined at all. I figured worse case I only lost $10 if it was trashed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:00 PM 03-20-2017
$10 to make the motor purr?

Ya done good, stumpy
[Reply]
mselley 12:49 AM 03-21-2017

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 124 of 221
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Up