ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 221
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:13 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's a pain in the ass to carry them around on a stringer all day, it's a pain in the ass to clean them, and I don't really think they taste all that good anyway.
This is exactly why I release far more often than keep, half the time I'm too sauced to wanna come home and clean a bunch of fish :-)

Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I've never had trout, never even fished for them but I could eat catfish twice a week and never get tired of it.
I'd love to try trout, lotsa people seem to love it... I'm always seeing pics in outdoors magazines etc of people cooking them in hobo packets over a campfire with butter, lemon, and an herb or two... it always looks quite tasty
[Reply]
beach tribe 03:16 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This is exactly why I release far more often than keep, half the time I'm too sauced to wanna come home and clean a bunch of fish :-)

I'd love to try trout, lotsa people seem to love it... I'm always seeing pics in outdoors magazines etc of people cooking them in hobo packets over a campfire with butter, lemon, and an herb or two... it always looks quite tasty
I've had some good and some bad.

Don't know enough about it to know why, though.

Best fish Ive ever had was cooked literally straight off the hook.

It was Sea Bass and it was ungodly good.
I don't think it had more than butter and pepper on it.
[Reply]
loochy 03:17 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Trout has these tiny little bones all throughout...they are about the size and consistency of 50 lb test monofilament...it's really hard to eat trout without getting a few of them.
[Reply]
loochy 03:19 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I haven't chimed in here in a while because I am on a serious drought in the SF lake. I don't know WTF is going on.
I know I go through this every year, but damn.
Things have been slow. I don't even see the peacock running around?
Anybody else fish down here?
When is your spawn down there? I bet it has something to do with changed behaviors related to that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 03-02-2017

You Florida guys have it sooo good... freshwater, saltwater, all of it year round :-)

Trout has these tiny little bones all throughout...they are about the size and consistency of 50 lb test monofilament...it's really hard to eat trout without getting a few of them.
A mouthful of bones will quickly take the fun out of eating fish, used to deal with it all the time with various family and friends when it comes to carp... "oh no bones in mine, I know exactly how to fillet them!"

Two bites later theres a ****ing dagger in the roof of my mouth or in my gums
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:23 PM 03-02-2017

I'm 15 at heart and can't ever hear that without thinking:

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:26 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
You're killin me loochy.

:-)
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:11 PM 03-02-2017
When is your spawn down there? I bet it has something to do with changed behaviors related to that.
It does.

Believe it or not it doesn't start till April.

I know.
Go figure.

I fished my ass off in years past from Nov-Feb thinking they would spawn in the cold.

Never did.

The two monster Bass I posted that I caught last year were both in April.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:04 PM 03-02-2017
Daylight and tradition has a lot to do with spawning
[Reply]
Valiant 03:03 PM 03-03-2017
Just got back from driving down to Louisiana at the toledo bend lake. Unfortunately a cold front moved in and the bass were not biting.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:34 PM 03-03-2017
Supposed to warm up to 65 here tomorrow, sounds like a good day to get out
[Reply]
threebag 11:28 PM 03-03-2017
I might go cast net a few of my ponds depending on the wind. Hate fucking wind. Time to start attracting the bait.
[Reply]
threebag 11:29 PM 03-03-2017
Plus I bought a newer boat and have already sold my old one.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:46 PM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Plus I bought a newer boat and have already sold my old one.
Live fast, leave a big wake
[Reply]
bdj23 03-04-2017, 09:41 AM
This message has been deleted by bdj23.
Easy 6 04:24 PM 03-04-2017
Got out for a little bit late morning, nothing was biting but it was nice to get outside anyway... the lake is turning over, you could really smell the water today
[Reply]
Page 123 of 221
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173 > Last »
Up