ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 295
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:30 AM 04-24-2020
I can see Clyde and D Will on the field at the same time. He’s like a Darren Sproles in the way he can be used
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well don't be. Watch all of those backs play every down. Not just highlights. But every down you can find. And then watch CEH. He's undeniably the best back. Here, Veach will explain why:

Or just turn on his tape against Alabama and have your jaw drop to the floor.

It’s impossible not to love this guy after watching that game. It’s his “Mahomes vs LSU” tape
[Reply]
kcclone 09:33 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I'm perfectly fine with a running back after Murray and Ruiz were gone.
That's kind of where I was. Murray, Queen and Ruiz were gone, along with the first tier of CB's.

CEH will take pressure off of the pass rush. He's great insurance for when/if Damien Williams isn't 100%.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:33 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I’m not in this camp but there are people suggesting we trade Damien Williams. I think this would be dumb. Williams provides a lethal 1-2 combo with CEH
Not like he brings much at this point. Have them both this year. See how it works and then if you don't want to bring Williams back in 2021 fine. But given injuries to the position being 3 deep is right where you need to be.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:33 AM 04-24-2020
Fun little tidbit. Veach played against Brian Westbrook in college as a player
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:33 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Used more as a receiver than even McCaffrey. This guy is going to be everywhere and will produce similar production. He’s going to be just like McCaffrey as a receiving back.

We’ll think of this dude as a small receiver rather than RB.

The context of your description is how they use to talk about Marshall Falk. Though I'm not making that comparison, different players. But the impact will be similiar.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:34 AM 04-24-2020

Our BMF GM Brett Veach:
-Intentionally leaked the Ruggs rumor on purpose to get the Raiders to get scared and draft him out of fear
-Got the PERFECT RB to stop the Cover 3 BS
-Got the ONE player our very own QB Mahomes asked for

And that was only Day ONE Chiefs Kingdom �� pic.twitter.com/8cn9XtcgJ1

— CHIEFS HIGHLIGHTS (@ChiefsHighlight) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:34 AM 04-24-2020
Liked the pick from the beginning, but the more I learn the more I love it. Smart, smart kid. Humble. Hungry. Incredible talent. Gonna fit perfectly on our team, in our scheme, and in the locker room.

Grand. Freaking. Slam.

#InVeachWeTrust
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:34 AM 04-24-2020
There's a really good case to be made that if the Chiefs had been better in terms of ball security from their running banks and in short yardage situations, we would've been undefeated last year. This guy takes us over the top.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:37 AM 04-24-2020
Well don't be. Watch all of those backs play every down. Not just highlights. But every down you can find. And then watch CEH. He's undeniably the best back. Here, Veach will explain why:

I think "best back" is a bit subjective. I don't think he's the best runner, but I think he's the best receiver out of the backfield in the class. That's probably most important when you look at the way KC is built though. He's effective running inside or outside, certainly. If this team were more run-heavy, I'd have to say Dobbins trumps him as a runner and is still a good receiver. Either way, we got him now so hopefully he comes through big, unlike that waste of a pick last year.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 09:48 AM 04-24-2020
I love the Westbrook comparison and love the pick for us. Put the offense over the top and never miss a beat.

They were talking on the NFL channel about how other teams were upset we took him because they were planning on taking him early in the second round. I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t the Bengals at 33.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:49 AM 04-24-2020
Mahomes picked him as well.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:57 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
That's kind of where I was. Murray, Queen and Ruiz were gone, along with the first tier of CB's.

CEH will take pressure off of the pass rush. He's great insurance for when/if Damien Williams isn't 100%.
I think you got that backwards. Williams, and his less than 3.0 ypa (after taking away two runs) will be taking a back seat to CEH.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:59 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Used more as a receiver than even McCaffrey. This guy is going to be everywhere and will produce similar production. He’s going to be just like McCaffrey as a receiving back.

We’ll think of this dude as a small receiver rather than RB.

Some more context here: LSU doesn't throw to running backs. That's not what they do.

Guise caught 32 passes in 3 years.

Fournette caught 31 passes in 3 years.

This kid caught 50 in one year. It's a testament to what LSU thought of him in the passing game.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 AM 04-24-2020
Some more context here: LSU doesn't throw to running backs. That's not what they do.

Guise caught 32 passes in 3 years.

Fournette caught 31 passes in 3 years.

This kid caught 50 in one year. It's a testament to what LSU thought of him in the passing game.
While true, that’s also due to Joe Brady installing that Saints offense.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 295
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up