ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 57
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:20 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Crazy stat on the season so far. 8 of the 15 runs allowed have been in the ninth inning.
Nothing quite like 9th inning bullpen meltdowns to destroy the morale of the club.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:27 PM 04-02-2024
Well, we get to see how Marsh is as a SP tonight. Hopefully he does as well as the other SPs. Not talking to you RPs.
[Reply]
RockChalk 04:48 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Well, we get to see how Marsh is as a SP tonight. Hopefully he does as well as the other SPs. Not talking to you RPs.
Early returns....pretty, pretty, good.
[Reply]
srvy 06:16 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
That reminds me, the TWA museum at the old downtown airport in KC is really neat (if you're into that kind of stuff like I am).
Permanently closed according to a Google search. Executive Beechcraft sold the commuter business to new owners. They promptly locked the old hanger about 4 to 5 years ago. Doubt they ever reopen. Beechcraft leased the hanger to the museum with a free use agreement that the new company didn't honor.
[Reply]
TLO 06:26 AM 04-03-2024
I'd say the chances of a game in Baltimore today are slim.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:48 AM 04-03-2024
Fug was looking forward to some 10:05am weekday baseball today
[Reply]
TLO 10:57 AM 04-03-2024

The start of today’s game will be delayed due to inclement weather. We will update with more information as it becomes available. https://t.co/K3q22WVgZm

— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) April 3, 2024

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:41 PM 04-03-2024
Ragans is for real, you guys.

This is like Jake Arrieta all over again. Injured and disappointing. Traded. Gets healthy and makes very minor mechanical adjustment.

Turns into an ace outta nowhere.

This team can win the AL Central as-is. If they could add a productive veteran bat - preferably a lefty - and add one more arm in the pen - even better.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:14 PM 04-03-2024
I'm sure some of you have read this, duncan might know if this dude is a good read or not in general, but figure it was worth posting.

My buddy sent me it a week back after talking about Ragans a little.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/cole-rag...riately-hyped/
[Reply]
Pablo 06:25 PM 04-03-2024
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:26 PM 04-03-2024
Damn man.

Garcia kept his head down on a decent pitch and drove it out opposite field.

I thought I was high on the guy but if he can do THAT he's even better than I gave him credit for. Damn that was a nice piece of hitting.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:42 PM 04-03-2024
Time to reevaluate Smith's role methinks
[Reply]
BWillie 06:56 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Time to reevaluate Smith's role methinks
Back-to-back-to-back World Series champion!!!!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:00 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

This is like Jake Arrieta all over again. Injured and disappointing. Traded. Gets healthy and makes very minor mechanical adjustment.

This team can win the AL Central as-is. If they could add a productive veteran bat - preferably a lefty - and add one more arm in the pen - even better.

[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:04 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

and some new effective bullpen pieces.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 57
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up