ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 469
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:00 AM 07-11-2022
From Keith Law:

Originally Posted by :
7. Drew Waters, OF
Bats: Switch | Throws: Right
Drafted: No. 41 in 2017

Scouts have long questioned Waters’ feel to hit, and those concerns proved valid last year, as Waters hit .240/.329/.381 in Triple A with a 31 percent strikeout rate, as he could no longer fatten up on weaker pitching as he had at the lower levels. His tools are unchanged — he’s a borderline plus runner who can play center, shows above-average raw power in BP, and has good hand-eye coordination. He just couldn’t hit better stuff before last year, and then in 2021 he saw a lot more of that better stuff and less of the bad stuff. The main issue is the lack of any approach, which very few hitters can get away with no matter how talented they are. It’s not unfixable, but he has a long way to go to hit.
Sounds right on the nose for DM.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:09 AM 07-11-2022
Andrew Hoffman wasn't ranked in Keith Law's top 20 Braves prospects.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:13 AM 07-11-2022
This seems like an L for the Royals oh my.
[Reply]
myselff77 09:15 AM 07-11-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Waters is the Braves's #1 prospect and CF is a death mine in the Royals system. That opens up MAT for a trade now.
Mondesi should be the opening day CF next year. I guess Waters is a good insurance policy beginning game 2 after Mondesi's season ending injury.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:19 AM 07-11-2022

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:24 AM 07-11-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Mondesi should be the opening day CF next year. I guess Waters is a good insurance policy beginning game 2 after Mondesi's season ending injury.
Mondesi isn't going to be a Royal anymore
[Reply]
myselff77 09:32 AM 07-11-2022
Mondesi isn't going to be a Royal anymore
It's the Royals, so while I hope you are right, there is one more year of team control. I'd expect the Royals to do Royal things, which in this case means plan to play him in 2023, hope he stays healthy and rebounds making him tradable at the deadline next year to a team in contention.

I'd expect he has zero trade value right now. Do you think the Royals would simply just not tender him next season and walk away?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:38 AM 07-11-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
It's the Royals, so while I hope you are right, there is one more year of team control. I'd expect the Royals to do Royal things, which in this case means plan to play him in 2023, hope he stays healthy and rebounds making him tradable at the deadline next year to a team in contention.

I'd expect he has zero trade value right now. Do you think the Royals would simply just not tender him next season and walk away?
They will trade him to another team for someone similar to him. It will be a disappointment for a disappointment to see who turns it around in a new location.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 07-11-2022
I'm not so sure I understand that one.

I mean it's a fascinating approach - certainly interesting if nothing else. But I'm not sure the Royals got the kind of return they should've and it makes me wonder if they were really just trying to get a little organizational depth without having to come up with that $2 million signing bonus.

Waters is a guy Braves fans have been talking up for several years now but seems to have really run out of steam as an offensive prospect. As far as Braves fans were concerned, he made Cristian Pache expendable. But honestly it's looking more like he may just be...another Christian Pache. And that should get him to the big leagues, but I'm not sure I see a guy who will move a needle.

Andrew Hoffman looks like one of those fast-riser polished college pitcher types who probably has a pretty low ceiling but may contribute in the big leagues. Nothing stands out in his scouting report (pretty basic fastball/slider/changeup guy who fills the zone and throws 92) but he's built for a starters workload and the actual performance in the low minors is nice.

If I'm the Royals organization and I think I have more 'core' in place, I think this is a solid trade because these are two guys with a decent chance to become solid complementary players. If they think Witt, Melendez, Pratto, Pasquantino, Lacy and Kowar will be the foundations - I understand this deal to fill in some holes around them with guys on a similar timeline.

But this also suggests perhaps a little more confidence in that core than I'd probably have in their shoes...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:49 AM 07-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not so sure I understand that one.

I mean it's a fascinating approach - certainly interesting if nothing else. But I'm not sure the Royals got the kind of return they should've and it makes me wonder if they were really just trying to get a little organizational depth without having to come up with that $2 million signing bonus.

Waters is a guy Braves fans have been talking up for several years now but seems to have really run out of steam as an offensive prospect. As far as Braves fans were concerned, he made Cristian Pache expendable. But honestly it's looking more like he may just be...another Christian Pache. And that should get him to the big leagues, but I'm not sure I see a guy who will move a needle.

Andrew Hoffman looks like one of those fast-riser polished college pitcher types who probably has a pretty low ceiling but may contribute in the big leagues. Nothing stands out in his scouting report (pretty basic fastball/slider/changeup guy who fills the zone and throws 92) but he's built for a starters workload and the actual performance in the low minors is nice.

If I'm the Royals organization and I think I have more 'core' in place, I think this is a solid trade because these are two guys with a decent chance to become solid complementary players. If they think Witt, Melendez, Pratto, Pasquantino, Lacy and Kowar will be the foundations - I understand this deal to fill in some holes around them with guys on a similar timeline.

But this also suggests perhaps a little more confidence in that core than I'd probably have in their shoes...
It looks like one of those 3 way trades in the NBA. Braves getting that #35 pick as trade bait for the trade deadline I would assume, since its a competitive balance pick. Royals get a close to MLB ready player who is still young.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:13 AM 07-11-2022
Holy shit look at this lineup they are trotting out for Game 1 today

Here's how we will take the field behind Brad Keller in Game 1 vs. the Tigers.#TogetherRoyal pic.twitter.com/dN7fGUk35e

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) July 11, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 07-11-2022
It looks like one of those 3 way trades in the NBA. Braves getting that #35 pick as trade bait for the trade deadline I would assume, since its a competitive balance pick. Royals get a close to MLB ready player who is still young.
Draft comes before the deadline, right? By a couple weeks - I think the draft is this week.

Is Anthopoulos still their GM? He's a crafty guy - my guess is that the trade isn't about the 'pick' itself but rather an attempt at boosting the Braves bonus pool. I wouldn't be surprised if they take someone cheap and signable with that pick because they're trying to bank bonus pool money to make an above slot offer to a pick elsewhere in the draft. You can usually sneak one of those higher risk picks into the 11th round if you play your cards right and have good intel from various 'advisors' on how much it will cost to buy a guy out of a college commitment.
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:22 AM 07-11-2022
Looks like whits streak is over…..
[Reply]
kstater 10:22 AM 07-11-2022
Sucks for whit

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:32 AM 07-11-2022
Holy shit look at this lineup they are trotting out for Game 1 today

[Reply]