ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:02 PM 10-12-2023
Watching Renfield. I'm not really a Nicolas Cage, but I'm liking him in this. He makes a good Dracula.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:48 AM 10-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Just finished my second viewing of The Hunt, and its still a very entertaining movie

I feel bad for everyone involved with it, because its one time conservative outrage was COMPLETELY wrong, I mean "the Trumpers" actually win... and all the absolutely needless outrage caused this film to make a fraction of what it could have
It's impossible to make a movie that says anything today without one side or the other spamming the media with outrage over how offensive it is. With Canada enacting its ministry of truth that's only going to get worse and send ripples through everything.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:55 AM 10-14-2023
Watched "The Possession of Hannah Grace" last night. Pretty creepy, for sure. enjoyed it.


[Reply]
mdstu 10:11 AM 10-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
is that the one with George C Scott? If it is, I agree.

the book was fantastic.
The Exorcist III in one of my all time favorites. The dialog is absolutely amazing and George C. Scott does a fantastic job of expressing angst and frustration with the crazy world he is in.

If you liked this movie you might like Midnight Mass on Netflix. It is a limited series with 7, one hour, episodes. Some will complain about the extended dialog scenes, but I loved it. I believe Redlettermedia did a review of it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:20 AM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by mdstu:
The Exorcist III in one of my all time favorites. The dialog is absolutely amazing and George C. Scott does a fantastic job of expressing angst and frustration with the crazy world he is in.

If you liked this movie you might like Midnight Mass on Netflix. It is a limited series with 7, one hour, episodes. Some will complain about the extended dialog scenes, but I loved it. I believe Redlettermedia did a review of it.
MM was pretty good. The Changeling has held up pretty decently after all these years.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:35 AM 10-15-2023
The Boogeyman (2023) on Hulu right now was pretty decent. Apparently it was based on a short story by Stephen King.

It didn’t do anything new but I thought it hit most of the horror notes well.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:49 AM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by mdstu:
The Exorcist III in one of my all time favorites. The dialog is absolutely amazing and George C. Scott does a fantastic job of expressing angst and frustration with the crazy world he is in.
You robber of life
You author of pain
You corruptor of justice, and innocence, and youth
You begetter of death
Sworn enemy of all the human race


Classic sound bite from EIII
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:47 AM 10-15-2023
We watched Drag Me to Hell last night.

Better than I remembered.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:10 PM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You robber of life
You author of pain
You corruptor of justice, and innocence, and youth
You begetter of death
Sworn enemy of all the human race


Classic sound bite from EIII

Legionů.for we are many.

Still sticks with me from the book, 35 years since I read it!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:11 PM 10-18-2023
anyone got a handy link to a good like top 10 or top 100 list of horror movies that arent super gory?



trying to easy the wife into the halloween spirit but still want to get laid and not piss her off too much


more psychological/thriller horror than just gore fest


thanks so much
[Reply]
lcarus 10:24 PM 10-18-2023
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
anyone got a handy link to a good like top 10 or top 100 list of horror movies that arent super gory?



trying to easy the wife into the halloween spirit but still want to get laid and not piss her off too much


more psychological/thriller horror than just gore fest


thanks so much
I don't know about a whole list of 100 but #1 would easily be Troll 2 for me. It's a real psychological thriller.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:49 AM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
anyone got a handy link to a good like top 10 or top 100 list of horror movies that arent super gory?



trying to easy the wife into the halloween spirit but still want to get laid and not piss her off too much


more psychological/thriller horror than just gore fest


thanks so much

Watch The Others or The original The Changeling.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:51 AM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I don't know about a whole list of 100 but #1 would easily be Troll 2 for me. It's a real psychological thriller.
Looks like a blast! How have I never seen this movie or even the trailer? :-)! Looks like a doozy!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:04 AM 10-23-2023
I think I will watch a Friday the 13th tonight.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:11 PM 10-23-2023
"The Dentist" with Corbin Bernsen wasn't a "good" movie, but it sure as hell made me cringe during the tooth-related torture scenes.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Up