ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 312 of 2694
« First < 212262302308309310311312 3133143153163223624128121312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bullshit.

Reid wouldn't have waited until year 5 of his tenure if he thought he'd made a mistake.

You know absolutely nothing about the NFL.
It's not like he really had a choice. Any upper-level management position in the NFL always defaults to the safe choice on high-profile positions.

As soon as the extension was signed Reid had to lie in the bed of shit-smelling checkdowns he made for his bulbous ass.

Now that the bedsores are finally becoming too much to bear he's ready to get up.

Reid probably had at least an inkling that Smith wasn't the guy when he threw 22 passes for 65 yards against the Patriots in the first half of the 2015 Divisional Playoffs, but at that point he was the best option so he had to trudge forward.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:20 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's not like he really had a choice. Any upper-level management position in the NFL always defaults to the safe choice on high-profile positions.

As soon as the extension was signed Reid had to lie in the bed of shit-smelling checkdowns he made for his bulbous ass.

Now that the bedsores are finally becoming too much to bear he's ready to get up.

Reid probably had at least an inkling that Smith wasn't the guy when he threw 22 passes for 65 yards against the Patriots in the first half of the 2015 Divisional Playoffs, but at that point he was the best option so he had to trudge forward.
That is such BS. Why would Reid/Dorsey give Alex Smith an extension if they thought they made a mistake?

Reid has been one of the biggest Alex Smith defenders, if not the biggest. If you think myself or Tiger are bad you should see how testy Reid gets in press conferences when asked about Alex Smith constantly. He always backs Alex up, more than any other player I would say.

Reid loves Smith, always has. It's well documented. That's why he traded for him. He has been consistent in saying he loves the guy and wishes he could have coached him a long time ago. That's not the words of someone who thinks they made a mistake.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:31 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That is such BS. Why would Reid/Dorsey give Alex Smith an extension if they thought they made a mistake?
They only realized it after the extension.

Reid probably started looking seriously at quarterback prospects as soon as 2015 ended.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 07-17-2017
Reid always has his players back, as he should
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:33 AM 07-17-2017

Reid has been one of the biggest Alex Smith defenders, if not the biggest. If you think myself or Tiger are bad you should see how testy Reid gets in press conferences when asked about Alex Smith constantly. He always backs Alex up, more than any other player I would say.

Reid loves Smith, always has. It's well documented. That's why he traded for him. He has been consistent in saying he loves the guy and wishes he could have coached him a long time ago. That's not the words of someone who thinks they made a mistake.
If Andy Reid has to constantly defend Alex Smith because so many others sees his flaws then that becomes a problem much like Scott Pioli sticking with Matt Cassell and forcing him down our throats.

The good news is I think Andy Reid is giving Smith this year but wont' be as quick to defend him either and he can say what he wants in public but behind closed doors in meetings he can say another to his coaches and staff. Nothing is ever face value.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:34 AM 07-17-2017
They only realized it after the extension.

Reid probably started looking seriously at quarterback prospects as soon as 2015 ended.
After probably watching 100s of hours and hours of film on Alex, coaching him, they only realized it after the extension? Right.....
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:41 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Hey guys, have you guys seen this?

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Holy shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/TTUKingsb...00783586795520

This is the difference between Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes II
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:52 AM 07-17-2017
After probably watching 100s of hours and hours of film on Alex, coaching him, they only realized it after the extension? Right.....
Reid thought he could change Smith. He probably thought he had succeeded after the 2013 playoff game. And then he slowly began to realize he was wrong.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:54 AM 07-17-2017
Some people are creating a karma bubble for Mahomes that will make the mortgage crisis look like a beer fart.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:57 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Some people are creating a karma bubble for Mahomes that will make the mortgage crisis look like a beer fart.
Wrong, because the grace period with a rookie quarterback is far greater than it is with a 10 year veteran.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:05 PM 07-17-2017
Wrong, because the grace period with a rookie quarterback is far greater than it is with a 10 year veteran.
If he only does 1 TD and 11 INT in his first year of starting, I'll be VERY concerned. We'll have another Alex on our hands at that point.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:10 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If he only does 1 TD and 11 INT in his first year of starting, I'll be VERY concerned. We'll have another Alex on our hands at that point.
Alex Smith would have been better off developing on the bench his first two years and the last 10 years.

I think he would have made a fine backup.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:52 PM 07-17-2017
Such a good article on what Mahomes can do to this offense. Wow

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...ight-look-like
Wow
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:11 PM 07-17-2017
Such a good article on what Mahomes can do to this offense. Wow

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...ight-look-like
lol, he threw that ball 75 yards in the air. wtf lol
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:15 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
lol, he threw that ball 75 yards in the air. wtf lol
Sandy and Tigger will be along to tell us that you can't make plays like that in the NFL and that a check down or a sack would be the smarter decision....
[Reply]
Page 312 of 2694
« First < 212262302308309310311312 3133143153163223624128121312 > Last »
Up