ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 146
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:10 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
The interior OL is the Chiefs' strength. Running down the middle should be more effective, especially on short yardage. It's just not working on those plays though.
Creed Humphrey is a much better pass blocker than run blocker, Thuney is also..OBJ and Trey Smith are the better run blockers.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 11:12 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I know the Eagles have Haason Reddick and he makes a big difference, but their lines were the same minus him last year and we seemed to do very well against them.

I’d say the 49ers DL was much better than this Eagles line. Reddick is good but in no way is he Bosa.

Also noticed blitzing Hurts forced him to make quite a few mistakes. He’s gotten better but he’s still very vulnerable there.
Not the same as last year. Reddick is a huge upgrade obviously (tied second in the league in sacks). Three other guys in double digits. Sweat wasn't a starter last year and has proven himself this year. They added Davis, Suh and Joseph to the middle of the line. The biggest difference from last year though is that they are now so deep on the line that they are able to rotate players more often with little to no loss in talent. This has kept them all fresher so that even in the 4th quarter they're still going strong and able to take advantage of a tired lineman more often. For example, last I saw Brandon Graham only plays about 38% of the total defensive snaps but has 11 sacks this year. And staying fresh is even bigger this late in the season.

And agreed that Hurts is still vulnerable to the blitz. He still has some growing there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:12 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Creed Humphrey is a much better pass blocker than run blocker, Thuney is also..OBJ and Trey Smith are the better run blockers.
And when the run game struggles...it's usually tied to Trey Smith and how well he's playing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:12 AM 01-31-2023
The interior OL is the Chiefs' strength. Running down the middle should be more effective, especially on short yardage. It's just not working on those plays though.
It's almost impossible to understand how the Chiefs are so bad on 3rd and 1.

It makes no sense.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:13 AM 01-31-2023
National media is all on the Eagles dicks right now. Got to love that we get Petty Pat
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:14 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

It makes no sense.
Rain Man made a joke in the AFC Championship GDT about taking a delay of game on 3rd and 1 to make it 3rd and 6.

I'm starting to wonder if it's fucking genius at this point.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:16 AM 01-31-2023
Man, we got two weeks.

Week 1: Basking in the glory of being AFC Champs

Week 2: Think about the Eagles.

Im still in week 1, but everyone keeps asking me how i feel about playing the Eagles.

I don't fucking know. I'm still busy laughing at the Bengals. But what little thought i have given it, i feel pretty good about it.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
National media is all on the Eagles dicks right now. Got to love that we get Petty Pat
Other than Keyshawn Johnson, so far from what I've seen.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:28 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
What a surprise, a bunch of coastal talking heads picking the team close to them?! I am shocked, shocked I say!
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 11:42 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
What a surprise, a bunch of coastal talking heads picking the team close to them?! I am shocked, shocked I say!
You should be happy! Good teams like the two here typically do better when they are underdogs with a chip on their shoulder. Last thing I want is for the young Eagles players to start thinking this thing is in the bag because for two weeks the media is telling them how special they are. That's a good way to get your butt handed to you in a game. Thankfully there are a number of veteran guys like Kelce, Cox and Lane Johnson, who already won a SB, who can ideally keep those young guys' heads from swelling too much.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Man, we got two weeks.

Week 1: Basking in the glory of being AFC Champs

Week 2: Think about the Eagles.

Im still in week 1, but everyone keeps asking me how i feel about playing the Eagles.

I don't fucking know. I'm still busy laughing at the Bengals. But what little thought i have given it, i feel pretty good about it.
Exactly this. :-)
[Reply]
boilertiger 11:45 AM 01-31-2023
The thing we don't know about the Eagles defense is can they confuse Mahomes.

That's kinda the key to beating Mahomes at this point, you have to get him off balance. Of course, if everyone is injured, they can just man us up and no one will get open so it wont matter.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:48 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

It makes no sense.
A huge part of that is because Reid refuses to QB sneak Mahomes. As such they don’t have the opportunity to pick up some of those easy 1st downs. Also teams don’t have to worry about them QB sneaking either so they can focus more on stopping whoever is our RB back there. We have to manufacture trick plays to pick up a yard.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:53 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
A huge part of that is because Reid refuses to QB sneak Mahomes. As such they don’t have the opportunity to pick up some of those easy 1st downs. Also teams don’t have to worry about them QB sneaking either so they can focus more on stopping whoever is our RB back there. We have to manufacture trick plays to pick up a yard.
Not doing a QB sneak because of a fluke injury 3 years ago is some old woman superstition from our coaching staff. A QB is more likely to get injured doing anything else besides a QB sneak. They need to get over this mental hurdle, especially if it's affecting performance.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:56 AM 01-31-2023
Not doing a QB sneak because of a fluke injury 3 years ago is some old woman superstition from our coaching staff. A QB is more likely to get injured doing anything else besides a QB sneak. They need to get over this mental hurdle, especially if it's affecting performance.
No time like the Super Bowl to bust it out if necessary.

Could likely take the edge off from using it in the future too.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 146
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up