ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 146
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Verse234 07:56 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
The thing I see is that the eagles have not played a great offensive team this year…

They played Jax early before they were jelling, they played the cowboys once with Rush and got beat by Dak, and they played the 48ers with their 4th string QB…

I think our offense is about to destroy them…if our defense can make Hurts one-dimensional, look out!
How did the 49ers lose both of their qbs last night? oh that's right the Niners couldn't protect them against a ferocious Dline.
Yes, the Eagles lost to Dak and the Cowboys, but we did beat the Bears and Colts as well as manhandled the Texans and Titans so does that count in the equation? Both of these teams earned the right to represent our conferences. A blowout? come on man smh
[Reply]
wbbonneriii 07:56 AM 01-31-2023
To follow up on the lack of offensive teams the Eagles have faced this year, this was their schedule (and that team's offensive ranking). They just faced five teams in the top 15 offensively (Det, Minn, Dal x2, and 49ers with their 4th stringer)...so really three teams Det, Minn, and Dal with Dak.

Det: 12th
Minn: 9th
Wash: 24th
Jax: 18th
Cardinals: 17th
Cowboys: 6th (but Dak didn't play)
Steelers: 25th
Texans: 31st
Colts:29th
Packers: 27th
Titans: 22nd
Giants: 21st
Bears: 16th
Cowboys: 6th (lost and gave up 40)
Saints: 20th

Playoffs:
49ers: 11th (with their 4th string QB)

Now compare this to the Chiefs who faced 9 teams in the top 15 (Bills, Bengals x2, Seahawks, Raiders x2, 49ers, Chargers x2)...

The Eagles are in big trouble if Mahomes is healthy!!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:58 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Verse234:
How did the 49ers lose both of their qbs last night? oh that's right the Niners couldn't protect them against a ferocious Dline.
Yes, the Eagles lost to Dak and the Cowboys, but we did beat the Bears and Colts as well as manhandled the Texans and Titans so does that count in the equation? Both of these teams earned the right to represent our conferences. A blowout? come on man smh

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 AM 01-31-2023
I'm not super concerned about Hurts as a passer; we handled Burrow, Chase and Higgins. I am concerned he can hurt us with his legs. Concerned about their running game overall, in fact.

And I'm concerned about their pass rush.

So, yeah, the trenches are my worry about this match-up. That and KC's overall health/availability.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:00 AM 01-31-2023
I know the Eagles are riding high after demolishing the 49ers. They’re a great team with a lot of talent, and I respect them a bunch…

BUT

I don’t see an offense that has tested them like the Chiefs offense is going to test them.

Is it possible the Eagles’ pass rush just overwhelms the Chiefs up front like they’ve done most teams on their schedule?

It sure is.

But it’s hard for me to see that, when the Eagles haven’t played many offenses with a good QB/system, and really have only played one elite guy (and he was out 1/2 the game, and the backup still made things happen).

I’m interested to see what the Chiefs do with Sneed, assuming he’s back for this one. Their willingness to have him travel with his WR matchup makes me think he likely does that with AJ Brown, which leaves KC marching up McDuffie on the slot.

I think that approach is going to more impactful and successful than outsiders realize.
[Reply]
straycash 08:02 AM 01-31-2023
PHI O vs KC D that's the game.
[Reply]
Verse234 08:04 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Welcome. It should be a great game. However, as I was pointing out to the other Eagles fan here, in the NFL designed runs by the QB aren’t considered sacks. It’s pretty easy to tell when a QB is scrambling vs a called run. If you tackle the QB behind the line of scrimmage on a designed run you’ll get credit for a TFL but not for a sack.
thank you for the response. If they are running an RPO and tackled behind the line of scrimmage it would be considered a sack Im guessing. What I do know is that neither Lane Johnson nor Jayson Kelce allowed a sack in 2 years and Dickerson is a pro bowler.
[Reply]
Verse234 08:05 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I know the Eagles are riding high after demolishing the 49ers. They’re a great team with a lot of talent, and I respect them a bunch…

BUT

I don’t see an offense that has tested them like the Chiefs offense is going to test them.

Is it possible the Eagles’ pass rush just overwhelms the Chiefs up front like they’ve done most teams on their schedule?

It sure is.

But it’s hard for me to see that, when the Eagles haven’t played many offenses with a good QB/system, and really have only played one elite guy (and he was out 1/2 the game, and the backup still made things happen).

I’m interested to see what the Chiefs do with Sneed, assuming he’s back for this one. Their willingness to have him travel with his WR matchup makes me think he likely does that with AJ Brown, which leaves KC marching up McDuffie on the slot.

I think that approach is going to more impactful and successful than outsiders realize.
I think that the birds are going to come out running the ball. we have 3 very good running backs and a massive oline. my worry is who covers travis
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:07 AM 01-31-2023
The thing about the Chiefs playing an elite defense is it's a coin flip: yeah, sometimes they do slow down the Chiefs, but a lot of times the Chiefs make them look like a terrible defense. Until the last drive against the 49ers, the Chiefs were averaging 10 yards per play, which is insane. If the Chiefs offense has a signature game, the Philly defense will be shredded.

Obviously, health is going to play into this game.

It's not that I am overly confident; I'm not especially given the injuries. But if Mahomes and the boys are close to 100%, if the Chiefs bring their A game on offense, there's nothing the Eagles D can do about it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:07 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
To follow up on the lack of offensive teams the Eagles have faced this year, this was their schedule (and that team's offensive ranking). They just faced five teams in the top 15 offensively (Det, Minn, Dal x2, and 49ers with their 4th stringer)...so really three teams Det, Minn, and Dal with Dak.

Det: 12th
Minn: 9th
Jax: 18th
Cardinals: 17th
Cowboys: 6th (but Dak didn't play)
Steelers: 25th
Texans: 31st
Colts:29th
Packers: 27th
Titans: 22nd
Bears: 16th
Cowboys: 6th (lost and gave up 40)
Saints: 20th

Playoffs:
49ers: 11th (with their 4th string QB)

Now compare this to the Chiefs who faced 9 teams in the top 15 (Bills, Bengals x2, Seahawks, Raiders x2, 49ers, Chargers x2)...

The Eagles are in big trouble if Mahomes is healthy!!!
They've literally played 3 games with a good offense/good QB combo. And only 1/2 against an elite QB.

2 1/2 of those games were against the QB trio of Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, and Jordan Love.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:09 AM 01-31-2023
IMO story of the game is KC's health. If the Chiefs come into the game fully healthy and ready to play, it'll be a great game. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a low scoring outcome, 17-14, 24-21 type of game.

Both teams can get after the QB. Both teams have an offensive capability that makes them really difficult to stop (run for Philly, pass for KC).

KC's offense is more dynamic, but the OTs can be a problem. Philly's pass rush off the edge is legit.

Philly's run game, including the triple RPO, is excellent. KC's DL is stout, esp Chris Jones, who was the best DT in the league this year & truly disruptive (better double & triple team him every snap, else he will blow up your offense).

This should be an outstanding Super Bowl :-) LFG
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:11 AM 01-31-2023
How would we rank the Eagles DLine against other DLines we have faced this season?

Thinking about the ones that we faced that stood out to me are the first Chargers game, Titans, 49ers, and the Bengals...
[Reply]
Christian & Barry 08:12 AM 01-31-2023
Eagles opposing QBs
Goff- DET
Cousins- MIN
Wentz- WAS
Lawrence- JAX
Murray- ARI
Rush- DAL
Pickett- PIT
Mills- HOU
Heinicke- WAS
Ryan- IND
Rodgers- GB
Tannehill- TEN
Jones- NYG
Fields- CHI
Prescott (347 yds, 3 TDs)
Dalton- NO
Webb (Davis Webb)- NYG
Jones- NYG
Armless Purdy- SF
[Reply]
straycash 08:13 AM 01-31-2023
Pat will be wearing a force field in the game, no worries.
[Reply]
Verse234 08:15 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm not super concerned about Hurts as a passer; we handled Burrow, Chase and Higgins. I am concerned he can hurt us with his legs. Concerned about their running game overall, in fact.

And I'm concerned about their pass rush.

So, yeah, the trenches are my worry about this match-up. That and KC's overall health/availability.
you guys had Burrow on his heels attacking a makeshift oline. The same can be said for the birds. We attacked the Niners after taking out both their qbs and they couldnt throw the ball.
I keep reading about how easy the Eagles had it, but the Chiefs played the AFC South and NFC West both terrible divisions. lost to the Colts and Bears. The strength of schedule isn't a very good barometer when discussing this game
The Chiefs are going to be one hell of a test for us I cant wait, I hope we both stay healthy and safe and let the best team win.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 146
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up