ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 146
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
wazu 04:56 PM 01-30-2023
Just saw an article pointing out this is the first time 2 black QBs have faced each other in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
BigRock 05:02 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Which of the other 17 games, in which he compiled the second most tackles in the NFL this season, should we be looking at?
Yeah, he makes a lot of tackles.

Originally Posted by Why Not?:
In fairness, I don't think he's had his best games in the playoffs so far but there a certainly areas that would be far great cause for concern in the Super Bowl than Nick Bolton is (looking at you, OTs).
It's going to be one of the most important matchups in the game. Watch what the Eagles' RPOs did to the 9ers LBs yesterday. Had Fred Warner out there looking like... well, Nick Bolton.
[Reply]
VAChief 05:10 PM 01-30-2023
Chiefs are now 10 and 2 against teams that made the playoffs this year.
[Reply]
Oxford 05:37 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Do you suppose Mahomes can throw and catch it too*.

*On one leg...
Someone who is good with that stuff needs to take a swashbuckling pirate with a peg leg and put Patrick's face on it
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:38 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Chiefs are now 10 and 2 against teams that made the playoffs this year.
the bills are going to their graves this offseason with "beat the 2022 champs in their house" banners
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:47 PM 01-30-2023
There seems to be a trend with KC's playoff opponents. Huge wins the previous games. Do not remember if the Jags stomped the Chargers
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:50 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Do not remember if the Jags stomped the Chargers

From halftime on they sure did.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:53 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
There seems to be a trend with KC's playoff opponents. Huge wins the previous games. Do not remember if the Jags stomped the Chargers
that's kinda what happened to us last year
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:16 PM 01-30-2023
Not sure that the Eagles' defense is as great as it's made out to be.

They've faced two offenses that were in the same ballpark as KC's this year. Detroit dropped 35, despite losing the TO battle. And Dallas (w/Dak) scored 40.

They also allowed 32 vs a weak Washington offense, and 33 vs the Packers in only 24 min (11 points higher than their average). Jordan Love played half the game and they still averaged 7 yds/play.

Most of the offenses they've faced are bottom 10ish in points per play. Including #32, 28, 27 x2, 26, 25 and 24. And of course they drew a 4th string QB last week, and Cooper Rush.

Reminds me a little of the "#1" Buffalo D last year. I also don't think their coverage schemes match up well w/ KC. That's not to say they can't cause problems for the Chiefs' offense, but I'm betting that Reid and Mahomes can have plenty of success if the offense is semi-healthy.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:20 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Not sure that the Eagles' defense is as great as it's made out to be.

They've faced two offenses that were in the same ballpark as KC's this year. Detroit dropped 35, despite losing the TO battle. And Dallas (w/Dak) scored 40.

They also allowed 32 vs a weak Washington offense, and 33 vs the Packers in only 24 min (11 points higher than their average). Jordan Love played half the game and they still averaged 7 yds/play.

Most of the offenses they've faced are bottom 10ish in points per play. Including #32, 28, 27 x2, 26, 25 and 24. And of course they drew a 4th string QB last week, and Cooper Rush.

Reminds me a little of the "#1" Buffalo D last year. I also don't think their coverage schemes match up well w/ KC. That's not to say they can't cause problems for the Chiefs' offense, but I'm betting that Reid and Mahomes can have plenty of success if the offense is semi-healthy.
Valid points. It seems the Eagles have a stronger pass rush than Buffalo, so I would at least expect better performance from them in that regard. A lot depends on the health of the KC receiving group. Need those guys to have a really good couple of weeks in treatment & healing. Hopefully the next couple weeks are very good for Mahomes & Kelce to get their bodies in better shape too.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:24 PM 01-30-2023
Thank God Joe Buck left Fox. That guy seriously sucks ass and shows no emotion at all. I’ll never forget Damien Williams running down the sideline and Joe barely saying a word.

I’m more than fine with Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:27 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thank God Joe Buck left Fox. That guy seriously sucks ass and shows no emotion at all. I’ll never forget Damien Williams running down the sideline and Joe barely saying a word.

And. He. Will roll. Into. The end zone. No flags.

Have that shit memorized to heart.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:30 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They feasted on scrubs...

They're 9-1 against winning teams and then you realize those winning teams are asshole...

They are literally the product of being in the NFC, cupcake coaster all year long. If they had to deal with what the Chiefs did they'd have been a team struggling to make the wildcard.
Interesting stat: three teams have finished their season 9-1 against winning teams (69 Vikings, 07 Patriots, 22 Eagles)

The 69 Vikings and 07 Patriots’ seasons ended in a Super Bowl loss.. the Vikes to the Chiefs no less.

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Andy: 21-3 after a bye

Altho you could add a 1-2 record in Supes to that tally so may not mean much
Tom Brady ain’t walking through the door to suit up for Philly.

I’ll be interested in seeing how we defend their offense. They have the tools to absolutely run all over us.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:31 PM 01-30-2023

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
And. He. Will roll. Into. The end zone. No flags.

Have that shit memorized to heart.
I didn’t even give a shit about the call. I was incredulous.

His call during the Minneapolis Miracle is one of my faves, though. “DIGGS! SIDELINE! TOUCHDOWN! UNBELIEVABLE!”
[Reply]
seamonster 01-30-2023, 06:35 PM
This message has been deleted by seamonster.
DRM08 06:44 PM 01-30-2023

KC had one of the crazier comebacks in Super Bowl history. It felt like they were dead in that Niners game. And the comeback was pretty nuts. Yet Joe Buck & Aikman seemed way too laid back about it. They should have been yelling their heads off about it, lol
[Reply]
Page 21 of 146
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up