« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
BossChief 09:58 PM 10-23-2022
Yeah, early returns clearly show Pickens is a far more productive player at this point. It’s not even close.

I think most of us that liked Skyy as a prospect knew it would take time to get on the field with this group of WRs. I think I specifically cited the bye as a pivot point for him. I compared his upside to Welker and still think that’s accurate, but the guys comparing Pickens to AJ Green look to be right, already. He looks great.

But would he be a problem if he didn’t get the play time he’s currently getting? He’s a bit of a hothead.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:09 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
He's 4th on the depth chart at WR. I dont expect him to do shit this year besides learn and be ready to take over for JuJu next year.
That's going to be a fucking nightmare.

This isn't college, you don't get a redshirt year. The expectation this year should have still been 4-500 yards and maybe 3-4 TD and that would have been fine. Instead we're probably looking at maybe 300 yards and 1-2 TD at most from a 2nd round pick with nothing but hope that he can take a huge jump in year 2. Easier to have that hope when said player shows anything at all as a rookie. All we have is what he supposedly did in training camp. Didn't do shit in the preseason and hasn't done shit since the season started. We keep hearing from talking heads "This is the week he finally takes a bigger role". Now we're going to hear how he's primed to get more reps after the bye, which I'm calling bullshit to.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:11 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Yeah, early returns clearly show Pickens is a far more productive player at this point. It’s not even close.

I think most of us that liked Skyy as a prospect knew it would take time to get on the field with this group of WRs. I think I specifically cited the bye as a pivot point for him. I compared his upside to Welker and still think that’s accurate, but the guys comparing Pickens to AJ Green look to be right, already. He looks great.

But would he be a problem if he didn’t get the play time he’s currently getting? He’s a bit of a hothead.
Taking Wes Welker over AJ Green was a stupid fucking thing to do no matter how you spin it, locker room issues be damned. And let's be real, it's not just Pickens. Alec Pierce is running laps around Moore as well.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:12 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If he gets separation, then he's a good WR (or at least not a bad one). The stats don't necessarily prove he always gets separation due to the small sample size, but they at least show he's on the right track.

That's why I'm still optimistic for him. Stop dashing his confidence on these dumbass punt returns, get him some designed plays (maybe average one per game?) and start turning him into something other than the player people bitch and whine about because he's not Pickens.
That's a good point and one I've been curious about. Why not give him a play designed for him like they did with the Bills. Even if it's one a game. Get him and Mahomes to build a little connection somehow.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:18 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That's going to be a ****ing nightmare.

This isn't college, you don't get a redshirt year. The expectation this year should have still been 4-500 yards and maybe 3-4 TD and that would have been fine. Instead we're probably looking at maybe 300 yards and 1-2 TD at most from a 2nd round pick with nothing but hope that he can take a huge jump in year 2. Easier to have that hope when said player shows anything at all as a rookie. All we have is what he supposedly did in training camp. Didn't do shit in the preseason and hasn't done shit since the season started. We keep hearing from talking heads "This is the week he finally takes a bigger role". Now we're going to hear how he's primed to get more reps after the bye, which I'm calling bullshit to.
I mean, JJSS, MVS, Hardmann, and Kelce are all ahead of him in the pecking order. I thought that seemed fairly clear.

About all he can do is get open when he has the chance, and we know he does that. You going to complain to Pat that he's not getting the ball enough for you?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:22 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, JJSS, MVS, Hardmann, and Kelce are all ahead of him in the pecking order. I thought that seemed fairly clear.
Hardman is still just a gadget guy, he got his yards today on runs and other non-standard receiving routes. If Moore wasn't too busy pissing down his leg there would likely be opportunity at the #3 spot on the offense. There are plenty of yards to be had by everyone in an offense that will likely come close to 5,000 passing yards, but most of those are going to go elsewhere than Moore because he makes boneheaded mistakes.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:23 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

About all he can do is get open when he has the chance, and we know he does that. You going to complain to Pat that he's not getting the ball enough for you?
Pat's looked his way but he's making errors leading to turnovers (both turnovers today can be directly attributed to Moore). If I were Pat I would stop looking his way, the payoff just isn't worth the risk.

I'd also absolutely bring in OBJ and keep Moore on the bench other for 2-3 snaps of spot duty at the end of games.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:29 PM 10-23-2022
That's going to be a ****ing nightmare.

He's not going to get many snaps, so he's not gonna get a huge opportunity to produce.

Also let me get this straight...

You consider 400 yards and 3 TDs a win, but 300 TDs and 2 TDs is failure? That's a difference of 6 yards a game lol. He's not gonna get his shot this season, unless an injury happens.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:34 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

It's 7 games and people like you were saying he would go for 1k. Perhaps the reasonable take here is that it usually takes time for young WRs in Reids system.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:34 PM 10-23-2022
Hardman is still just a gadget guy, he got his yards today on runs and other non-standard receiving routes. If Moore wasn't too busy pissing down his leg there would likely be opportunity at the #3 spot on the offense. There are plenty of yards to be had by everyone in an offense that will likely come close to 5,000 passing yards, but most of those are going to go elsewhere than Moore because he makes boneheaded mistakes.
Hard to get yards when you arent on the field because you are a depth rookie getting 22% of the offensive snaps.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:35 PM 10-23-2022
No matter how much you say it, he is not going to get anywhere close to being the #3 option on this offense. He's a rookie and it's been said time and time again that it's hard for rookie WRs to learn this playbook. He's not going to get more targets than Kelce, JJSS, Hardman, MVS, whatever RB they're going to put out there. Andy doesn't put rookies above vets.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:41 PM 10-23-2022
For fucks sake, Pickens has played 77% of snaps for the Steelers.

That's higher than every single one of the Chiefs WRs and Kelce has played in 79% of the Chiefs offensive snaps.

Hmm I wonder why George has more yards than Moore?!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:42 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He's not going to get many snaps, so he's not gonna get a huge opportunity to produce.

Also let me get this straight...

You consider 400 yards and 3 TDs a win, but 300 TDs and 2 TDs is failure? That's a difference of 6 yards a game lol. He's not gonna get his shot this season, unless an injury happens.
Then it was a stupid draft pick to make, either that or it was dumb to spend FA money on both MVS and Juju and ensure our 2nd round pick sits the bench most of the year.
[Reply]
Bump 10:42 PM 10-23-2022
I think he'll be alright he's basically the 4th WR right now, has caught some good balls. Watson is taking some snaps from him too. He's just not on the field, we're deep and he's a rook
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:44 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
For ****s sake, Pickens has played 77% of snaps for the Steelers.

That's higher than every single one of the Chiefs WRs and Kelce has played in 79% of the Chiefs offensive snaps.

Hmm I wonder why George has more yards than Moore?!
That’s incredibly simplistic. Receivers don’t just get yards and TDs entirely because they get snaps. By that logic if Kemp got 75% of the snaps at WR would he be putting up the stats that MVS and Juju are getting with similar snaps?
[Reply]
Page 101 of 280
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up