ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 54
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:23 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Holden89:
Colts fan here, but I come in peace lol

Just interested in talking about this game with the other sides perspective. I think we can all agree the past means nothing at this point, and the whole "curse" of the Chiefs losing to the Colts in the playoffs shouldn't hold any weight.

You guys have a phenomenal offense, but reading through this thread I was just a little surprised at the extreme confidence. Though, I guess it's to be expected when you have such an outstanding player at the QB position. I've been there, trust me lol.

Realistically, I expect the Colts to lose this game, but I do believe it will be a competitive game, and if it comes down to the end, I like our chances with Luck in the clutch.

I'm hoping we'll be able to control the ball a bit with our run game, and keep Mahomes and co. off the field as much as possible. I'm also hoping that our Cover-2 shell can force him into a potential mistake if he gets impatient. I think that's really the Colts' only shot here.

Thoughts?
I haven't watched the Colts this year until the Titans & Texans games. Can you explain how your team lost 6-0 against the Jags? How did they hold Luck to 0 points? You shut out the Cowboys a few weeks later..?

Chiefs have scored 26+ points in every game this year...which is an NFL record. They played the Rams, Seattle, Patriots, Chargers x2, Ravens, Steelers, all on the road except Baltimore...so not a cupcake situation. Two losses essentially came on the last play of the game.

I was looking at your scoreboards and, obviously, you played a 4th place schedule. It's hard for me to gauge your team based on who you've played..I know KC beat the snot out of the Bengals, Raiders and Jags...and put up 40 on NE in their stadium. Those are our common opponents this year...

If Watkins plays...this offense opens up. Teams started to cheat coverage to Hill when he went down. They were almost unstoppable before that...40+ points against your defense isn't unrealistic hyperbole.

It appears the Colts dont have a strong pass rush...which isn't a good thing against the way Mahomes plays. He scrambles around for 4-5 seconds then finds Hills or Kelce when the coverage breaks down. He has the strongest arm I've ever seen on a QB...
[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 PM 01-06-2019
I hope the media asks our players about the Chiefs playoff history against the Colts over and over and over and over again the entire week. You can already tell Mitchell Schwartz is sick of it on Twitter.

I want these guys to be so sick of hearing about the Colts and their voodoo over us that that they get pissed off and take it out on them.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:34 PM 01-06-2019
lol the fixation on one ****ing result, their only blemish in 11 games. I guess when a team goes 10-1 over a stretch of eleven games, the one outlier attracts eyeballs.

The Jags only had the best D in the league last year
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:34 PM 01-06-2019
Something that really hasn’t been mentioned at all is the Chiefs having the physical advantage that comes with a bye. They’re rested and ready to roll probably right now. Indy is not.

Not saying it’s make or break but it’s just one more advantage for KC.
[Reply]
notorious 08:36 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Coach:
I expect them to do that.
Reich is smart. I hope our big guys on the dline go to work.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:38 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Reich is smart. I hope our big guys on the dline go to work.
We have some DL that are tough to move. It’s on the ILBs to attack like they last week.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:42 PM 01-06-2019
I have respect for the Colts. I think they have a good team. But look at who they played on this 9 out of 10 run. An impressive victory against Dallas followed by a terrible loss against the Giants. Everything else is just blah or division opponents. Not that Tennessee or Houston are bad teams but I don't see those victories and think "oh boy".

That's not even talking about who they lost to at the beginning of the year. I know this team is playing different but still. If I wasn't a Chiefs fan so close to the situation I'd be pretty sure KC was gonna win this game.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:43 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Something that really hasn’t been mentioned at all is the Chiefs having the physical advantage that comes with a bye. They’re rested and ready to roll probably right now. Indy is not.

Not saying it’s make or break but it’s just one more advantage for KC.
Indy potentially lost a key player to injury in the Houston game... their veteran safety Mike Mitchell.

Meanwhile we should fully be expecting the return of the cavalry this week in terms of the injured players the Chiefs have been “saving” for the playoffs.

Sammy Watkins, Eric Berry, Spencer Ware, Cam Erving back at starting LG full time and maybe even the return of LDT.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:45 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
All my Colts family members are just loving this match up....

Texting me started yesterday. Chiefs have everything to lose, they are playing with house money...

No pressure on the Colts...

I hate family during Chiefs Colts game...
At last we have something in common! Wife's family from Lafayette and pretty fucking cocky for a 6 seed. Normally I'd engage but I just want us to take care of business and move on.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:45 PM 01-06-2019
they didn't lose to NY, they almost did. And TY said it after their win yesterday, that they are playing well at the right time of the season

records schmecords.. who they played etc... doesnt mean much
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:47 PM 01-06-2019
shutout the Cowboys who had won like 4 str8... they then had a letdown the next week vrs NY that almost cost 'em dearly
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:50 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
lol the fixation on one ****ing result, their only blemish in 11 games. I guess when a team goes 10-1 over a stretch of eleven games, the one outlier attracts eyeballs.

The Jags only had the best D in the league last year
Being blanked is a pretty big question mark...especially against a 5-11 team.

Also 10 wins is 10 wins...but the only quality teams they beat were the Texans, Cowboys and Titans. Two being division foes that know each other...

71-89...or around a .450 opponents winning percentage during that stretch. Essentially, they beat a lot of below average teams..

What was their trademark win? Cowboys, I guess...
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:55 PM 01-06-2019
I'm rootin' for KC, but the Colts come out and behind that deluxe O-line advance right down the field and score in 3 minutes, all this theorizing about 'question marks' goes right out the ****in window.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:02 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
I'm rootin' for KC, but the Colts come out and behind that deluxe O-line advance right down the field and score in 3 minutes, all this theorizing about 'question marks' goes right out the ****in window.
They beat the the Jags, Dolphins, Texans by 3 and the Giants by 1...3 of those at home in a dome.

There is not one top 10 offense in that entire 11 game stretch...
[Reply]
Rivaldo 09:11 PM 01-06-2019
ok. look at it another way. Of the so-called 'quality' teams in the league by your measure, who would you most closely compare them to?
[Reply]
Page 25 of 54
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up