ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Which team had the best draft?
Couch-Potato 01:41 PM 04-28-2024
Which team do you think had the best draft?

...Hate to say it but I like what MIA did this draft.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:43 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Man there's actually a lot of teams who seemed to draft well.
Just realize that more than 2/3rds will be jags at best for various reasons. Hitting on even 40% of your draft picks (either starter, spot starter, or backup) is considered otherworldy and hitting on you a third is a great draft.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:55 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
People say a lot of bad about Buffalo trading out and handing us Worthy but they had a really good draft in my opinion.

I thought Tampa had a nice draft.

Steelers had a solid one.

I liked what Cleveland did with limited picks.

Overall though, I have to say I can't put one above ours. Veach was masterful.
You must like Coleman better than I do. I'm a know nothing toolbox, but I think he's got slow feet. I think he's going to struggle to get open.

Honestly, if I were them, I'd probably have picked the kicker I wanted in the 7th. It's a bad play, but precisely nobody will blame them.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:29 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Just realize that more than 2/3rds will be jags at best for various reasons. Hitting on even 40% of your draft picks (either starter, spot starter, or backup) is considered otherworldy and hitting on you a third is a great draft.
Lol this is the funniest part of being a draft-head... most of these guys don't make it and we hype them up before they ever play a down of NFL practice, but it's fun.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:01 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You must like Coleman better than I do. I'm a know nothing toolbox, but I think he's got slow feet. I think he's going to struggle to get open.

Honestly, if I were them, I'd probably have picked the kicker I wanted in the 7th. It's a bad play, but precisely nobody will blame them.
Coleman is the type of player who looks lost in our system but probably works for the Bills or a team like the Bengals. They'll take those 50-50 shots. I think both teams got what they wanted.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:26 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Lol this is the funniest part of being a draft-head... most of these guys don't make it and we hype them up before they ever play a down of NFL practice, but it's fun.
Yeah, and so much depends on where they go.

I said earlier this year that every opinion I give about a player's possible success is based on if they were drafted by the Chiefs and coached by this staff.

A lot of times we are probably right about players, but they go somewhere with a scheme that doesn't match, or coaches that don't use their strengths, or they end up somewhere that has really talented players above them on the depth chart.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, and so much depends on where they go.

I said earlier this year that every opinion I give about a player's possible success is based on if they were drafted by the Chiefs and coached by this staff.

A lot of times we are probably right about players, but they go somewhere with a scheme that doesn't match, or coaches that don't use their strengths, or they end up somewhere that has really talented players above them on the depth chart.
It's a little like the 'star' system for recruits.

A recruit may not look any better in October than he did in September but in the interim he's gotten offers from Alabama and Georgia. So ratings services will look at his offer sheet and bump him from a 3-star guy to a 4-star guy (or 4 to 5) based on his offer sheet.

At this point if the Chiefs pick someone, you largely assume they have something figured out there and that maybe this guy who you had as the 45th best prospect really should've been a top 30 guy afterall.

It's good to have smart leadership, fellas.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:46 AM 05-01-2024
Bears, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs, Cardinals, all had nice drafts.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:13 AM 05-01-2024
I hated the Bengals draft.

I don't love Mims (and what Belichick said about his drive and how he had always dominated physically but never had much adversity sticks with me), but I absolutely hate them getting Burton in the 3rd. If they can keep him happy/on the up, he could be a really dynamic #3 option this year and excellent complement to Chase moving forward.

Originally Posted by kccrow:
People say a lot of bad about Buffalo trading out and handing us Worthy but they had a really good draft in my opinion.

I thought Tampa had a nice draft.

Steelers had a solid one.

I liked what Cleveland did with limited picks.

Overall though, I have to say I can't put one above ours. Veach was masterful.
Buffalo's draft will come down to how successful Coleman is.

I think he has some useful traits, for sure. But man, his inability to separate just sticks with me.

And he wasn't even THAT amazing at 50-50 balls in college. That's not going to improve in the pros.

I agree that nobody's draft beats the Chiefs. I think the Chargers had a good day, unfortunately. Though I think McConkey's injury issues could torpedo some of that.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 09:35 AM 05-09-2024
Definitely agree the Chiefs had a great draft and got good people at positions of need in rounds one and two and hopefully a replacement for Kelce in round three.

I think Philadelphia had as good a draft and maybe even better. they too filled their positions of need (DB) in rounds one and two and did so with players that are going to be more plug-in and play then what we got.

It’s hard to understand how Philadelphia completely fell apart last year and I expect there are some fundamental internal problems in the organization. fortunately We definitely don’t have that as an issue in KC. so maybe /hopefully their problems will continue despite WHAT was A great draft and great free agent moves (Barkley at RB and the return of Gardner-Johnson at safety.]

They did have some significant losses (Kelce retirement and Reddick to Jets), but I think their depth and planning ahead approach will successfully address those losses.

MAYBE WE WILL EVEN SEE THEM AGAIN IN THE SUPER BOWL NEXT YEAR INSTEAD OF SAN FRANCISCO
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up