ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen
Fat Elvis 09:08 PM 12-12-2023

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
[Reply]
BWillie 09:34 AM 02-27-2024
Aquaman is not in the previews. Why? He is really dead? Too good of a character.

No I haven't read the books.
No I haven't seen the original Dune.

Even if he died, get him back into the movie. Flashbacks or something. Figure it out.
[Reply]
woynpoint 11:33 AM 02-27-2024
Waiting for more details:-)
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:22 PM 02-27-2024
The wife and I are going for free on Thursday night as part of 810’s customer appreciation night or whatever. That part is cool, but it won’t be in IMAX or even a particularly big screen or great audio, which is less cool. I’ll probably have to go see it a second time at one of the better screens.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:26 AM 02-28-2024
Thank god Hans Zimmer is still doing the score. Nolans movies just haven't been as good without Zimmer. I don't know how Zimmer gets his people to do it and how he picks and narrows down the music but it always does a perfect job of capturing that moment in the film.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:39 PM 02-28-2024
I've been rereading the second half of the novel over the past couple of days, as well as steeling myself not be too annoyed with changes they'll make. The most glaring one seems to be

Spoiler!

I know I'm not representative of the target audience, and have enough faith in Villeneuve to believe that he won't go full Abrams here. But still...... :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 05:12 PM 02-28-2024
And almost immediately, I feel better. Critical Drinker loved it! :-)

[Reply]
kcpasco 04:02 AM 03-01-2024
Gonna see it on Saturday but always wondered how Denis would handle Alia. I’m hearing it’s a good adaptation because that is an almost impossible task for a movie.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:07 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Aquaman is not in the previews. Why? He is really dead? Too good of a character.

No I haven't read the books.
No I haven't seen the original Dune.

Even if he died, get him back into the movie. Flashbacks or something. Figure it out.
Yes he is really dead. Also, no he's not.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:17 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Gonna see it on Saturday but always wondered how Denis would handle Alia. I’m hearing it’s a good adaptation because that is an almost impossible task for a movie.
I'm curious about that as well. Of course, now we have all the CGI/deepfake technology that could easily be used to give her all the nuances that no extremely young child actor could. And Villeneuve has the chops to pull it off seamlessly.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:43 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's definitely a critical darling. One of them called it the "Lawrence of Arabia of Science Fiction." Almost makes me nervous.

It opens Thursday. I plan to see a midday matinee the following week. No rush, I guess. I've known how it ends for over 40 years. :-)
Only a bit over 30 years for me.

Not sure when I'll make time to go and see it. I very, very rarely go to the theater these days.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:58 PM 03-01-2024
I'm curious about that as well. Of course, now we have all the CGI/deepfake technology that could easily be used to give her all the nuances that no extremely young child actor could. And Villeneuve has the chops to pull it off seamlessly.
Or they could handle it in another way...

I'll just say they veered from the book here, but it worked for me.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:01 PM 03-01-2024
It was amazing :-)
[Reply]
O.city 06:49 PM 03-01-2024
Man

It’s good
[Reply]
BWillie 02:27 AM 03-02-2024
I liked the first one better but it was a great movie. Since I don't know what happens, maybe that sets up Dune Part 3 to be quite epic.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:16 AM 03-02-2024
I've been rereading the second half of the novel over the past couple of days, as well as steeling myself not be too annoyed with changes they'll make. The most glaring one seems to be

Spoiler!

I know I'm not representative of the target audience, and have enough faith in Villeneuve to believe that he won't go full Abrams here. But still...... :-)

Spoiler!
Without spoiling anything I agree with your assessment. There are changes I don’t understand why DV did the way he did. I really enjoyed the movie but the ending was not satisfying or accurate to the book.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up