ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brooke Pryor at it again...
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 07-08-2019
Well she couldn't get anything to stick to Hill so now it's the Tomahawk Chop...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...232394437.html

Originally Posted by :
That’s an interesting point. I think the franchise will still be named the Chiefs, but I do think that a lot of the racially insensitive things around the franchise’s fandom will be phased out — like wearing headdresses at games and the tomahawk chop etc. The franchise’s name isn’t as problematic as the Redskins’, which has been labeled in Dictionary.com as “slang: disparaging and offensive,” but the chop and the cultural appropriation involved in other fan traditions do veer into racial insensitivity. I think if those traditions are minimized, the team name could still remain in 20 years.
Yeah Brooke - they're getting rid of seats and building a drum platform so they can phase out the Chop. Seems legit.

So who's family gave her the 'intel' on this gem?
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:50 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
How does a sports writer for a Kansas City based news company public ally and vocally hate the largest sports team in Kansas City. That makes zero sense lmao.
Because they arent local...they are a media conglomerate.

If the major players were...lets say...friends/business partners/backdoor dealings with a NFL owner. They could direct one of their papers to to drum up problems for a competitor.

The Beaufort Gazette (Beaufort, South Carolina)
Belleville News-Democrat (Belleville, Illinois)*
The Bellingham Herald (Bellingham, Washington)*
The Bradenton Herald (Bradenton, Florida)*
Centre Daily Times (State College, Pennsylvania)*
The Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, North Carolina)*
Ledger-Enquirer (Columbus, Georgia)*
The Fresno Bee (Fresno, California)
The Herald (Rock Hill) (Rock Hill, South Carolina)
The Herald-Sun (Durham, North Carolina)
The Idaho Statesman (Boise, Idaho)*
The Island Packet (Hilton Head, South Carolina)
The Kansas City Star (Kansas City, Missouri)*
Lexington Herald-Leader (Lexington, Kentucky)*
Merced Sun-Star (Merced, California)
The Miami Herald (Miami, Florida)*
El Nuevo Herald (Miami, Florida)*
The Modesto Bee (Modesto, California)
The News & Observer (Raleigh, North Carolina)
The Olathe News (Olathe, Kansas)*
The Olympian (Olympia, Washington)*
The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, California)
Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, Texas)*
The State (Columbia, South Carolina)*
Sun Herald (Biloxi, Mississippi)*
Sun News (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)*
The News Tribune (Tacoma, Washington)*
The Telegraph (Macon) (Macon, Georgia)*
The San Luis Obispo Tribune (San Luis Obispo, California)*
Tri-City Herald (Kennewick, Washington)
Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kansas)

[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Depends.

Does he wear a fedora, have patchy facial hair and weigh about a buck twenty five while lamenting the repression of the patriarchy?

Because THAT white mail could get away with it.

O.City is absolutely right - this isn't even about gender or race anymore, it's about simply being on the right team. She could double down on that stance and her media overlords would defend her.
Yeah, everyone has picked their tribe and they aren't defecting.

Meanwhile, i'm just sitting here watching Chiefs highlights on youtube
[Reply]
notorious 10:02 AM 07-09-2019
You guys are playing right into their hands. The more attention they get, good or bad, the happier they are.

She's playing with you like a massively overweight cat with a mouse.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:09 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
FlaChief made the article.....

Gravy is my least favorite food, and gravy on Twinkies sounds disgusting. If I’m trying to maintain my figure, I’m probably going to eat nothing but pizza drenched in ranch dressing. Those calories taste way better.

And that’s the tea.
Yay, I'm internet famous!
[Reply]
Lprechaun 10:10 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
You guys are playing right into their hands. The more attention they get, good or bad, the happier they are.

She's playing with you like a massively overweight cat with a mouse.
Whatever gets her out of town faster. Prop her up, mentions on Twitter getting her a new job or vitriol causing her forced resignation , any number of posters on here who aren't journalists could write what she did AND ride the fence without pissing off the fanbase.
Report what you have been told and then give opposing viewpoints , dont bring in personal opinion as a beat writer.
Surely there is a larger blond from KC wanting to be a journalist who could at least understand the town.
[Reply]
FAX 10:11 AM 07-09-2019
My perspective on this media debacle is known and my disdain for Ms. Pryor's "professionalism" couldn't be much more intense.

And I don't agree that she is immune to professional opprobrium simply because her "media overlords" are likely willing to support her sight unseen. There's a limit to incompetence tolerance, the Peter Principle notwithstanding.

So, I have hope that she will eventually say or do something that is Keitzmanesque because it's in her nature. To me, she seems both unintelligent and socially naive. When you combine those qualities with inexperience, you have the recipe for an unstable explosive device. All that's lacking is a spark to blow her career at the Star to smithereens.

I give her less than 4 months at this point. Eventually, she'll write a tweet check that the bank of common sense will refuse to honor.

FAX
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:15 AM 07-09-2019
Training camp is coming quickly FAX
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:16 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
She doesn't know anything about football. She wants to cover the human interest stories you know like DeMarcus Robinson going up with the Blue Angels or Mahomes doing charity stuff or being on a talk show.

She used Joe Mixon to get out of bumble**** Oklahoma and she tried to use Tyreek to do the same thing. The entire time she is here she is going to push narratives with this team because she already has national perception on her side.

All she needs is one thing to swing her way and she gets a better paying gig in a more liberal city where she'll be looked at as a hard hitting female reporter that breaks stories against horrible football players.
There's a niche for human interest stories. Posnanski was great at it. Elizabeth Merrill was underrated and became great at it. She doesn't seem to have that skill. It's not that it's bad to be controversial but you better be one hell of a journalist. She's not. Her tyreek story alone felt lazy.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:20 AM 07-09-2019
This thread is great, but I can't believe no one has commented on the fact that BlackOp basically insinuated that the NFL had something to do with Mahomes' step father's death...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I give her less than 4 months at this point. Eventually, she'll write a tweet check that the bank of common sense will refuse to honor.
FAX
She said that a young black man doesn't use commas.

{crickets}

She's teflon. She's on the right side of the ideological spectrum so she can get away with any bit of idiocy she damn well chooses.

There haven't even been rumors of her being forced off the beat despite the fact that she ran point on a baseless smear campaign against one of the most famous and popular athletes in the city.

I mean shit, what exactly would she have to say or do at this point? She could call Mahomes and Uncle Tom but if she said he needs to do more to support Colin Kaepernick in the same thread she'd be fine.

I really don't know how much worse we can realistically expect her to get.
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
She said that a young black man doesn't use commas.

{crickets}

She's teflon. She's on the right side of the ideological spectrum so she can get away with any bit of idiocy she damn well chooses.

There haven't even been rumors of her being forced off the beat despite the fact that she ran point on a baseless smear campaign against one of the most famous and popular athletes in the city.

I mean shit, what exactly would she have to say or do at this point? She could call Mahomes and Uncle Tom but if she said he needs to do more to support Colin Kaepernick in the same thread she'd be fine.

I really don't know how much worse we can realistically expect her to get.
If it does come out that this was all this was, that she was being fed shit from the Espinal family and that it's all a hit job, someone's head has to roll right?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
There's a niche for human interest stories. Posnanski was great at it. Elizabeth Merrill was underrated and became great at it. She doesn't seem to have that skill. It's not that it's bad to be controversial but you better be one hell of a journalist. She's not. Her tyreek story alone felt lazy.
Originally Posted by :
"Which has been labeled in Dictionary.com as “slang: disparaging and offensive...”
Somehow that line was the most galling to me. I know it shouldn't be, but that was her hard-hitting analysis - that the google machines say it's disparaging and offensive slang so it must be true.

Don't bother getting a quote from an activist or something - they're not hard to find. Don't go get historical context for the word when you're disparaging a team name. Nah - !@#$ing type it into the web browser and vomit up the results.

If she can't do it from her fucking couch, she's just not gonna do it.

Lazy, thy name is Brooke Pryor. She's god-awful.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If it does come out that this was all this was, that she was being fed shit from the Espinal family and that it's all a hit job, someone's head has to roll right?
I dunno how many times we have to repeat 'right tribe' here, but if a head rolls it won't be hers.

She's here until she leaves of her own volition. Like I said, if we want to be rid of her, we need some inconsequential Chiefs to ACTUALLY make national headlines for doing something awful.

Like turning the air conditioner up too high around a woman or something. Yes, this is actually a thing now.
[Reply]
FAX 10:47 AM 07-09-2019
If I'm recalling events in their proper order, her comma-hawk chop statement was made when the Tyreek story was in its infancy and public sentiment was very anti-Hill. Most people had already bought into the insinuations propagated by the Star and Ch5 and actually believed Tyreek had broken his son's arm. To my mind, that explains the crickets, Mr. DJ's left nut.

You can't fix stupid and stupid always finds a way. I have faith in the natural order of things.

FAX
[Reply]
jettio 11:02 AM 07-09-2019
Would it be cultural appropriation to say that Brooke speaks with forked tongue?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up