ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 188
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What strains of weed are you currently smoking?
Coochie liquor 06:14 PM 11-07-2014
Since we have a what are you drinking thread, I think we need a what strain are you smoking thread. Hope it's not a Q.

I'll start. I've got 2 kinds currently 1) Cherry Berry, which is a cross between Berry White and Cherry Kush 2) some fire ass Blue Dream. Hard to pick which I like better but leaning towards Cherry Berry. All the Berry White strains I've had are funk!!
[Reply]
rtmike 02:32 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
wow ... sounds like the plants die pretty easily.

I could never grow them then.

My experience has been it's the strain. Some of them have been super resilient.

I'm throwing everything I have knowledge wise at the Chemdawg cause I don't want to screw this one up. And as you know, I've had several hiccups along the way.

$20 for 3 seeds & this was the only successful germination. I even had issues with it initially. The stalk was super flimsy at the hyrdroton level. The top dozen or so leaf canopy actually fell over. I didn't mess with it & branches started popping up on the horizontal area. Now that she's straightened herself out those branches are shooting upside down almost.
It doesn't have a very nice shape so it can be a pain getting it completely under the light. My light's best area is 4' x 4'.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:35 PM 08-27-2015
Smoking Dr Funk.

BlueberryxBubba Kush

Got some killer edible sugar mix.

It's amazing.
[Reply]
aturnis 02:42 PM 08-27-2015
wow ... sounds like the plants die pretty easily.

I could never grow them then.
Nah. A lot easier indoors though.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:31 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by rtmike:

I'm throwing everything I have knowledge wise at the Chemdawg cause I don't want to screw this one up. And as you know, I've had several hiccups along the way.

$20 for 3 seeds & this was the only successful germination. I even had issues with it initially. The stalk was super flimsy at the hyrdroton level. The top dozen or so leaf canopy actually fell over. I didn't mess with it & branches started popping up on the horizontal area. Now that she's straightened herself out those branches are shooting upside down almost.
It doesn't have a very nice shape so it can be a pain getting it completely under the light. My light's best area is 4' x 4'.
Well, if you need money for more seeds, just holler, i will paypal you some.

I want you to get a crop going and find some relief.
[Reply]
rtmike 04:05 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Nah. A lot easier indoors though.

Now I would say the opposite. :-) As far as dirt goes.

Most people don't try hydroponics outdoors so I knew there might be issues.

I was really liking the less maintenance of the dirt plants. Just find the right amount of water & hit 'em everyday vs. checking PH & H20 quality every time you add water for a deep water set up as far as hydroponics.

I know it's easy to grow outside in western Kansas. The stuff was growing in every ditch.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:08 PM 08-27-2015
Now I would say the opposite. :-) As far as dirt goes.

Most people don't try hydroponics outdoors so I knew there might be issues.

I was really liking the less maintenance of the dirt plants. Just find the right amount of water & hit 'em everyday vs. checking PH & H20 quality every time you add water for a deep water set up as far as hydroponics.

I know it's easy to grow outside in western Kansas. The stuff was growing in every ditch.
I wonder how one of those small greenhouses would work.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:10 PM 08-27-2015
Did some hydro with roommates in my early 20's. Set it up well, and it seems the only thing you have to do is check up on the plants. Which you do everyday out if excitement anyway.

Change the water out a couple of times, add nute's and you're good. Flush and harvest.
[Reply]
rtmike 06:19 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Did some hydro with roommates in my early 20's. Set it up well, and it seems the only thing you have to do is check up on the plants. Which you do everyday out if excitement anyway.

Change the water out a couple of times, add nute's and you're good. Flush and harvest.

You must have been in an area with good water. Here it comes out of the tap @ 6.8-7.3. & needs to be high 5's.

Also since I'm growing in a smaller tent I need to keep the humidity levels down while flowering or the buds get mold.

As long as the dehumidifier is continuously kicking on I've found that means the plant is photosynthesizing properly. That's how I can tell if one of them is sick. Low H20 intake & humidity.

The sweet spot is around 75-78 degrees for my Chemdawg. When it is that temp consistently, the dehumidifier seems like it runs constantly & H20 uptake is higher.

I've been spraying them on occasion with Dutch Masters Liquid Light/Satuator. I read where DM has a school where they develop & test everything they make so I try to stay with their products.

I wonder how one of those small greenhouses would work.
I'm working my wife. The only hydroponic plant that lived throughout the summer was my wife's tomato plant. The 1st tomato that came off she said was one of the best she's had. Way better than her Dad's. I accused her of being full of shit but she's stood by her word.

But she agreed that a greenhouse would be so much better for me. I have a buddy who grows only in the dirt & every year whatever he plants in the greenhouse always gets a lot bigger than what he has outside.

I don't know a lot about them but my only concern would be how hot it gets back there? Is there such a thing as too hot?

Anyhoots, Harbor Freight has like a 6' x 8' for $300, 1st of the year on sale for $199. It hasn't been that cheap since. They also have a bigger one, I think 10' x 12' but they want like $5-600. They don't have any dimensions on the smaller one's door so we've held off for now.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 07:05 PM 08-27-2015
You must have been in an area with good water. Here it comes out of the tap @ 6.8-7.3. & needs to be high 5's.

Also since I'm growing in a smaller tent I need to keep the humidity levels down while flowering or the buds get mold.

As long as the dehumidifier is continuously kicking on I've found that means the plant is photosynthesizing properly. That's how I can tell if one of them is sick. Low H20 intake & humidity.

The sweet spot is around 75-78 degrees for my Chemdawg. When it is that temp consistently, the dehumidifier seems like it runs constantly & H20 uptake is higher.

I've been spraying them on occasion with Dutch Masters Liquid Light/Satuator. I read where DM has a school where they develop & test everything they make so I try to stay with their products.

I'm working my wife. The only hydroponic plant that lived throughout the summer was my wife's tomato plant. The 1st tomato that came off she said was one of the best she's had. Way better than her Dad's. I accused her of being full of shit but she's stood by her word.

But she agreed that a greenhouse would be so much better for me. I have a buddy who grows only in the dirt & every year whatever he plants in the greenhouse always gets a lot bigger than what he has outside.

I don't know a lot about them but my only concern would be how hot it gets back there? Is there such a thing as too hot?

Anyhoots, Harbor Freight has like a 6' x 8' for $300, 1st of the year on sale for $199. It hasn't been that cheap since. They also have a bigger one, I think 10' x 12' but they want like $5-600. They don't have any dimensions on the smaller one's door so we've held off for now.
I think they have little AC unit to keep the temps below a certain range. Since you aren't trying to grow a large number of plants it might be financially viable.

Although hail etc might be a problem, i dunno.
[Reply]
KC native 07:53 PM 08-27-2015

You're making rookie mistakes. It happens.

Best advice I can give is don't start a grow until you have it planned from start to finish (and all the equipment and supplies). The only on-the-fly decisions you should have to make are ones that involve pests.
[Reply]
rtmike 08:27 PM 08-27-2015
Laz, your inbox is full.

Hail isn't something we get. We don't get the swing in temperatures like back home either.
I bought a little AC unit last summer for the other tent. The little portable ones don't seem to work as well when they're recycling tent air.

Native, that's most likely one of my issues. I pretty much wing it and when/if issues arise I'll research.
The cannabis forum I frequent won't be one I plan to stay at. For as big as it is, it sure is clicky. Unless you're an established grower, you better hope you never have problems with your grow cause you're lucky to get help when even asking. I guess I should have came here, lol.

Like you said, I'm learning & will still be 10 years from now. :-)
[Reply]
Smed1065 12:48 AM 08-28-2015
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
I enjoy retail but I want to learn more! Gonna start looking for positions either in the kitchen or the grow.

Need to find a nice grow tent as well to begin my own garden.
Starting to be a lot of college courses in all fields.

Right now certificates seem to be the way but couple reputable hands on courses in Colo. Saw one offer (creditable) 12 weeks around job schedule and was accredited.

Wish I lived in a legal state!
[Reply]
Smed1065 12:50 AM 08-28-2015
yep, war on drugs my ass.

War to protect all the profits for Big Pharm selling pain pills.
:-)
[Reply]
Smed1065 12:54 AM 08-28-2015
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Stop buying indicas :-)

You want something like Durban Poison. Euphoric energy.

Oh!!

You want Golden Goat.
I was impressed with the GG4 I had for awake and creativity. Really impressed so I got some more and it was just GG. Guess the name does matter depending on growing farm! I am far from artistic or using weed for work but there are some Sativa that rock ass!

I use to think no difference in weed, just smoke some until I had to use it for my epilepsy-Many different effects/results from same strains even.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:55 AM 08-28-2015
Is the 'smoking' or 'growing' thread??
[Reply]
Page 59 of 188
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up