ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2556 of 2693
« First < 1556205624562506254625522553255425552556 2557255825592560256626062656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
tredadda 05:14 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I can't accept that a one-legged JJSS made all the difference between last year's offense and this one. He was decent, but he wasn't any better than Rice is right now, and Rice is obviously improving rapidly.
But Nagy has been here before and the offense was fine. I doubt he forgot how to offense. Outside of Hill when was the last time KC had an elite WR? This team has made due with JAG WRs for quite a while now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:16 PM 11-07-2023
Kelce is also a step slow compared to last season.

Four things got slightly worse and that has all snowballed.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:18 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Kelce is also a step slow compared to last season.

Four things got slightly worse and that has all snowballed.
Teams have figured out if you take away Kelce with double or triple teams the other guys can’t beat you.. Hopefully that changes before the playoffs..
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:22 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Teams have figured out if you take away Kelce with double or triple teams the other guys can’t beat you.. Hopefully that changes before the playoffs..
Teams have been trying to take Kelce out of the gameplan by doubling him for years. They have just been slightly more successful at it this year. He's still going to rack up 1k yards and 10 TD's even after missing a game.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:26 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's on pace for about 65/700. And trending in a positive direction.

But lets say he settles in at that figure. He just stays as roughly this same level of player.

Over the course of an entire season that's roughly 1 catch for 15 yards/gm vs. what JJSS did last season.

You think THAT'S the difference between last season and this season? Especially in light of the MASSIVE disparity in raw snaps?

C'mon - you know that's not the case.

The 'downgrade' from Smith-Schuster to Rice is not going to approach causing these kind of flameouts.
The difference is how they play.

Right now, Rice is making the most of his opportunities, but they're largely schemed. He's not blasting people with elite route running.

JuJu could run very good routes, and was larger. That allowed him to reel in five catches in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl to help us win it all.

Rice doesn't have that gear. The gears he does have right now are very promising, but that's not who he is -- yet.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:10 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Best22:
He was a great pocket QB last year. The offense was rolling, he took hits in the pocket and threw dimes regardless

He’s simply not playing as sharply as he was in 2022
I don't think he trusts the tackles, regardless of what PFF says about them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The biggest change from last season is the addition of Nagy as OC. Is there a chance he isn't good enough to squeeze adequate production from a bunch of mostly JAG receivers?
Andy is calling the plays. We have a video of the 3rd and 1 call with his easily readable lips that he’s calling for a pass. Thinks about it a little, says pass again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:15 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
he hangs out in the pocket all day dude
[Reply]
Best22 01:02 AM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
If so, that’s a Mahomes problem. His pass protection is good

I feel he waits in the pocket a long time though, for better or worse.

I think the issue is he doesn’t trust his receivers, and that needs to change quick. It’s delaying the offense and keeping us from getting into rhythm. Ball needs to be out quick, but it’s important to remember his receivers will on occasion get open deep, and he needs to hit those shots
[Reply]
Dante84 01:26 AM 11-08-2023
Are defenses playing us differently this year?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:22 AM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
He doesn't have to "step up". Staying where he was, or backtracking a bit he can get it out to Rice.

He's left some clean pockets this year.
Idk. I’m not going to blame Pat there. Taylor completely fucks this pocket by letting the end cross his face and take out Trey Smith in the process, creating a completely free rush for the stunting pass rusher. That all breaks down in 2 seconds.

It’s going to be hard to keep your eyes up and hit your second, third read with defenders flashing in front of you like that.

EDIT: I suppose I don’t know what the protection call looked like so maybe Trey Smith shares some blame there as well. There’s a good chance of that by the look of it.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:32 AM 11-08-2023
He needs to start throwing deep shot even if they are incomplete on purpose just as a threat they have to be worry about to open up the very thing else .
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:36 AM 11-08-2023
Perhaps some of it is another year of coaches studying the tendencies of the Chiefs; other people are paid to stop teams and this year, there are some really good defenses in the league. It also appears that the league is letting them 'play'; looks like DBs are not getting as many illegal contact and holding penalties.

Something does look off; I will say from experience that recovery from a high ankle sprain takes time. It hasn't even been a year for him. Injury and pain are something humans tend to avoid. I'm sorry to soil the thread with a CEH reference however he has not been the same since the Saints game where he was injured.

Kelce is banged up, there's a new OL, a new OC and a WR corps that he doesn't trust.
[Reply]
-King- 06:37 AM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Andy is calling the plays. We have a video of the 3rd and 1 call with his easily readable lips that he’s calling for a pass. Thinks about it a little, says pass again.
Maybe it's not a strict play calling issue as it is getting the offense ready during the week and game planning which is what the OCs job is on the team.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:41 AM 11-08-2023
Regardless, Mahomes is a leader and is not happy about the offensive production, is aware of the problems and is working like hell to fix it. This is a worthwhile watch: Peter King's on field interview with Mahomes and the events surrounding it.

That's. My. Quarterback...

[Reply]
Page 2556 of 2693
« First < 1556205624562506254625522553255425552556 2557255825592560256626062656 > Last »
Up