ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 37
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:17 PM 01-26-2021
Officiating was AWFUL in this game. Both sides suffered from it, but Auburn shot 44 free throws. THAT is fucking ridiculous. How do you even play defense when they’re blowing whistles like that? Mizzou prides itself on being a tough gritty defensive team, but can’t do that when officials have an agenda. Which apparently was to call as many fouls as possible. Awful. Officials completely ruined this game. Embarrassing for the SEC.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:23 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Officiating was AWFUL in this game. Both sides suffered from it, but Auburn shot 44 free throws. THAT is ****ing ridiculous. How do you even play defense when they’re blowing whistles like that? Mizzou prides itself on being a tough gritty defensive team, but can’t do that when officials have an agenda. Which apparently was to call as many fouls as possible. Awful. Officials completely ruined this game. Embarrassing for the SEC.
Yeah, the officiating was brutal. But, so was Tilmon, especially at the FT line. Our outside shooting was also mostly garbage. Such is college basketball.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:25 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Officiating was AWFUL in this game. Both sides suffered from it, but Auburn shot 44 free throws. THAT is ****ing ridiculous. How do you even play defense when they’re blowing whistles like that? Mizzou prides itself on being a tough gritty defensive team, but can’t do that when officials have an agenda. Which apparently was to call as many fouls as possible. Awful. Officials completely ruined this game. Embarrassing for the SEC.
I was at work tonight and wasn’t able to watch the game but that is certainly disappointing to hear. Officiating can make college basketball such a tough product to watch. We’ve had several games this year where the refs have swallowed their whistles and as a result it makes for a MUCH better viewing experience.

If College Basketball wants to survive much longer then they have to tell their refs to stop calling so many damn fouls.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:27 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I was at work tonight and wasn’t able to watch the game but that is certainly disappointing to hear. Officiating can make college basketball such a tough product to watch. We’ve had several games this year where the refs have swallowed their whistles and as a result it makes for a MUCH better viewing experience.

If College Basketball wants to survive much longer then they have to tell their refs to stop calling so many damn fouls.
Mizzou was called for 31 fouls. They had three starters (all guards) foul out.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 11:33 PM 01-26-2021
Cooper got the LeBron treatment, it was a joke.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:51 AM 01-27-2021
To make the officiating thing worse, it wasn’t just that Auburn drove it at the rim and they called a lot of contact on shots there.

No. They called a BUNCH of ticky tack contact on the perimeter. It’s why the Auburn PG shot 19 free throws.

Also we’re several egregious calls, all centered around Mark Smith. He got hammered driving the ball a bunch (no whistle) and also got called for some awful blocks when he was set/stationary.

It’s a tough one. Cooper is phenomenal.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:03 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
To make the officiating thing worse, it wasn’t just that Auburn drove it at the rim and they called a lot of contact on shots there.

No. They called a BUNCH of ticky tack contact on the perimeter. It’s why the Auburn PG shot 19 free throws.

Also we’re several egregious calls, all centered around Mark Smith. He got hammered driving the ball a bunch (no whistle) and also got called for some awful blocks when he was set/stationary.

It’s a tough one. Cooper is phenomenal.
Oh yeah. Lot's of you might have breathed on him so it's a foul, type of calls.

And I saw MU get mugged plenty with no whistle.

That being said 14 blocked shots is not good. I think MU has been on the road since they left for the Ten game. They never came back home so probably a bit of fatigue.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Oh yeah. Lot's of you might have breathed on him so it's a foul, type of calls.

And I saw MU get mugged plenty with no whistle.

That being said 14 blocked shots is not good. I think MU has been on the road since they left for the Ten game. They never came back home so probably a bit of fatigue.

This is also a roster full of TOUGH players who aren’t all that athletic. Mark and Dru Smith’s lack of athleticism gets exposed a lot against power 5 competition.

Auburn is crazy athletic and it showed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:54 AM 01-27-2021
This is also a roster full of TOUGH players who aren’t all that athletic. Mark and Dru Smith’s lack of athleticism gets exposed a lot against power 5 competition.

Auburn is crazy athletic and it showed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The question going forward then is, can Martin get to where he can actually recruit athletic enough players to break through the current glass ceiling this team has? Can they ever hope to recruit someone like Cooper who won't take 2, 3, or even 4 years to finally develop? Obviously this season the team has finally broken through to a degree, and should make the tournament, but we all know that a sizable regression is likely coming for the next season or two. The most recent recruiting class appears to have promise, but none appear to be instant stars. Obviously you need some nice 3-4 year players at Missouri to build a consistent team, but eventually they are going to need to get that elite talent here or there to reach the next level.
[Reply]
kepp 11:01 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Mizzou was called for 31 fouls. They had three starters (all guards) foul out.
I didn't get to watch the game but looked at the stat line this morning and that pretty much told the story. Hard to watch a game like that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:53 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The question going forward then is, can Martin get to where he can actually recruit athletic enough players to break through the current glass ceiling this team has? Can they ever hope to recruit someone like Cooper who won't take 2, 3, or even 4 years to finally develop? Obviously this season the team has finally broken through to a degree, and should make the tournament, but we all know that a sizable regression is likely coming for the next season or two. The most recent recruiting class appears to have promise, but none appear to be instant stars. Obviously you need some nice 3-4 year players at Missouri to build a consistent team, but eventually they are going to need to get that elite talent here or there to reach the next level.
I'm not optimistic about that.

He has recruited like dogshit the past 2 years. This class is better, but I dont trust the evaluation of a staff that watched Jordan Wilmore in person and somehow thought "Hey, this guy can play in the SEC!"

They have a lot of misses like that. Axel Okongo. Christian Guess. etc.

They have some big names in the 2022 class that supposedly really like them, but will those guys stay interested and sign on when Martin wins 13 games next year?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:01 AM 02-06-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:36 AM 02-06-2021

He has recruited like dogshit the past 2 years. This class is better, but I dont trust the evaluation of a staff that watched Jordan Wilmore in person and somehow thought "Hey, this guy can play in the SEC!"

They have some big names in the 2022 class that supposedly really like them, but will those guys stay interested and sign on when Martin wins 13 games next year?
Yeah, I'm not sold on Cuonzo either. I just thought he'd be a helluva recruiter in the St Louis area.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:19 AM 02-06-2021

I cant remember what year it was, but that class that had 2 people was absolute dog shit. That's a God damn embarrassment.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:52 AM 02-06-2021
So um up 16 on Bama at the half
[Reply]
Page 8 of 37
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up