ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 37
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:21 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Right?!

Mizzou is a lot better at losing than KU.
Just like Kansas will always be little brother to Kentucky.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:31 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I’ll put you in your place then and say look at Rupp Arena’s rafters filled with banners as well along with being better than almost any program by any metric across the board aside from maybe UNC and UCLA historically.

I think for a “blue blood” it’s astonishing KU only has 3 titles. UK should have more as well, but that’s second most all time. UCONN has more titles than KU. Villanova had the same number.

And Indiana isn’t even a blue blood anymore.

I’d rather a program compete consistently every 3-4 years to win it all vs make the tournament and do nothing. I’d take what Jay Wright has done at Villanova over Calipari at Kentucky.
Eh, I don't care about titles won before I was watching any particular sport or even born for that matter.

I like the fact that KU makes the tourney every year and the Elite Eight or better literally every two years for the past 14 seasons... I went to the Final Four when they got blown out by Villanova (I had tickets without thinking/assuming KU was going to make it), so would I trade a NC that year for NIT the following year? Yeah, sure.

But, I also enjoy the regular season, so trading multiple NCs and that additional few wins for entire wasted seasons is a bit much for me. For some fans, it's understandably all about March Madness though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:31 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Oh suck shit Bearcat. Youre not even a real fucking animal.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:36 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Eh, I don't care about titles won before I was watching any particular sport or even born for that matter.

I like the fact that KU makes the tourney every year and the Elite Eight or better literally every two years for the past 14 seasons... I went to the Final Four when they got blown out by Villanova (I had tickets without thinking/assuming KU was going to make it), so would I trade a NC that year for NIT the following year? Yeah, sure.

But, I also enjoy the regular season, so trading multiple NCs and that additional few wins for entire wasted seasons is a bit much for me. For some fans, it's understandably all about March Madness though.
Titles are the only thing that should matter.

Anything less than a title is failure. I am disappointed that Calipari has not been to the title since 2014 or a F4 since 2015. Elite 8s are nice(they made it to the Elite 8 or better in 8 of the 11 seasons a tournament was held under him), but that’s not a title.

I’d rather trade a shit season like UK had for a title next year.

College regular season is too long because of cupcake non-conference schedule. Season needs to be shortened or extend conference play.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:53 AM 03-23-2021

Anything less than a title is failure. I am disappointed that Calipari has not been to the title since 2014 or a F4 since 2015. Elite 8s are nice(they made it to the Elite 8 or better in 8 of the 11 seasons a tournament was held under him), but that’s not a title.

College regular season is too long because of cupcake non-conference schedule. Season needs to be shortened or extend conference play.
If I was a player or coach, I'd probably see it that way. And I'm closer to that mindset with professional athletes and, say the NFL, where you can win a SB with 3 postseason wins and there's a decent gap between true contenders and everyone else.

As a fan of college sports and dumb kids and a tournament where teams that aren't even on the radar routinely make it to the Sweet Sixteen.... :-) I'd rather enjoy the ride, because far more often that not, the ending is going to suck.
[Reply]
Matrix 05:03 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That's kinda like the St Louis Cardinals claiming championships in MLB during the racist era of baseball.

I believe the only championships that should count are the ones that included everyone not just white people.
That's not how it works and you know it.

Besides, the Cards would still be ahead of the Royals.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:40 PM 03-23-2021
Pinson transferring. Not a huge surprise/loss, but interesting nonetheless.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:44 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Not a huge loss?

He’s an incredibly talented player. He’ll transfer somewhere to a coach that supports him and doesn’t yank him randomly to play garbage players like Drew Buggs, and he’ll shine.

And I’ll root like hell for him to succeed. My early random guess is he lands at Texas Tech.

It isn’t his fault Martin is a shitty coach who thinks it is 1997.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:38 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What in the hell are you talking about? Pinson is literally the best player on the team. Fuck Clownzo. Probably beat OK if that idiot doesn't put Buggs worthless ass in. He just keeps running guys off because he just can't help but play shittier players that suck his dick better. Would be nice to have him next year because we will be complete and utter trash without him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:43 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What in the hell are you talking about? Pinson is literally the best player on the team. **** Clownzo. Probably beat OK if that idiot doesn't put Buggs worthless ass in. He just keeps running guys off because he just can't help but play shittier players that suck his dick better. Would be nice to have him next year because we will be complete and utter trash without him.
I prefer CuonzNO as a play on his name, personally.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 07:38 PM 03-23-2021
All season if Pinson made one mistake he was yanked. I’m sure it wore on his psyche. He’s an extremely talented player who can occasionally make bad decisions but you live with it because he’s the only one on the team who can create. But Cuonzo made sure to teach him a lesson for some reason and role with Buggs who would be at best a good player at Northwest Missouri. Inexcusable how he was handled all year.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:45 PM 03-23-2021
He was a good player, although he seemed somewhat inconsistent the last month or so. I assumed he was gone either way, as he's been flirting with the NBA etc. for a while.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:55 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I prefer CuonzNO as a play on his name, personally.
Oh I like it too! CuonzNO it is.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:29 AM 03-24-2021

When you pay players like ku and UK, titles should be expected.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:39 PM 03-26-2021
Hoiberg just landed a 4* guard from Xavier and has also offered Pinson. Pinson sounds kinda like a pain in the ass though.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 37
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up