ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 37
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:13 PM 03-14-2021
Tigers and Sooners in the Big Dance
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:31 PM 03-14-2021
One & done.

Cuonzo needs to be gonzo’d.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:27 PM 03-14-2021
Norfolk State makes its 2nd ever appearance
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:43 PM 03-14-2021
I haven't lived and died with Mizzou basketball since they left for the SEC. Their last year in the Big 12, they won the tournament, went to the NCAA's as a #2 seed (I believe) then lost in the first frickin round to Norfolk State (who I see is back in the dance this year). We've been knocked out of tournaments by OU before -especially the Big 12 Tourney- and they'll most likely lose. And even if they manage to win, they get rewarded by playing Gonzaga??? Great. Whee!!
[Reply]
Pablo 05:47 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I haven't lived and died with Mizzou basketball since they left for the SEC. Their last year in the Big 12, they won the tournament, went to the NCAA's as a #2 seed (I believe) then lost in the first frickin round to Norfolk State (who I see is back in the dance this year). We've been knocked out of tournaments by OU before -especially the Big 12 Tourney- and they'll most likely lose. And even if they manage to win, they get rewarded by playing Gonzaga??? Great. Whee!!
Duke got embarrassed by a 15 seed that year as well and stole your thunder IIRC.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:28 PM 03-14-2021
I used to love MU basketball. Back when I was in college in 90-91 they were ranked #1 in the country for several weeks. I miss those days. Now days, MU basketball is barely even on my mind. I had high hopes for Martin, but it looks like another fail.
[Reply]
kepp 08:27 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Duke got embarrassed by a 15 seed that year as well and stole your thunder IIRC.
Yep, I remember that. I was thankful for the media distraction.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:37 AM 03-15-2021
Mizzou hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game in 11 years. That's not acceptable.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:06 PM 03-15-2021
I think they had early success because they were such a veteran-laden team in the COVID year. Because of that, they had more chemistry early on than teams that largely missed summer practices. As the year wore on, those teams gelled and Martin's inability to adjust in-game and his recruiting failures became more and more apparent.

I really like him as a person, but he's a mid-major coach.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:32 PM 03-17-2021
9. Missouri Tigers

First-round opponent: No. 8 seed Oklahoma (Big 12 at-large)
When: 7:25 p.m. ET Saturday, Lucas Oil Stadium (TNT)
Record: 16-8 (8-8 SEC)

How they got here:
Well, if Selection Sunday had been on Feb. 7, Mizzou would’ve been a top-four seed and a popular pick to make a deep run. At that point, the Tigers were 13-3 with four wins over teams currently in the top 15 of the NET: Illinois and Alabama at home, Arkansas and Tennessee on the road. And then … womp, womp. Cuonzo Martin’s team lost four of the next five and has dropped six of nine entering the dance.

What you need to know:
The Tigers aren’t great at really anything. They were not top-five in the SEC in scoring offense or defense, field-goal percentage offense or defense, rebounds, blocks or steals. They’re just a solid all-around squad, hovering around the top 50 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, that gets to the line a lot with the highest free-throw rate in the league. Two All-SEC players — guard Dru Smith (first team), who also shines defensively, and center Jeremiah Tilmon (second team) — pretty well dictate their success.

Spotlight on:
Tilmon missed two games, an OT loss to Arkansas and resume-dinging defeat at Georgia, after the death of a family member in mid-February. He and the Tigers have not seemed the same since. The guy who had 25 and 11 in a win over Arkansas in early January fouled out with nine points and no rebounds in an SEC quarterfinal loss to Arkansas. He’s averaged 10.7 points and 4.8 rebounds in six games since taking leave. He averaged 12.8 points and 7.8 boards in his first 17 games. The Tigers need that guy back.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:49 PM 03-17-2021

Whoa, Lon Kruger just announced that De'Vion Harmon, Oklahoma's second-leading scorer won't play in the first two rounds after testing positive for COVID.

— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) March 17, 2021

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:20 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Lawrence is still as disease infested as usual.

Oklahoma's De'Vion Harmon has tested positive for COVID and won't play Saturday vs. Missouri. OU's previous game was against Kansas, and Jalen Wilson tested positive after that Big 12 tourney game

— Blair Kerkhoff (@BlairKerkhoff) March 17, 2021

[Reply]
jettio 03:38 PM 03-17-2021
According to this ESPN site, looks like a decent recruiting class to me. 3 of top 6 in state for class of 2021. Variety of positions and replacing players that are leaving.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b.../school?id=142

I think Martin is doing a decent job, it would be dumb to not give it a chance with a guy who is a good person and can get solid players and is not looking for his next landing spot.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:17 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
You are welcome. KU guys probably gave Covid to the OU guy. Kansas gifted you a free easy victory so you can lose by 50 to the Zags.

M-E-T-H.

Z-O-U.

Never forget

[Reply]
ChiTown 05:50 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are welcome. KU guys probably gave Covid to the OU guy. Kansas gifted you a free easy victory so you can lose by 50 to the Zags.

M-E-T-H.

Z-O-U.

Never forget
I’m a K-State guy so I have nothing to root for except everyone else’s failure :-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 37
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up