ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Doctor Strange: The Multiverse of Madness
Tribal Warfare 02:24 PM 04-14-2020

BREAKING: #SpiderMan filmmaker Sam Raimi has officially confirmed that he is the new director of #DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness! https://t.co/YnJ49pkOZu

— MCU Direct (@MCU_Direct) April 14, 2020

[Reply]
Rasputin 12:39 PM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:54 PM 05-08-2022
Watched a 2nd time since I fell asleep the first time.

Movie was ok. I though it could've been better.

Seemed like they just threw a bunch of shit together because wtf not it's multiverse shenanigans. Makes it hard to follow....maybe its just me.

Liked the first movie much better IMO.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:28 PM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I thought Strange 1 was a very C+ plot. Vanilla, on the nose, but didn't screw it up.

Better or worse than 1? Does it go in a different direction than the other marvel trilogies or tread the same path?
I think 1 was better, I can't really list the parts that fell flat for me without spoiling it for you.. doesn't quite feel like its treading the same path as the other trilogies but pretty close
[Reply]
Valiant 08:02 AM 05-09-2022
It was good. Not great. Fun summer marvel movie.

Dark for a marvel movie also. I wasn't expecting that.

Spoilers.
So Wanda bad. Then good. Then crazy. Then Insanely bad?

I rolled my eyes that Richards and bolt who are more powerful than marvel and cap get wasted in seconds. But cap and the marvel last a whole lot longer.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:23 AM 05-09-2022
Was that Reed Richards or just Jim Halpert in a Fantastic 4 costume?

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:59 AM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I rolled my eyes that Richards and bolt who are more powerful than marvel and cap get wasted in seconds. But cap and the marvel last a whole lot longer.
I'm not sure Black Bolt is more powerful than Captain Marvel in the MCU. Reed definitely isn't if he's based even loosely on the comic book version.

Those two getting wasted first made sense given the circumstances, though. Black Bolt was making a move to speak so she put a stop to that, then Reed immediately attacked her so she did the same.

Peggy Carter should have been a complete non-factor, for sure.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:07 AM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I liked it, but I was expecting to like it more. There is a metric shit ton of shit going on in this movie, and it really is a lot to unpack. Put me in the group that is going to need to see it again to catch all the quick hints and nuances I missed the first time.

Spoiler!
That's where I'm at. I didn't DISLIKE it, but they crammed an enormous amount into it, often kind of glossing over things that felt like they needed more time. Maybe it'll grow on me over time, but it it felt a bit weak to me.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:14 AM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
It was good. Not great. Fun summer marvel movie.

Dark for a marvel movie also. I wasn't expecting that.

Spoilers.
So Wanda bad. Then good. Then crazy. Then Insanely bad?

Yeah, I think that's the part that I had the most trouble with:

Spoiler!

I was also a bit disappointed with how it (didn't) tie in more closely with No Way Home:

Spoiler!

I guess in summary, I thought the plot of this one on its own was reasonably good, but the connections to the other films were much weaker than we've come to expect. It worries me a bit in terms of signs for the future, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:04 PM 05-09-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 02:39 PM 05-09-2022
I found a good reply on reddit that perfectly captures my feelings about Wanda:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:11 AM 05-10-2022
Thought it was great. Way better than the Batman which really pisses me off that DC can't put out movies as good as Dr Strange outside of Nolans Batman trilogy.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:27 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Originally Posted by :
[spoiler]I was also a bit disappointed with how it (didn't) tie in more closely with No Way Home:

Spoiler!

I guess in summary, I thought the plot of this one on its own was reasonably good, but the connections to the other films were much weaker than we've come to expect. It worries me a bit in terms of signs for the future, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 04:12 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Marvel is going to use Wanda as their Gene Grey Phoenix saga. They'll play this out until a generation has gone by before they, inevitably, remake the Phoenix saga...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:57 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Welp. Went to see it and halfway through get a text that my dad's truck was stolen, so that's neat...
Little update. Found in Gladstone. Had been used apparently to steal other catalytic converters before taking his off last and dumping it in Hobby Hill.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:04 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Little update. Found in Gladstone. Had been used apparently to steal other catalytic converters before taking his off last and dumping it in Hobby Hill.
Glad they found the truck. People can be twats.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up