ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Media Center>Doctor Strange: The Multiverse of Madness
Tribal Warfare 02:24 PM 04-14-2020

BREAKING: #SpiderMan filmmaker Sam Raimi has officially confirmed that he is the new director of #DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness! https://t.co/YnJ49pkOZu

— MCU Direct (@MCU_Direct) April 14, 2020

[Reply]
BigRichard 02:41 PM 05-07-2022
Anyone catch the cameo from Ash? And Sam Raimi had to get him in the face again with goo... lol. I will give this movie a Meh rating. Very forgettable but not the worst MCU movie. I may have to go finish Wanda Vision. I think I watched the first two episodes and just couldn't finish it.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:59 PM 05-07-2022
Yeah I liked it alot more than I thought I would, was very fun how crazy they went with it, and Sam Raimi's influence is very much apart of it throughout but I feel with the content they went with, it was very well complimented to the movie and script.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:49 PM 05-07-2022
I'm going have to hate anyone who didn't like this movie or gave it a "meh" rating and maybe even put them on ignore just can't be friends anymore.

Yes the ASH cameo was cool as fuck also

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Spott 06:25 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Also, speaking as someone that didn't see Wandavision, it's not necessarily mandatory per se but it's going to be incredibly jarring for a bit in the early going
The What If series also played into the movie later on. They definitely brought a lot of things from the streaming series into this movie.
[Reply]
kc rush 06:33 PM 05-07-2022
Disappointed. Had a few good parts and some real Sam Raimi moments, but I was mostly underwhelmed. I wish it was a Dr Strange movie instead of a movie that Dr Strange was in.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:41 PM 05-07-2022
It was weirder, scarier and had a lot more Wanda than I anticipated.

I enjoyed it, though, and have found myself liking Cumberbatch as Strange.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:52 PM 05-07-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:17 PM 05-07-2022
Loved it. If you haven't seen Wandavision, you'll be lost. Even though it's not required, there are a lot of call backs to the animated What if? series. Oh and spoiler below...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chargem 07:08 AM 05-08-2022
Enjoyed it, but would call it pretty average really, 6/10.

Marvel never disappoints on the action and the psychedelic style Dr. Strange action is always a nice, different flavor to the other Marvel varieties.

Where Marvel is very hit and miss for me is the plot, and this one was way more a miss, there are just way too many weak plot points and cliches.

Again, it was a nice mix up to have that horror vibe, just to keep Marvel films a bit fresher, but that doesn't offset the plot downside for me.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:11 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Enjoyed it, but would call it pretty average really, 6/10.

Marvel never disappoints on the action and the psychedelic style Dr. Strange action is always a nice, different flavor to the other Marvel varieties.

Where Marvel is very hit and miss for me is the plot, and this one was way more a miss, there are just way too many weak plot points and cliches.
I thought Strange 1 was a very C+ plot. Vanilla, on the nose, but didn't screw it up.

Better or worse than 1? Does it go in a different direction than the other marvel trilogies or tread the same path?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:56 AM 05-08-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 11:11 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 11:30 AM 05-08-2022
I liked it, but I was expecting to like it more. There is a metric shit ton of shit going on in this movie, and it really is a lot to unpack. Put me in the group that is going to need to see it again to catch all the quick hints and nuances I missed the first time.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 11:33 AM 05-08-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:21 PM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >