ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:44 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You guys are missing a major point of contention in the relationship that happened at the end of S3. Jamie actually LEASED part of the land to the investment firm. He actually did it as a power of attorney for the ranch.

That's why John shut him out, that's why Beth went from to fucking nuclear.

PLUS

Beth thinks Jamie was behind the assassination attempts.

Beth has always treated him badly but she turned that shit to 11 after he leased part of the ranch for the airport.
But didn't she also acknowledge to John early in the season (or maybe it was Kaycee) that the Lease was a 'best of bad options' scenario? I think where she got so upset with Jamie was that he ghosted the family after the hit. And in so doing he seems to have given her the impression that he was more involved in it than he was. I don't think the lease really did much for her. And I think John had already started to box Jamie out even before he leased the property - hence his shock when Jamie pulled the trigger. He thought he'd transferred that POA to Beth but he'd done it in the wrong state, IIRC.

John continued to try to convince Beth that Jamie wasn't responsible for the hit before he just laid it out there. And at that point she kinda pivoted to the prisoner guy...until she found out that he talked to Jamie. Then she was right back to pissed at Jamie because she'd re-convinced herself that he was part of it.

She's just kinda been on the warpath after the attack. And since she got blown up a bit, that seems understandable. Boy the working for market equities side-trip sure was wasted energy, though. That felt, just as much of the season did, like filler. Was it all just to show the depth of her temper? She'd go through all of that just to fire Bob after he wasn't really even directly responsible for her fall in Season 3?
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:48 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bwana:
To each their own, but put me in the camp of not being impressed with season 4. Other than the first episode, it was pretty much a waste of time.
S4 was a complete waste of time for me. Bored me to tears. The incessant focus on Jimmy and 4 6's made me want to jam a red hot poker into my eyeballs.

I am digging 1883, so there's that....
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:59 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But didn't she also acknowledge to John early in the season (or maybe it was Kaycee) that the Lease was a 'best of bad options' scenario? I think where she got so upset with Jamie was that he ghosted the family after the hit. And in so doing he seems to have given her the impression that he was more involved in it than he was. I don't think the lease really did much for her. And I think John had already started to box Jamie out even before he leased the property - hence his shock when Jamie pulled the trigger. He thought he'd transferred that POA to Beth but he'd done it in the wrong state, IIRC.

John continued to try to convince Beth that Jamie wasn't responsible for the hit before he just laid it out there. And at that point she kinda pivoted to the prisoner guy...until she found out that he talked to Jamie. Then she was right back to pissed at Jamie because she'd re-convinced herself that he was part of it.

She's just kinda been on the warpath after the attack. And since she got blown up a bit, that seems understandable. Boy the working for market equities side-trip sure was wasted energy, though. That felt, just as much of the season did, like filler. Was it all just to show the depth of her temper? She'd go through all of that just to fire Bob after he wasn't really even directly responsible for her fall in Season 3?
The problem with the lease, and I think they did a shit job of explaining it or at least reinforcing it was property taxes. The lease didn't provide a ton of revenue, some but not material enough to matter after development takes place the property taxes for the Ranch (presuming there is an entity, if not it's just John getting fucked here) after they goddamn explode when development happens. They touched on it early on, but if development moves in, even if it's on neighbors farm that will drive the property tax rates up to an unprofitable level, and they lose the ranch to insolvency.

What Jamie did, alleviated the immediate pressure, but absolutely devastated the ranch by allowing development to move forward.

I'd have to go back and re-watch, but that's the way I understood the economics of the thing on the Ranch's end.

RE: Bob. I don't remember exactly, but he hung her out to dry once market equities overpowered him. I dunno. She was pissed. Whatever.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:33 AM 01-06-2022
Some of my notes:

-Yes, in comparison to other seasons this was boring.
-Huge setup for Season 5 though. All that development shit out of the way, they have an opportunity to bring the show back with a bang.
-Less Beth. She's just an evil cunt running around being an obnoxious bitch... I don't even see why guys are attracted to her. Fuck all that.
-More Kaycee. They have been dicking around with this huge potential of a character for far too long. All of that walkabout shit better be over with, it's time for him to shine.
-Get Jimmy off the show... nobody cares about that storyline. How you are going to do a spinoff show based in 6666 ranch is going to be impressive. But I dunno, I thought the same about "better call saul" which turned out amazing.
-Beth being at exact spot that the body was being dumped at the exact time to take the picture, then just walks off (did anyone see her car parked somewhere?) was fucking stupid lazy directing.

I'll still watch Season 5 because they have wasted a season setting up to it. It better pack a punch or I may be done with the show.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:33 AM 01-06-2022
Finally all caught up. Love the fuck out of this show!

I don't even know how Taylor Sheridan finds time to sleep (between Yellowstone, Yellowstone's prequel show 1883, Mayor of Kingstown and various other film projects in the works) he is a machine at this point.

Originally Posted by :
The “Yellowstone” domination of linear TV stayed consistent from its Season 4 premiere to last Sunday’s finale, wrangling over 10 million total watchers per Nielsen time-adjusted Live+Same Day stats. Viewership was up 81% compared to the previous season’s conclusion, with more than nine million of those (9.3) that tuned in were on Paramount Network alone.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/yel...gs-1235147032/

I gave Hell or High Water a re watch last night on Netflix and can't get enough of that film. Sure bank robbery films have been done to death but there was something so fresh and unique about Hell or High Water. The chemistry between Bridges and his partner was so authentic as well as the chemistry between the two bank robbing brothers (they were quite funny too) Sheridan's Oscar nom for Best Original Screenplay was well deserved (ditto on its Best Picture nom and Jeff Bridges' Oscar nom)

Anyways sorry for getting off topic but I think Taylor Sheridan is one of the most talented artists in Hollywood and we're lucky to have him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The problem with the lease, and I think they did a shit job of explaining it or at least reinforcing it was property taxes. The lease didn't provide a ton of revenue, some but not material enough to matter after development takes place the property taxes for the Ranch (presuming there is an entity, if not it's just John getting fucked here) after they goddamn explode when development happens. They touched on it early on, but if development moves in, even if it's on neighbors farm that will drive the property tax rates up to an unprofitable level, and they lose the ranch to insolvency.

What Jamie did, alleviated the immediate pressure, but absolutely devastated the ranch by allowing development to move forward.

I'd have to go back and re-watch, but that's the way I understood the economics of the thing on the Ranch's end.

RE: Bob. I don't remember exactly, but he hung her out to dry once market equities overpowered him. I dunno. She was pissed. Whatever.
If Jamie REALLY wanted to fuck John, he technically could've just sold the place. And really, he should've.

I saw the lease as a tactical retreat. Had they dug their heels in and attempted to block the development outright, they'd have gotten steamrolled. By leasing it, they don't actually cut off any options to fight later and in the meantime they get a bit of a cash infusion that could bankroll that battle.

It seemed to me that the writing was on the wall w/r/t the near term issues with the lease. And he still maintains ownership of the land, even with a long-term lease on it. Had Jamie refused to lease it, it was likely that the Governor was going to use eminent domain to simply transfer ownership outright and again, cut off some options.

The lease was a way to slow the burn, save some powder and regroup for a fight on firmer ground, IMO.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:46 AM 01-06-2022
Since Beth had an abortion and they scooped out her box when she was 15, would that make her a lousy lay? Or would she make up for it in other ways? At least you could do whatever and not worry about pregnancy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:49 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Some of my notes:

-Yes, in comparison to other seasons this was boring.
-Huge setup for Season 5 though. All that development shit out of the way, they have an opportunity to bring the show back with a bang.
-Less Beth. She's just an evil cunt running around being an obnoxious bitch... I don't even see why guys are attracted to her. Fuck all that.
-More Kaycee. They have been dicking around with this huge potential of a character for far too long. All of that walkabout shit better be over with, it's time for him to shine.
-Get Jimmy off the show... nobody cares about that storyline. How you are going to do a spinoff show based in 6666 ranch is going to be impressive. But I dunno, I thought the same about "better call saul" which turned out amazing.
-Beth being at exact spot that the body was being dumped at the exact time to take the picture, then just walks off (did anyone see her car parked somewhere?) was fucking stupid lazy directing.

I'll still watch Season 5 because they have wasted a season setting up to it. It better pack a punch or I may be done with the show.
To your last point, its not farfetched to think she knows where the "train station" is
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:59 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If Jamie REALLY wanted to fuck John, he technically could've just sold the place. And really, he should've.

I saw the lease as a tactical retreat. Had they dug their heels in and attempted to block the development outright, they'd have gotten steamrolled. By leasing it, they don't actually cut off any options to fight later and in the meantime they get a bit of a cash infusion that could bankroll that battle.

It seemed to me that the writing was on the wall w/r/t the near term issues with the lease. And he still maintains ownership of the land, even with a long-term lease on it. Had Jamie refused to lease it, it was likely that the Governor was going to use eminent domain to simply transfer ownership outright and again, cut off some options.

The lease was a way to slow the burn, save some powder and regroup for a fight on firmer ground, IMO.
I agree. But the fact remains that everybody saw it as a betrayal. And I don't know anything about the law, but there is a pretty good argument that he breached the fiduciary responsibilities of his POA.

I know my Dad would be pissed if I did something similar with his ground and there aren't near the stakes.

Bottom line though, Jamie put them in an unsustainable position.
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:35 AM 01-06-2022
Fuck all the characters except Rip and Carter.
This season was a complete waste.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:48 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Fuck all the characters except Rip and Carter.
This season was a complete waste.
I don't get your hate for John, he's only ruthless when faced with ruthless opposition, and as we've seen this season there are some things he isn't cool with... like not wanting Jaime dead, and being furious with Beth about the envirochick
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:03 PM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I don't get your hate for John, he's only ruthless when faced with ruthless opposition, and as we've seen this season there are some things he isn't cool with... like not wanting Jaime dead, and being furious with Beth about the envirochick
I don't really hate John, but shouldn't this show revolve around his character?
I mean if your ok with nods, sighs and looks of being disgruntled then John Duton has been great. Even his brief romantic interest was uninteresting.
Someone else said this but it rings true.

This feels like a season of Breaking Bad where we mostly watch Walter White just taking naps on the couch.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:07 PM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I don't really hate John, but shouldn't this show revolve around his character?
I mean if your ok with nods, sighs and looks of being disgruntled then John Duton has been great. Even his brief romantic interest was uninteresting.
Someone else said this but it rings true.

This feels like a season of Breaking Bad where we mostly watch Walter White just taking naps on the couch.
Must've missed that quote about John lol, thats funny

Definitely agree we need much more Costner going forward, dude was Action Jackson last season but largely MIA this year
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:31 PM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
To your last point, its not farfetched to think she knows where the "train station" is

I assumed that was the train station spot, but can't recall if that was confirmed... Did they mention anything about train station before that happened?

I didn't know that Jamie knew where the train station was... maybe he made it there during a previous season that I had forgotten about.

One would think that Jamie would NOT be trusted with the burial site of the families victims...
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:51 PM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I assumed that was the train station spot, but can't recall if that was confirmed... Did they mention anything about train station before that happened?

I didn't know that Jamie knew where the train station was... maybe he made it there during a previous season that I had forgotten about.

One would think that Jamie would NOT be trusted with the burial site of the families victims...
Any time they cross the border into Wyoming, thats the train station

It was pretty lazy writing, but it wouldn't surprise me to think they both knew where that spot was, they've alluded to the fact Jaime knows where the bodies are buried and likely made a few deposits of his own there
[Reply]
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up