ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:24 AM 01-04-2022
Worthless season. The show went full on stupid with Beth just walking around being an evil bitch. What company hires the daughter of the land owner they are trying to get land from and on top of that on who speaks to people the way she does? It's idiotic.

Jamie being terrified of everything that comes out of her mouth is fucking stupid. He saved her life years ago and she is hell bent of hurting him all the time even though she made him take her there. Classic woman that won't take responsibility for her actions. 4 seasons of that shit is stupid and he's a lawyer and they hate him so why would he stay there? Just leave and go be a lawyer somewhere else.

The ranch hands are all shit actors. The more try and make them funny and likeable the more it looks like they are trying to make them likeable and funny. Horrible job all the way around.

Kayce going all Dances with Wolves like an Indian is maybe the dumbest shit of all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Season 4 wasn’t on the level of what I was expecting but I still enjoyed it and looking forward to season 5. I hated Rip not being a major character this year, freaking Jimmy had more scenes than him, WTF. Also was very disappointed in how Kayce was portrayed this season, he’s the 2nd best character, only behind Rip, but what a wasted season for him.
Yeah, back-benching Kaycee and Rip all season so you can get a shitload of Jimmy and Lloyd was sure an interesting decision.

Oh well - looks like they've fully embraced Carter as replacement Tate so I'm okay with that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:52 AM 01-04-2022
Yeah S:4 was pretty disappointing comparatively. But let's be real here, I've watched and stuck with less enjoyable shows as they went along. The problem is we're comparing it to S:1-3 which is really REALLY good TV. This isn't that, but to be fair, they set the bar and they're not living up to their own standard. If it was overhyped, that's one thing, but it's a step down from their own show.

I love Rip, moar Rip always and forever. I understand you can't have Rip just being a total testosterone monster all the time, so I understand him taking a different direction for a few episodes.

Same with Costner. My GOD that dude can still throw 100. He can turn it on, throw a little gravel in his voice and read a speeding ticket and make it goddamned compelling. Throw a little emotional crossroads at him and I'm hooked every time.

I could go along with the story line, whatever. It was disjointed sure. But I could get around that just like the math problems on the acres, cows, capital, and number of people to do the work. I'm fine with that.

I didn't hate the Jimmy and Lloyd stuff. Jimmy's arc completion was actually pretty satisfying IMO, even though it was lazy as all fuck. Lloyd/Walker shit gets a pass from me because frankly it's cool as fuck that Ryan Bingham is on my TV. All that is definitely not great but liveable TV.

Beth...woof it's a little harder to swallow. She gets a ton of rope from me because Kelly Reilly is fucking shiny. But everything regarding her employment is absolutely inexplicable. Like this big ass investment firm (my experience is limited here, but everything in that universe has been focused on returns for each manager to a retarded level) hired her with no real responsibilities or job titles, she did no real work - ever, very little interaction with anyone from the company and absolutely no feedback or interaction regarding her job duties. That's dumb. I didn't even hate Beth being a raging cunt the whole time, because let's be real here - I'd be an furious hulking monster in that situation too. But her storyline went off the rails a good bit here.

And that sucks because comparatively they do a good job with Jamie of showing him in an attorney generals office, taking meetings, looking at (presumably) discovery/investigation stuff. He interacts with his staff and boss some. It's fine. He does a good job. There is a lot of hate for Jamie's character, but I'm not really turned off by a ton of it other than the "I'm pulling a gun on you dad -->I LOVE YOU DAD" shit. But whatever. He's coming apart at the seams. I can live with most of that.

Kaycee has always been all over the place. And I won't lie, him hanging out in the hills over the house in a gunny suit was damned enjoyable television. They had an opportunity to allow him to find some focus and carve out his place in the show. Nope. Other way - he goes full walkabout and nary a word from John.

Where it really lost me though, was a SHITLOAD of the charm and hook of the show was simple cowboy one liners that they define as the basis for their decision making. And to this point, they hadn't really fucked them all up...until now.

We branded you - you're Yellowstone for life. NOPE You don't owe me nothing.
Everything is for family. I want my kids here. NOPE You find a new home.
Everything for the ranch. Fuck everybody else. NOPE Morality matters with this chick who hates everything I'm fighting for.
There is no fighting on the ranch. If you want to fight someone fight me. I'll fight you all day long. NOPE chicks - fire away.
I'm leaving to go barrel racing. I'm a barrel racer. NOPE Jimmy is showing back up so...I'm in a scene...I guess?
Kid's got a long way to go. NOPE Let's play poker.

The reality of it is that they made an entire season of small, forgivable mistakes, if each one was by itself in a good season. But they rolled it all up into a bag of shit.

I'm still in. I'll still watch, but this while it was still an enjoyable watch, it was bad. Especially in comparison to what they're capable of. They still do a lot of the ranch/scenery stuff, which is a good piece. That makes up for a lot of fuckery. But damn man, if you need to take a segment of an episode off, write in more of the biker scene less fuckery with this season. I'd rather watch a mailed in biker fight than a mailed in Beth cussout or kid being a douche. More biker fights.

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:17 PM 01-04-2022
Just finished the finale, all in all it wasn't quite as bad as I've been hearing or expected it to be

Just glad they finally got some pointless storylines outta the way, like...

Jimmy is a bona fide cowboy now and went back to Texas, excellent

Kayce met his spirit animal, a super hot native girl disguised as a wolf... we didn't learn a fucking thing from it other than he had an ugly firefight in Afghanistan, but at least we got it outta the way

As for Jaime, wow what a pussy... he'll be dead by Johns hand at some point

The judge caved in for John, the enviro chick gets a slap on the wrist... whatever

My biggest gripe for this episode is when Beth visits the dude in prison, he is serving a life sentence already... so what was keeping him from strangling her ass to death right then and there?

Total bullshit, any real wacko convict already serving life would've tortured her to death in that room

Honestly just glad to get it over with, I'll be going into season 5 with a VERY jaundiced eye, if we even get a season 5 because... just yesterday read a headline on yahoo that went something like "Yellowstone fans might be waiting even longer than expected for season 5"

Yeah, because Sheridan is too busy with 46 other projects to give Yellowstone the time and attention its fans deserve
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:32 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just finished the finale, all in all it wasn't quite as bad as I've been hearing or expected it to be

Just glad they finally got some pointless storylines outta the way, like...

Jimmy is a bona fide cowboy now and went back to Texas, excellent

Kayce met his spirit animal, a super hot native girl disguised as a wolf... we didn't learn a ****ing thing from it other than he had an ugly firefight in Afghanistan, but at least we got it outta the way

As for Jaime, wow what a pussy... he'll be dead by Johns hand at some point

The judge caved in for John, the enviro chick gets a slap on the wrist... whatever

My biggest gripe for this episode is when Beth visits the dude in prison, he is serving a life sentence already... so what was keeping him from strangling her ass to death right then and there?

Total bullshit, any real wacko convict already serving life would've tortured her to death in that room

Honestly just glad to get it over with, I'll be going into season 5 with a VERY jaundiced eye, if we even get a season 5 because... just yesterday read a headline on yahoo that went something like "Yellowstone fans might be waiting even longer than expected for season 5"

Yeah, because Sheridan is too busy with 46 other projects to give Yellowstone the time and attention its fans deserve
It is looking like they used Yellowstone to launch 1983 and Mayor of Kingstown. They keep playing the first couple episodes of those two over and over and I guess you have to buy Paramount Plus to get any further episodes of the new shows. Could be wrong though.
[Reply]
eDave 06:38 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
It is looking like they used Yellowstone to launch 1983 and Mayor of Kingstown. They keep playing the first couple episodes of those two over and over and I guess you have to buy Paramount Plus to get any further episodes of the new shows. Could be wrong though.
You do.
[Reply]
gh4chiefs 06:50 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
And the arc with Jimmy was setting up the spin-off series based on the 6666.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:01 PM 01-04-2022
Well, I guess some are way more forgiving of this shit fest of a season than I am. I honestly can not see how after 3 seasons of awesome that anyone could look at this season as anything other than dull, pointless, and stupid. Needless to say, it takes all kinds. If this season was even considered passable to some of you, then you are definitely the target audience. I ain't...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:21 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Well, I guess some are way more forgiving of this shit fest of a season than I am. I honestly can not see how after 3 seasons of awesome that anyone could look at this season as anything other than dull, pointless, and stupid. Needless to say, it takes all kinds. If this season was even considered passable to some of you, then you are definitely the target audience. I ain't...
The big issue here is John doesn't fear anyone. There hasn't been an adversary where he's out strategized or beaten in the past where there's history between said rival.
[Reply]
lcarus 01-05-2022, 01:41 AM
This message has been deleted by lcarus.
lcarus 01:52 AM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Jamie being terrified of everything that comes out of her mouth is fucking stupid. He saved her life years ago and she is hell bent of hurting him all the time even though she made him take her there. Classic woman that won't take responsibility for her actions. 4 seasons of that shit is stupid and he's a lawyer and they hate him so why would he stay there? Just leave and go be a lawyer somewhere else.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Why does she hate him so much and blame him solely for that? Didn't she want him to take her to the clinic to get that abortion? Didn't she want to hide the fact she was pregnant from Rip and everyone else? I get that she didn't want to be sterilized but she wasn't a baby when they did that and it's safe to assume she wasn't stupid either. She should've known what she was in for at that clinic. To blame it all on him is ridiculous and he should've told her to fuck off a long time ago.

All the times she has attacked him physically or thrown shit at his face. He should've grabbed her and put her ass in timeout until she can behave like a grown up. But he's a pussy apparently. Dude lived his entire life to serve his father and the ranch. Became the attorney general. And in return they've shit on him at every turn. He should've left them in the dust a loooong time ago. Too late now.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:15 AM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I was thinking the same exact thing. Why does she hate him so much and blame him solely for that? Didn't she want him to take her to the clinic to get that abortion? Didn't she want to hide the fact she was pregnant from Rip and everyone else? I get that she didn't want to be sterilized but she wasn't a baby when they did that and it's safe to assume she wasn't stupid either. She should've known what she was in for at that clinic. To blame it all on him is ridiculous and he should've told her to **** off a long time ago.

All the times she has attacked him physically or thrown shit at his face. He should've grabbed her and put her ass in timeout until she can behave like a grown up. But he's a pussy apparently. Dude lived his entire life to serve his father and the ranch. Became the attorney general. And in return they've shit on him at every turn. He should've left them in the dust a loooong time ago. Too late now.
This has bothered me since the time it was revealed. It makes sense that someone like Beth would hold this against him, but after 3 seasons, you would think that at some point this would be resolved the the way you describe. I mean, she was what, 14, 15? Jamie was 18 or 19? It was how long ago? I get Beth, I don't get Jamie. I could see him apologizing and feeling guilty for awhile, but after years and years of her behavior, he should be done with that shit. Yet every scene he becomes more and more like a little boy. It's annoying, and IMO no very realistic.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:53 AM 01-05-2022
To each their own, but put me in the camp of not being impressed with season 4. Other than the first episode, it was pretty much a waste of time.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:59 PM 01-05-2022
I was thinking the same exact thing. Why does she hate him so much and blame him solely for that? Didn't she want him to take her to the clinic to get that abortion? Didn't she want to hide the fact she was pregnant from Rip and everyone else? I get that she didn't want to be sterilized but she wasn't a baby when they did that and it's safe to assume she wasn't stupid either. She should've known what she was in for at that clinic. To blame it all on him is ridiculous and he should've told her to **** off a long time ago.

It's also poor character development. He's killed two people and dumped their bodies. That doesn't make somebody more of a pussy, it makes them less afraid of everyone. The picture thing at the end is also stupid. If she showed the cops years later what is her story going to be on covering up the crime. Jamie could claim he was helping her.

The fear factor of Rip is also tired. He's not super human. A gun will kill him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:22 PM 01-05-2022
I was thinking the same exact thing. Why does she hate him so much and blame him solely for that? Didn't she want him to take her to the clinic to get that abortion? Didn't she want to hide the fact she was pregnant from Rip and everyone else? I get that she didn't want to be sterilized but she wasn't a baby when they did that and it's safe to assume she wasn't stupid either. She should've known what she was in for at that clinic. To blame it all on him is ridiculous and he should've told her to fuck off a long time ago.

This has bothered me since the time it was revealed. It makes sense that someone like Beth would hold this against him, but after 3 seasons, you would think that at some point this would be resolved the the way you describe. I mean, she was what, 14, 15? Jamie was 18 or 19? It was how long ago? I get Beth, I don't get Jamie. I could see him apologizing and feeling guilty for awhile, but after years and years of her behavior, he should be done with that shit. Yet every scene he becomes more and more like a little boy. It's annoying, and IMO no very realistic.
You guys are missing a major point of contention in the relationship that happened at the end of S3. Jamie actually LEASED part of the land to the investment firm. He actually did it as a power of attorney for the ranch.

That's why John shut him out, that's why Beth went from to fucking nuclear.

PLUS

Beth thinks Jamie was behind the assassination attempts.

Beth has always treated him badly but she turned that shit to 11 after he leased part of the ranch for the airport.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 01-05-2022
There's a response to hearsay objections: "Not introduced to prove the truth of the matter asserted..."

In other words, you're saying that the hearsay should be allowed in not for what it is saying, but for its impact on the person that initially heard it.

So what you have here isn't that it's logical or fair for Beth to be as angry at Jamie as she is. Or even that Jamie isn't fed up with her shit (he noted as much in season three during the first 'showdown' with John; she was a part of the abortion as well). But that Jamie knows full well that if Beth brings that information to Rip, Rip will tear his arms off and beat him to death with them. Or if she tells John that Jamie knew his dad organized the hit and then sat on that information while getting even cozier with dear old dad, then Jamie knows John will have him killed for that.

I think Jamie knows, and has even stated aloud, that Beth is being wholly unreasonable. But he also knows that not everyone involved in this discussion is going to be swayed by his attempted logic i.e. Rip and John.

The truth and/or fundamental fairness of Beth's grudge as to Jamie isn't relevant. Because ultimately it will present a very real problem for Jamie if/when 3rd parties find out.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up