ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 38
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
eDave 09:37 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Don't let the big beard fool ya
I saw Castaway.
[Reply]
srvy 09:55 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Don't let the big beard fool ya
I was fooled for sure but this photo confirms it.

He was Playing General George Mead which I was also wrong on as I figured Gen Hooker who was prominent in the fighting around the Dunker Church. Gen Mead was temporary General in charge of the Battlefield.
[Reply]
eDave 09:55 PM 12-27-2021
As it turns out, McGraw is actually old buddies with Hanks.

"You never want to botch a scene when you got Tom Hanks in there with you," McGraw told Cinemablend. "But yeah, he's a great guy. We've been friends for a long time. Rita, his wife, and Faith are best friends, and Tom and I've been friends for 25 years, 24 years. I knew that there was this part in there, and I gave him a call said, 'Hey, would you be interested in showing up doing a cameo in this show that we're doing?' And he goes, 'Tell me when to be there,' and he just showed up.'"
[Reply]
lewdog 07:27 AM 12-28-2021
I'm hoping for massive meteor to end the season, killing everyone.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:32 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Mine was Justified. 6 seasons of awesome, and it ended well, if not a slight bit unsatisfying. Great show that knew when to end.
I thought they pushed Justified a season or two too long. But no where near the point that they came any where near ruining it. They did realize they needed to end it before it got to that point and loved the series enough to do so instead just chasing the money. One of my top 5 all time favorite shows.

Also, a thread request: can we spoiler the 1886 talk? I’m waiting for that and Mayor of Kingstown to complete before I suspend my Hulu account for a month and get P+ to binge them and then resume Hulu.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:08 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
My guess on what happens in next week's "shocking" season ender:

JD kills Jamie's Dad by kidnapping him and taking him to the train station. Jamie's dad's last words: "REMEMBER THE TITANS!"

Rip beats Walker to death with his guitar for serenading Beth. Beth then has dirty animal sex with Lloyd, because, well Beth is like that. Rip goes into town, gets faced, then gets pulled over for a DUI and the Sheriff determines he has no drivers license, and does not exist in any database. He's a non person. He gets deported as an illegal alien.

Kacey gets hooked on Peyote and turns into the January 6th dude in the cow horns. His annoying wife runs off with Mo. His annoying son gets eaten by a wolf.

The stable kid steals JD's truck and goes to Las Vegas, where he becomes a habitual gambler.

Jamie beats his pushy baby mama to death with a rock, then tucks her in a kayak and dumps her in the river. Hey, it worked once. His baby is eaten by a wolf.

Chief Rainwater is burned at the stake by his own tribe, who then sells the reservation to the evil white city builders for 500 million dollars.

The environmental chick gets a suspended sentence then has dirty animal sex with Beth. Then she tells Beth she has ass cancer.

Jimmy quits the ranch; moves to Utah, becomes a mormon and marries both of his girlfriends.

See? Nice tidy season ending!
In GBlowWorld, wolves are the new warlords . . . :-)

via GIFER

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:43 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
On an unrelated note after Yellowstone 1886 restarted so I watched the opening again.
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Also, a thread request: can we spoiler the 1886 talk?
On a related note, the name of the show is 1883.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:46 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
This show has so many unlikeable characters that I wouldn’t be sad to see most of them killed off. I think Walker, Kayce and his family, Rainwater and Mo and the few extras in the bunkhouse are really the only characters that aren’t absolute pieces of shit. I liked Lloyd until his bullshit with Walker.

**** John Dutton the most. I have a few close friends that grew up on a ranch with narcissistic asshole fathers like him. I can see that the show really tries its best to make him one of the good ones by surrounding him with even worse people, but I’m really hoping it ends realistically and he dies alone without anyone to look after his ranch and “legacy”…
Eff John I can understand, eff him the most I think it's fair to ask for additional exposition.

Is it just the personality? His paternal/leadership position?

Are there specific traits or acts that single him out in particular?

From my POV, he's hard and entitled and often dispassionately criminal, but he's rarely irrational or wrong in his assessment of the merits of the situation. There's plenty not to like about him, but don't see where he's the top dog to go get effed.
[Reply]
old_geezer 07:32 AM 12-29-2021
I enjoyed most of the first three seasons but this season has been a total drag with the plot going nowhere. Kaycee (sp?) on his personal walkabout, Jamie being Jamie (why is that piece of s**t still alive?), Rip mostly following Beth around like a moon-eyed lap dog, Beth going from being an absolute bad*** to just plain evil and mean, with a side order of bunkhouse bunnies, horses going in circles and sliding on their butts. I usually fast forward through scenes involving Jimmie or Monica. The last episode might be a barn burner but I don't think it could save this season. :-)
[Reply]
srvy 01:50 PM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
On a related note, the name of the show is 1883.

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:24 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Eff John I can understand, eff him the most I think it's fair to ask for additional exposition.

Is it just the personality? His paternal/leadership position?

Are there specific traits or acts that single him out in particular?

From my POV, he's hard and entitled and often dispassionately criminal, but he's rarely irrational or wrong in his assessment of the merits of the situation. There's plenty not to like about him, but don't see where he's the top dog to go get effed.
It just hits too close to home having friends that grew up in similar situations. What John has done to all of his kids is obviously hardcore child abuse, but it gets a pass in small communities like this, because it’s seen as “toughening you up.” It’s passed down from abusive father to abusive father in ranching communities like this and it’s just too close to a reality that I’ve seen first hand to root for an asshole like him.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:24 PM 12-30-2021
This is completely unrelated [creatively] to Yellowstone, but looks to be, in the words of the immortal Paul Harvey, the rest, . . . of the story, regarding the politics of land and land usage out west.

And I haven't seen anything but the trailer, so it's premature for the 'must see series' thread . . . :-)

And I clicked on it in youtube recommends not expecting much, . . . But then, DAG, Sharon Lawrence, . . . is that MICHAEL DORMAN?!?!

[Reply]
HemiEd 07:09 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
I enjoyed most of the first three seasons but this season has been a total drag with the plot going nowhere. Kaycee (sp?) on his personal walkabout, Jamie being Jamie (why is that piece of s**t still alive?), Rip mostly following Beth around like a moon-eyed lap dog, Beth going from being an absolute bad*** to just plain evil and mean, with a side order of bunkhouse bunnies, horses going in circles and sliding on their butts. I usually fast forward through scenes involving Jimmie or Monica. The last episode might be a barn burner but I don't think it could save this season. :-)
I have actually enjoyed the new character "Carter", the stray boy, played by Finn Little for the most part.
Tough love would be my call so far, but I didn't care for the idea of making him a card shark.
No ****ing way can I fit that into reality.
The protest chick that ****ed John is also a nice twist IMO.
Somehow I would like to see them fade Beth's facial scar out, it's just wrong on such a beautiful woman.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:32 PM 01-02-2022
much better tonight
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:57 PM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
much better tonight
REALLY??

I'm halfway through it, and I'm fucking hating this ridiculous farce. We have gone through a whole season where nothing happened...I have about 30 minutes left. I'm watching the "wedding" scene.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 38
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up