ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>AVATAR 2
sully1983 02:11 PM 09-25-2017
Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:28 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I've been out of the game too long. How do you find a good shroom dealer these days?...
Lol
[Reply]
Valiant 11:16 AM 05-14-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I still wish Chris Pine got the role as the lead in Avatar.

For those that don't know, Pine apparently bombed his audition for Avatar and he joked about it an interview years ago.

https://www.filmink.com.au/close-cas...ine-in-avatar/

Pine is one of my favorite young actors so I would have loved having him in the lead role (way more charismatic , likable and great comedic timing)
Young? He is old now
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:06 PM 05-14-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
^^^
You'll definitely want to see Avatar 2 in IMAX 3D (to get the proper cinematic experience that its intended for. I assure you the 3D is going to be jaw dropping. It was in the 1st one . I'm sure it'll be even more incredible in 2022)

The short teaser definitely got me hyped and I really liked the under water shots. I do wish James Cameron would have just called it Avatar 2 instead of Avatar The Way of Water:-) which sounds so cringe worthy lol.

Also FTR, I can completely understand how some folks wouldn't be into Avatar. Without getting political, James Cameron does hit the audience over the head with some really heavy handed save the environmental messages which I'm sure annoyed quite a few people which is perfectly understandable.

For me though, I just view Avatar as a highly stylized sci fi action/adventure epic and I think the sequel is going to be a blast to see in IMAX 3D.
I agree that the way to see it would be during its opening run at IMAX 3D.

And I could imagine it being a fun time with mind blowing cinematic experience. I enjoyed seeing the first Avatar at IMAX 3D in a non sober state of mind.

And twenty years from now Avater 2 will be just as lame as other previously mind blowing special effect movies like 2001, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, any of the King Kong films from the 1930's on, the original Avatar, 95% of Hollywood action films etc.

Oh actually, Roger Rabbit is actually a pretty good film with or without special effects.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:52 PM 12-13-2022
84% on 88 reviews. Not bad.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:52 PM 12-13-2022
Really looking forward to Avatar 2. Going to see it on Saturday night. Not sure how much I'll like it as what I liked most about the first one was the human to blue alien consciousness transfer element.

Hopefully Giovanni Ribisi's character is still a big role. This was a funny part to me. "What the hell have you people been smoking out there? They are just god damn trees"

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:54 PM 12-13-2022
Will you be paying $20 dollars for a popcorn and soda?
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:41 PM 12-13-2022
I didn't like the first one but the Ferngully script is gone and apparently this is far superior.

It's gonna make a gabillionty dollars
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:26 AM 12-14-2022
It's interesting, over here at B&B Theaters they have a gajillion shows, from 9am onward this weekend so my wife and I were trying to figure out when we wanted to go see it. Tons of times were still wide open though so I'm not sure if this movie will have the desired affect of box office opening weekend they want it to. Looking forward to go seeing it, but didn't James Cameron say this had to be one of the top 5 grossing movies of all time in order to make a profit?
[Reply]
Pants 10:03 PM 12-14-2022
Last time I was this hyped for a movie was Dune.

Can't fucking WAIT to experience this.

Avatar was an incredible ride and this one is exponentially better by all accounts.
[Reply]
Pants 10:04 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
It's interesting, over here at B&B Theaters they have a gajillion shows, from 9am onward this weekend so my wife and I were trying to figure out when we wanted to go see it. Tons of times were still wide open though so I'm not sure if this movie will have the desired affect of box office opening weekend they want it to. Looking forward to go seeing it, but didn't James Cameron say this had to be one of the top 5 grossing movies of all time in order to make a profit?
Don't worry. Word of mouth will do its thing like it did back in 2009. People will watch these 3 hours multiple times too. Again, just like in 2009.
[Reply]
Pants 10:06 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I didn't like the first one but the Ferngully script is gone and apparently this is far superior.

It's gonna make a gabillionty dollars
Your first mistake is going in there expecting a script. Do you expect a script when you strap yourself into a Universal Orlando ride?

Go in there and get sucked into the world and just experience the damn spectacle, man.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:46 AM 12-15-2022
James Cameron seems pretty confident it will be a hit. I'm pretty confident I'll end up seeing it at some point in the next few weeks (and I barely go to theatres anymore), so he might be right.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:28 PM 12-16-2022
I apparently was one of the few that thought the first one sucked and don't get the hype.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:55 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I apparently was one of the few that thought the first one sucked and don't get the hype.
Nickelback, Imagine Dragons, Limp Bizkit effect. Media that was popular at the time albeit slightly overrated and commericially lauded - then somehow becomes underrated later.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:30 PM 12-16-2022
Pretty good all around but...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up