ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:03 PM 11-22-2022
I think the bottom line is the Jet's are one win out of first place in their division...

As a head coach, do you continue to go with Wilson whose clearly a weak link on your team? Or do you go back to Flacco who had some BIG games, and then some bad ones too? I think the choice is easy. Go with Flacco, he's proven to be a decent game manager who can win a SB on the back of a good team/defense. His bad games are going to be no worse than Wilsons and his upside of good games is better than Wilsons even at his age.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:04 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I think the bottom line is the Jet's are one win out of first place in their division...

As a head coach, do you continue to go with Wilson whose clearly a weak link on your team? Or do you go back to Flacco who had some BIG games, and then some bad ones too? I think the choice is easy. Go with Flacco, he's proven to be a decent game manager who can win a SB on the back of a good team/defense. His bad games are going to be no worse than Wilsons and his upside of good games is better than Wilsons even at his age.
That Flacco is done. He was a QB that could win a SB years ago. Now he is washed.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:06 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:

Flacco won’t win you games by being dynamic or a game changer. He is however the perfect QB for the Jets this year. With that defense they don’t need much. If he played Sunday they don’t lose to NE, nor do they only generate 2 total yard of offense in the second half.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:07 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That Flacco is done. He was a QB that could win a SB years ago. Now he is washed.
Still better than Wilson right now.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:08 PM 11-22-2022
I still remember the Flacco-Lamar Jackson debate on this board in Jackson's rookie year.

:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:10 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Still better than Wilson right now.
Depends.

If the jets OC refuses to call plays for Wilson and wants to Gase it up, Flacco would be more effective short-term.

It would get Saleh rightfully fired by next year though.

Flacco won't save your job in a division with Allen, Tua.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:12 PM 11-22-2022
The reason to start Flacco isn’t because he’s great. It’s because Wilson is so bad right now that Flacco is likely going to be better. It’s worth saving the season because they’re not tanking anymore. They need to get the locker room back and light a fire in Wilson. Make him earn his starting job next year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:17 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The reason to start Flacco isn’t because he’s great. It’s because Wilson is so bad right now that Flacco is likely going to be better. It’s worth saving the season because they’re not tanking anymore. They need to get the locker room back and light a fire in Wilson. Make him earn his starting job next year.
I'm kind of hoping the Jets do what you suggest.

Would be nice to send Zach to the NFC, AFC has enough talent at QB.

Send Wilson to a team that actually has a plan and OC to develop a QB, Jets look clueless.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:17 PM 11-22-2022
Depends.

If the jets OC refuses to call plays for Wilson and wants to Gase it up, Flacco would be more effective short-term.

It would get Saleh rightfully fired by next year though.

Flacco won't save your job in a division with Allen, Tua.
What kind of plays are you talking about? The video Kimosbi posted showed simple passes any NFL level QB makes in their sleep. Dan Orlovsky has a video as well and these aren't complex plays.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:21 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
What kind of plays are you talking about? The video Kimosbi posted showed simple passes any NFL level QB makes in their sleep. Dan Orlovsky has a video as well and these aren't complex plays.
The Lafleur offense the Jets are running is based on Jimmy G.

Lafleur is the dumb Lafleur brother and his offense is absolutely dog shit fit for Wilson.

This is the only game where Jets actually tried to attack a specific defense's coverage. Again, it wasn't great but give Wilson 3-4 games like that and I think he would start to stabilize.

Right now Wilson is in his own head and his coach is a huge part of the problem.

[Reply]
Mecca 12:22 PM 11-22-2022
None of this would be happening if Wilson could answer a question like a normal human and not an entitled douche, he pissed off the team.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:29 PM 11-22-2022
The Lafleur offense the Jets are running is based on Jimmy G.

Lafleur is the dumb Lafleur brother and his offense is absolutely dog shit fit for Wilson.

This is the only game where Jets actually tried to attack a specific defense's coverage. Again, it wasn't great but give Wilson 3-4 games like that and I think he would start to stabilize.

Right now Wilson is in his own head and his coach is a huge part of the problem.

holy shit I can't believe I watched all of that. he completed 7 passes for 87 yds and literally the only NFL level pass he made was the TD one. The rest were garbage.

He think he is Mahomes and drops back 20 yds and I think he fumbled like 2-3 times and luckily got the ball back. Garbage.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:30 PM 11-22-2022
This is a QB league and there is a lot more to thriving than just acquiring the right QB talent.

You also have to create an offense based on that QB's skills. So far the Jets are an F for this.

You also have to surround that QB with quality pieces so far they have a rookie in Wilson, a bust in Mims, and a guy that is bleh but wants to be traded in Moore.

I love Breece Hall but he's injured.
The jets are an F? They have a wealth of WRs even with a checked out Moore. Garrett Wilson is an elite talent. Conklin is a solid TE. Corey davis played 7 games as a really good WR2. And that’s assuming Wilson doesn’t play a large role in guys like moore and mims refusing to get with the program.

And regardless. It’s not moores fault wilson is in year 2 and can’t throw a simple screen pass. They can’t catch passes if he totally blows wide open reads. You can’t make this many excuses for problems that are largely in his court. There is an excuse to have sophomore slumps but no excuse to be flat out this bad. Even in their wins with dominant RB play he has looked really bad in winning efforts
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:34 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The jets are an F? They have a wealth of WRs even with a checked out Moore. Garrett Wilson is an elite talent. Conklin is a solid TE. Corey davis played 7 games as a really good WR2. And that’s assuming Wilson doesn’t play a large role in guys like moore and mims refusing to get with the program.

And regardless. It’s not moores fault wilson is in year 2 and can’t throw a simple screen pass. They can’t catch passes if he totally blows wide open reads. You can’t make this many excuses for problems that are largely in his court. There is an excuse to have sophomore slumps but no excuse to be flat out this bad. Even in their wins with dominant RB play he has looked really bad in winning efforts
Tell me, what is the Jets record without Wilson this year?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:35 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
holy shit I can't believe I watched all of that. he completed 7 passes for 87 yds and literally the only NFL level pass he made was the TD one. The rest were garbage.

He think he is Mahomes and drops back 20 yds and I think he fumbled like 2-3 times and luckily got the ball back. Garbage.
How does this look to you?

[Reply]
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up