ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 56
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Australia Deploys Martial Law
seamonster 03:31 PM 08-18-2021
Australia Deploys Military on Its Own People Over Nine Deaths.

Citizens Are Mandated to Stay Within 5KM of Their House.

If you're Seen outside you Better be Running or Doing Pushups. No Outdoor Recreation.

Military Deploys Checkpoints on AU Citizens.


Originally Posted by :
Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.

Australian Defence Force soldiers will undergo training on the weekend before beginning unarmed patrols on Monday.

But many have questioned whether the military intervention is necessary, calling it heavy-handed.

The lockdown - in place until at least 28 August - bars people from leaving their home except for essential exercise, shopping, caregiving and other reasons.

Despite five weeks of lockdown, infections in the nation's largest city continue to spread. Officials recorded 170 new cases on Friday.


Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.

State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them".

Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.

Sydney extends lockdown as other cities reopen
Melbourne towers lockdown 'breached human rights'
The outbreak has largely affected critical workers and large family groups in the city's poorer and ethnically diverse west and south-west suburbs. About two million people live there.

Critics say those areas have already faced "targeted" policing measures. They point out restrictions there are harsher than for the rest of Sydney.

"Our people are one of the poorest demographics, and as it is, they already feel picked on and marginalised," said Steve Christou, one local mayor.

"They can't afford to pay the mortgage, the rent, the food or work. Now to throw out the army to enforce lockdown on the streets is going to be a huge issue to these people," he told SBS.

Others have called for the government to increase its vaccine drive and support services for the affected communities.

Australia's rate of vaccination - 17% of the adult population - remains one of the lowest among OECD nations.

[Reply]
True North 10:21 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
These numbers are mainly in my state, which has the equivalent of what is your Republican Party in government. They've made mistake after mistake: these lockdowns are far too late, the horse has basically bolted. We have no prospect of getting out of restrictions probably until next year here: the only reason now to keep them is to protect the health system. Meanwhile, other states who took the correct measures early, are not in lockdown and have very low fatalities from covid.
Lockdowns don't work lol. You'd think that would be obvious to everyone by now.

" The governments gonna need to take more of your freedoms mate, cuz you know muah cases and all".

What a joke. It's crazy how easy it was for the globalists to whip people into a frenzy to push for global government. All they had to do was weaponize the seasonal flu.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:28 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Speaking of reality…



"If not for our quick and decisive actions in making you all prisoners in your own homes, the Covid case numbers might have shot up as high as 1,120. So, you're welcome."

- NSW government
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:36 AM 08-28-2021
Yeah!! We get a whole extra hour outside-Plus our exercise time!

Freedom is awesome!!
[Reply]
notorious 02:12 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
You're not anti-vax, not a Trump voter and are anti-lockdown? Anti-mask?

There are (sadly) literally thousands of these I could post, most of them however are Trumpers and all of them didn't take the vaccine when they had the opportunity. Not going to say that its karma that happened to them more just ingrained stupidity.
Anti-lockdown has NOTHING to do with anti-mask and anti-vax.

Forceful lockdown is a direct infringement of freedom. I don’t give a shit what people do when it comes to the vax or masks. Their choice, live with the consequences.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:59 PM 08-28-2021
just here in our little town, an individual called for a cab. while waiting outside, they ducked around the corner for a smoke.

$300 fine.
[Reply]
notorious 04:55 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
just here in our little town, an individual called for a cab. while waiting outside, they ducked around the corner for a smoke.

$300 fine.
You can have a beer inside your house, Nick.

Stop complaining.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:01 PM 08-28-2021
On lawyer Robert Barne's show tonight, he said he's getting inundated with immigration calls from Aussies and Kiwi's. He sends them to an immigration attorney he knows.

So now these guys want to immigrate to America. I'd take them more than any more third world people.
[Reply]
Stro39 09:56 PM 08-28-2021
Well, my routine basically hasn't changed. Went outside for a walk today, not a bad day here. Watching footy later, after that at some stage going to the gym (which has an area which is under cover but open air and as such is still open). Only thing I can't do is go to the pub as they are shut. Currently playing online poker.

As far as people getting fined, well, you break the law you get what's coming to you. You should have no complaints if, for example, you are caught speeding on the roads. I really see no difference from that to anyone getting fined for things that are against the common good when we're in a pandemic. You play with fire you get burnt.
[Reply]
Nickhead 10:22 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
Well, my routine basically hasn't changed. Went outside for a walk today, not a bad day here. Watching footy later, after that at some stage going to the gym (which has an area which is under cover but open air and as such is still open). Only thing I can't do is go to the pub as they are shut. Currently playing online poker.

As far as people getting fined, well, you break the law you get what's coming to you. You should have no complaints if, for example, you are caught speeding on the roads. I really see no difference from that to anyone getting fined for things that are against the common good when we're in a pandemic. You play with fire you get burnt.
you have no problem with them implementing guidelines punishable by fine and imprisonment when there is no law on the books for this situation?
[Reply]
Stro39 10:54 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
you have no problem with them implementing guidelines punishable by fine and imprisonment when there is no law on the books for this situation?
This is a one in a 100 year situation: if we are still seeing these restrictive lockdowns when we are at 80% vax rate, yes, I want to see some legislation, but I'm very dubious that either side of politics will pass it.

If we had of had these types of restrictions, and I mean a hard lockdown in Sydney town, back in June we wouldn't be in this situation. For me that's crystal clear and that's on Gladys, Scomo, their party and supporters.

For me the horse has basically bolted, its over, but that doesn't mean you can "let it rip" because a huge swathe of our population is unvaxxed. The hospital system in Sydney is already groaning under the strain with only a thousand or so new infections a day, imagine 10 thousand a day with current vax levels: that's why they have to keep these measures in place. So yes, I support them, but only to a point. When we get to much higher vax levels I won't be as supportive of really restrictive lockdowns, but I do understand that until this pandemic runs its course there will be some level of restrictions in place for some places in our country. I just want any measures to be based on medical advice from experts not political measures to get Scomo re-elected, because I think that is what is coming later this year or early next.

I'm less affected where I am: I don't live in Sydney, I'm pretty much able to come and go as I please. My liberties have really been totally unaffected where I live: my routine is largely unchanged, so perhaps I'm the wrong person to ask.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:00 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
This is a one in a 100 year situation: if we are still seeing these restrictive lockdowns when we are at 80% vax rate, yes, I want to see some legislation, but I'm very dubious that either side of politics will pass it.

If we had of had these types of restrictions, and I mean a hard lockdown in Sydney town, back in June we wouldn't be in this situation. For me that's crystal clear and that's on Gladys, Scomo, their party and supporters.

For me the horse has basically bolted, its over, but that doesn't mean you can "let it rip" because a huge swathe of our population is unvaxxed. The hospital system in Sydney is already groaning under the strain with only a thousand or so new infections a day, imagine 10 thousand a day with current vax levels: that's why they have to keep these measures in place. So yes, I support them, but only to a point. When we get to much higher vax levels I won't be as supportive of really restrictive lockdowns, but I do understand that until this pandemic runs its course there will be some level of restrictions in place for some places in our country. I just want any measures to be based on medical advice from experts not political measures to get Scomo re-elected, because I think that is what is coming later this year or early next.

I'm less affected where I am: I don't live in Sydney, I'm pretty much able to come and go as I please. My liberties have really been totally unaffected where I live: my routine is largely unchanged, so perhaps I'm the wrong person to ask.
You want to know why you are wrong about everything?

IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT ACQUIESCING TO THOSE THAT WERE TRAPPED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY TO RETURN THERE WOULD BE NO CASES AND THE COUNTRY WOULD BE 60% FIRST SHOT VAXXED

The country's economy would be booming there would be no lockdowns. Every fucking day I am tired of the wicked witch of the west mentioning overseas positives. This is how it started ya fuckin tic tac!
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:10 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
This is a one in a 100 year situation: if we are still seeing these restrictive lockdowns when we are at 80% vax rate
San Francisco thought the same thing… get to 80% fully vaccinated and everything will be back to normal… they naively believed the Medical Deep State lies.

San Francisco has been well over 80%+ fully vaccinated for two months and they still have mask mandates and other restrictions… nothing close to the “back to normal” they were promised.

You should prepare yourself for the same scenario.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:12 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
On lawyer Robert Barne's show tonight, he said he's getting inundated with immigration calls from Aussies and Kiwi's. He sends them to an immigration attorney he knows.

So now these guys want to immigrate to America. I'd take them more than any more third world people.
People are more “free” to leave Afghanistan than Australia currently. :-)
[Reply]
Stro39 11:18 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
You want to know why you are wrong about everything?

IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE ****ING GOVERNMENT ACQUIESCING TO THOSE THAT WERE TRAPPED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY TO RETURN THERE WOULD BE NO CASES AND THE COUNTRY WOULD BE 60% FIRST SHOT VAXXED

The country's economy would be booming there would be no lockdowns. Every ****ing day I am tired of the wicked witch of the west mentioning overseas positives. This is how it started ya ****in tic tac!
Not sure I follow your logic, like the Aussie insult though.

Just to be clear, a lot of arrivals *aren't* those previously trapped overseas, they're business types allowed to come and go because, its likely, they have the right "connections" (ie, Liberal party donor or whatever).

So for example, an outbreak in Brisbane came from some businessman who had travelled too and from Indon repeatedly during the pandemic. The current Sydney one came from that limo driver who picked it up from pilots he was ferrying. These pilots were flying planes with mostly business people on them. That's a fact.

Also, why aren't we at 60% vaxxed? Why is that? Its because Scummo didn't do his effing job, he didn't procure enough vaccine - its a supply issue. We have one of the lowest vax rates in the OECD and we're a first world country.

You can be tired of looking at overseas comparisons and can express this frustration by WRITING IN ALL CAPS, but it isn't going to stop those comparisons. Australian politicians are looking at places like Florida and saying: "not for us".

We will have to open up at some stage, at some stage this will have to end, and we are looking at other countries to see what happens when they open up before us.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:50 PM 08-28-2021

[Reply]
Page 22 of 56
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up