ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 56
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Australia Deploys Martial Law
seamonster 03:31 PM 08-18-2021
Australia Deploys Military on Its Own People Over Nine Deaths.

Citizens Are Mandated to Stay Within 5KM of Their House.

If you're Seen outside you Better be Running or Doing Pushups. No Outdoor Recreation.

Military Deploys Checkpoints on AU Citizens.


Originally Posted by :
Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.

Australian Defence Force soldiers will undergo training on the weekend before beginning unarmed patrols on Monday.

But many have questioned whether the military intervention is necessary, calling it heavy-handed.

The lockdown - in place until at least 28 August - bars people from leaving their home except for essential exercise, shopping, caregiving and other reasons.

Despite five weeks of lockdown, infections in the nation's largest city continue to spread. Officials recorded 170 new cases on Friday.


Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.

State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them".

Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.

Sydney extends lockdown as other cities reopen
Melbourne towers lockdown 'breached human rights'
The outbreak has largely affected critical workers and large family groups in the city's poorer and ethnically diverse west and south-west suburbs. About two million people live there.

Critics say those areas have already faced "targeted" policing measures. They point out restrictions there are harsher than for the rest of Sydney.

"Our people are one of the poorest demographics, and as it is, they already feel picked on and marginalised," said Steve Christou, one local mayor.

"They can't afford to pay the mortgage, the rent, the food or work. Now to throw out the army to enforce lockdown on the streets is going to be a huge issue to these people," he told SBS.

Others have called for the government to increase its vaccine drive and support services for the affected communities.

Australia's rate of vaccination - 17% of the adult population - remains one of the lowest among OECD nations.

[Reply]
Stro39 11:33 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Honest question. Do you think all the heavy handed government lockdowns are OK if they stop the spread of covid (no prostesting, stay at home mandates, military)?
"Heavy handed", hello leading question.

I support the current lockdowns so long as those are following the expert medical advice. IMO the reason we are in lockdowns is because a state government (NSW) decided to make political decisions over medical ones. If the city of Sydney had done a "short sharp" lockdown earlier, this current situation would have been avoided, but they went the "keep things open" option that has allowed this current outbreak to jump from just one person to now hundreds of people being infected every day.

The lockdowns are not enforced by the military. Our current national leader, who leads the conservative party which is akin to your Republican party, has politicized the military during the pandemic by basically using them as a background for photo ops.

I just went outside for a couple-mile walk, I took my mask but didn't wear it (I'm supposed to) because it was drizzling rain and there was basically no one outside in this weather. Walked down to a local shopping centre, put my mask on going to go inside to the butchers and the bakery, checked in via an app on my phone, then outside took my mask off again. (FYI I wear spectacles that fog up like nothing else with the mask on if its not perfectly fit) No one stopped me and told me to put my mask on outside, but if they had I would have been happy to comply. It's just a freaking mask, after all.

Of course, about 2 minutes into my walk, the rain got heavier and stayed that way, two minutes after I got home, the rain eased up again. A bit inconvenient that, a little like wearing a mask.
[Reply]
seamonster 04:05 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
"Heavy handed", hello leading question.

I support the current lockdowns so long as those are following the expert medical advice. IMO the reason we are in lockdowns is because a state government (NSW) decided to make political decisions over medical ones. If the city of Sydney had done a "short sharp" lockdown earlier, this current situation would have been avoided, but they went the "keep things open" option that has allowed this current outbreak to jump from just one person to now hundreds of people being infected every day.

The lockdowns are not enforced by the military. Our current national leader, who leads the conservative party which is akin to your Republican party, has politicized the military during the pandemic by basically using them as a background for photo ops.

I just went outside for a couple-mile walk, I took my mask but didn't wear it (I'm supposed to) because it was drizzling rain and there was basically no one outside in this weather. Walked down to a local shopping centre, put my mask on going to go inside to the butchers and the bakery, checked in via an app on my phone, then outside took my mask off again. (FYI I wear spectacles that fog up like nothing else with the mask on if its not perfectly fit) No one stopped me and told me to put my mask on outside, but if they had I would have been happy to comply. It's just a freaking mask, after all.

Of course, about 2 minutes into my walk, the rain got heavier and stayed that way, two minutes after I got home, the rain eased up again. A bit inconvenient that, a little like wearing a mask.
Bolded part is misinformation. There's several military unit's deployed into Sydney. They've setup roadblocks and they're coordinating their efforts with the NSW authorities to setup this Wuhan-style lock down on the population.

And you're expert medical advice is insane: "Whilst it is in human nature to engage in conversation with others, to be friendly, unfortunately this is not the time to do that . . . don’t start up a conversation"

What's the point of doing this? You're not building herd immunity and you're not getting people vaccinated at a high level. Do you think Australia's going to be some mythical virus-free paradise with these absurd wuhan lockdowns?
[Reply]
Stro39 05:50 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Bolded part is misinformation. There's several military unit's deployed into Sydney. They've setup roadblocks and they're coordinating their efforts with the NSW authorities to setup this Wuhan-style lock down on the population.

And you're expert medical advice is insane: "Whilst it is in human nature to engage in conversation with others, to be friendly, unfortunately this is not the time to do that . . . don’t start up a conversation"

What's the point of doing this? You're not building herd immunity and you're not getting people vaccinated at a high level. Do you think Australia's going to be some mythical virus-free paradise with these absurd wuhan lockdowns?

Ahh, I now know where you are getting the military thing from. These personnel are not armed; apparently they've been brought in because of over-stretched police services.

I agree, however, this isn't a good look. In Australia, roughly like in your country, we have a separation of powers, namely between these entities like the judiciary, army, policing and politicians. This is what I meant when I wrote that the army was being politicized, and this is something that has the LNP's (the conservative party) grubby mits all over it.

For me, this is the police's role. This is what they should be doing. Don't drag the army into a domestic situation. This isn't their role and nor should it be.

The conversation thing, that's just the health advice: they found people had caught the virus in such a situation, so they basically just recommended against it while the number of infections are so high.

As far as the goal: we had remained basically virus free for a long time while it was killing millions overseas: during that period we had a number of outbreaks from hotel quarantine, and it was fairly obvious many business types were coming and going freely, but our preventative measures, including lockdowns, stopped it from getting to anywhere near the level that has tragically happened over there.

The goal is to hold the number of infections at an acceptable level until we reach 80% vaccination levels: the modelling shows that we can start to open up when this is done and we only have 30 infections per day. Just today, the state of NSW had over 800 infections, and we are many months away from 80% vax levels. There has been a failure on two fronts politically here: the first is our prime minister (our national leader, like your President) and his cabinet didn't get the vaccines as early as you have had over there. He also lied about this repeatedly, saying Australia was in the "front of the queue" internationally for vaccines. Clearly this was not and is not the case. Secondly, there has been a failure in the state of NSW: that state's government is the same party as the prime minister. The NSW Premier, who is known as the Bin Chicken, has led a response where they didn't lockdown early enough or hard enough, and previous to this was lobbing criticisms back at other states leaders about their responses saying that they were going overboard and NSW "would never" lockdown like they had in the neighbouring state of Victoria.

At some stage, yes, the country will open up. Pandemics end: however we do not want to go through the death and suffering tragically endured overseas. We need to get as much of the population vaxxed as possible, but in the interim we have to stop the virus from spreading, hence the need for lockdowns, mask wearing, etc.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:31 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
We need to get as much of the population vaxxed as possible, but in the interim we have to stop the virus from spreading, hence the need for lockdowns, mask wearing, etc.
And dog killing, you forgot the part where rescue dogs are being killed.
[Reply]
Stro39 06:42 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
And dog killing, you forgot the part where rescue dogs are being killed.
Yep, masses of dogs are being killed here. I can't get outside because of all the canine carcasses everywhere. Its like a furry snow drift.

Maybe if we had of sent just one of those dogs over to China so that dude ate that instead of the bat soup or whatever it was back in 2019 we wouldn't be in this situation.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:45 AM 08-23-2021
God try it here please
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:49 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
Yep, masses of dogs are being killed here. I can't get outside because of all the canine carcasses everywhere. Its like a furry snow drift.

Maybe if we had of sent just one of those dogs over to China so that dude ate that instead of the bat soup or whatever it was back in 2019 we wouldn't be in this situation.
Really, that's your response to this; https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...21-p58ksh.html

Spoiler!


So some rural area council orders rescued dogs shot to keep the volunteers from tending to them in order to stop the spread?!? Even though there were no reported cases?!?

Originally Posted by :
According to NSW Health, there have been no recent locally acquired COVID-19 cases in Cobar, although fragments of the virus have been found in the area’s sewerage system.
This is borderline cult like behavior. But hey, you keep hunkering down good citizen.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 07:05 AM 08-23-2021
Stro is one of the Australian brainwashed I see. Freely thinking for ones self is a human right, don't let government control that freedom forever. It's sad honestly. I want us humans to understand that not everything is as it seems.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:09 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
CNN or Nytimes hasn't told them how to think yet on this subject
Vanity fair is oaktards go to source
[Reply]
Stro39 07:14 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Really, that's your response to this; https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...21-p58ksh.html



So some rural area council orders rescued dogs shot to keep the volunteers from tending to them in order to stop the spread?!? Even though there were no reported cases?!?



This is borderline cult like behavior. But hey, you keep hunkering down good citizen.
I don't really have a comment to make, I don't really know what the situation was and, to be frank, I don't really trust the media out here because most of it is linked to the LNP. These types articles are meant to press buttons, that's what the once-great Sydney Morning Herald has devolved to since the change in ownership.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:17 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
I don't really have a comment to make, I don't really know what the situation was and, to be frank, I don't really trust the media out here because most of it is linked to the LNP. These types articles are meant to press buttons, that's what the once-great Sydney Morning Herald has devolved to since the change in ownership.
The world has changed quite a bit even over the last few years, worldwide epidemic of communism. People have lost their minds and are willing to accept anything to meet that end.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:20 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
I don't really have a comment to make, I don't really know what the situation was and, to be frank, I don't really trust the media out here because most of it is linked to the LNP. These types articles are meant to press buttons, that's what the once-great Sydney Morning Herald has devolved to since the change in ownership.
You cannot comment, or will not comment, as you are being forced to defend the indefensible.

Quick look in at the ANZAC Region right now...


[Reply]
Stro39 07:28 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
You cannot comment, or will not comment, as you are being forced to defend the indefensible.

Quick look in at the ANZAC Region right now...

I'll tell you what is actually indefensible, having 650k actual humans, not dogs, dead from a preventable disease. That's indefensible.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:33 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
I'll tell you what is actually indefensible, having 650k actual humans, not dogs, dead from a preventable disease. That's indefensible.
Heart Disease?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:40 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
I'll tell you what is actually indefensible, having 650k actual humans, not dogs, dead from a preventable disease. That's indefensible.
Well enjoy being ruled rather than governed.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 56
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up