6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:56 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Royals are basically in a all in or all out position. Signing middling FAs like Carlos Santana etc isn't gonna do much.

They're in a spot to either go all out and pursue big time FAs (which they obviously aren't doing) or just let the kids play.

It's fine if they go with the kids approach since they have a lot of young guys thar need at bats.

If it results in Ryan O'Hearn and Hunter Dozier as everyday players then this team is to dumb to win.
The one guy I'd be really intrigued by, that I don't think they'll be interested in, is Nick Castellanos.

He'd be a real difference maker and true lineup centerpiece. You'd have to find a way to play him in LF or use him as a DH, which means moving on from some guys they're planning to bring back (Benintendi, Dozier,?)

Other than that, among position players, I want to run with what they've got or the young guys.

I think bringing Greinke in for a year or two at something like $12M a year has value both to the team and to the fanbase. Would be cool to see him close his career here, and I think the young staff could learn a lot from him.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:16 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
The Mets get Scherzer. $43 million a year.
Holy hell…
[Reply]
Mecca 03:34 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The one guy I'd be really intrigued by, that I don't think they'll be interested in, is Nick Castellanos.

He'd be a real difference maker and true lineup centerpiece. You'd have to find a way to play him in LF or use him as a DH, which means moving on from some guys they're planning to bring back (Benintendi, Dozier,?)

Other than that, among position players, I want to run with what they've got or the young guys.

I think bringing Greinke in for a year or two at something like $12M a year has value both to the team and to the fanbase. Would be cool to see him close his career here, and I think the young staff could learn a lot from him.
Vet starter is a good idea... I wouldn't even be opposed to trading Benintendi. Isbel is literally the same type of player and he needs to play everyday.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:42 PM 11-29-2021

BREAKING: Star shortstop Corey Seager and the Texas Rangers are in agreement on a 10-year, $325 million deal, sources familiar with the situation tell ESPN.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 29, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:43 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Holy hell…
The only 0-3 with 3Ks I'm proud of was an appearance against a West county St. Louis squad anchored by a 14-year old ace with different-colored eyes named Max.

We've both done well with our lives since that day... LOL.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:46 PM 11-29-2021
Are the Rangers giving up on Kiner-Falefa with their signings?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:48 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
:-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:51 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
:-):-):-):-):-):-)
It's literally right in line with market value...They got John Gray pretty reasonably too.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:59 PM 11-29-2021
Are the Rangers giving up on Kiner-Falefa with their signings?
He's arbitration eligible and could get non-tendered. He made $2 million last year.

A modern day Mark Belanger, Rey Ordonez-type.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:06 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
He's arbitration eligible and could get non-tendered. He made $2 million last year.

A modern day Mark Belanger, Rey Ordonez-type.
Usually guys as good as him with the glove have a role. I could see them moving him to utility type.
[Reply]
tk13 04:08 PM 11-29-2021
The real worry about Seager isn't the money it's that he's had a few injuries. Some of that is bad luck but 10 years is a long time. He's great when he plays though.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:11 PM 11-29-2021
Usually guys as good as him with the glove have a role. I could see them moving him to utility type.
That's true. The Rangers will probably play him at 3B until Josh Jung is ready.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:23 PM 11-29-2021

Getting down to the wire. Here's a couple things the league has proposed...I like the playoff idea. Sources: Playoff pitch, draft lottery in CBA talks https://t.co/UMNVHD6VeO

— Jesse Rogers (@JesseRogersESPN) November 29, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 04:23 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
The real worry about Seager isn't the money it's that he's had a few injuries. Some of that is bad luck but 10 years is a long time. He's great when he plays though.
The worst team in baseball bought the best middle infield in the league.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:33 PM 11-29-2021
CBA negotiations are going to be interesting. One proposal is for a draft lottery to help put an end to tanking. IMO if the MLBPA wants to end tanking they need a salary floor WITH a salary cap as well. Big market clubs already have more advantages than in any other sport, now they want to take away one of the few ways in which small market teams can manage to be competitive? The MLBPA has too much power compared to other sports unions.
[Reply]
Page 436 of 440
« First < 336386426432433434435436 437438439440 >
Up