7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
bsp4444 12:15 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Why is that?

This extension covers his age 21-32 seasons. Drop-off is unlikely to be drastic at 31-32 because of his profile. Plate discipline and bat control and contact skills all typically age well, and those are his strengths.
Francisco Lindor would be the comp. Smaller player, has dropped considerably in offensive stats after four years.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:27 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Francisco Lindor would be the comp. Smaller player, has dropped considerably in offensive stats after four years.
Their similar in height and position. Pretty differently built players.

Franco is built more like Jose Ramirez, if you want to pick a Cleveland product MI. Thicker, more muscular at 20 than Lindor is even today.

Lindor was always a skinny/wiry guy. I think his drop in production has more to do with him gearing up his swing to take advantage of juiced balls and a short RF home porch in Cleveland and not being able to adjust back quickly than anything else.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:37 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
As I’m certain KCConnection will agree, nothingdescribes Wade Davis’ domination more than how he dealt with Ben Revere in the 9th inning of game 6 of the 2015 ALCS.

Lured him into a 2-0 count and then broke him apart in mid air.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:41 PM 11-24-2021
Salary escalates $4 a year. I’m in good shape for the next 2-3 years and will try to add 1-2 cheap keepers in each draft.

May keep Logan Gilbert instead of Montas for $7, but Montas was SO good down the stretch and likely headed to a contender via trade. I’m hoping NL rather than AL East…
I saw Logan Gilbert pitch in college at Stetson (I used to live in DeLand and went to their Sunday games, so relaxing) and saw him throw one of the most dominant games I've ever seen a pitcher have, at any level. Just missed a no-hitter. His stuff was fantastic. And he's off to a good start in MLB.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:29 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
As I’m certain KCConnection will agree, nothingdescribes Wade Davis’ domination more than how he dealt with Ben Revere in the 9th inning of game 6 of the 2015 ALCS.

Lured him into a 2-0 count and then broke him apart in mid air.
:-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:08 AM 11-29-2021
Any thoughts on the Royals lack of action so far in free agency? Not sure what to think myself, but I’ve seen some gnashing of teeth on Twitter towards their lack of moves so far. Maybe not the right time to spend yet, but also thought perhaps Sherman would allow them to be a bit more aggressive than they were under Glass, particularly with the new TV money.
[Reply]
kstater 11:16 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Any thoughts on the Royals lack of action so far in free agency? Not sure what to think myself, but I’ve seen some gnashing of teeth on Twitter towards their lack of moves so far. Maybe not the right time to spend yet, but also thought perhaps Sherman would allow them to be a bit more aggressive than they were under Glass, particularly with the new TV money.
Hard to know how to allocate your budget until know what the new cba is gonna be for small markets

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:22 AM 11-29-2021

All big contracts carry risk and Byron Buxton's injury history adds to that, but $15 million per year is a no-brainer for the Twins.

Buxton has been worth $50 million per 150 games the past five seasons. He can clear $15 million in value in a good month.https://t.co/ZwM2YqWUXE

— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) November 28, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:39 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I don't expect them to be a big player for a FA bat at the MI spot. I'd like to see them add SP, but it wasn't going to be one of the guys that has signed so far.

If they don't add at least one veteran pitcher who is solid in FA, I'll be mildly disappointed.

I'm more interested to see if they can land Seiyya Suzuki ... would be a potentially awesome addition.
[Reply]
tk13 11:46 AM 11-29-2021
The Mets get Scherzer. $43 million a year.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:56 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
The Mets get Scherzer. $43 million a year.
The Mets are on a spree, Escobar, Marte, Scherzer..do they bring back Baez?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:03 PM 11-29-2021
I don't expect them to be a big player for a FA bat at the MI spot. I'd like to see them add SP, but it wasn't going to be one of the guys that has signed so far.

If they don't add at least one veteran pitcher who is solid in FA, I'll be mildly disappointed.

I'm more interested to see if they can land Seiyya Suzuki ... would be a potentially awesome addition.
The Royals are basically in a all in or all out position. Signing middling FAs like Carlos Santana etc isn't gonna do much.

They're in a spot to either go all out and pursue big time FAs (which they obviously aren't doing) or just let the kids play.

It's fine if they go with the kids approach since they have a lot of young guys thar need at bats.

If it results in Ryan O'Hearn and Hunter Dozier as everyday players then this team is to dumb to win.
[Reply]
tk13 12:19 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Mets are on a spree, Escobar, Marte, Scherzer..do they bring back Baez?
Hard telling. They've signed some good players but it always feels like when a team like the Mets go wild like this they underachieve.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:10 PM 11-29-2021
I just don't see much out on the free agent market that fits with the Royals needs at the moment. Outside of Nick Castellanos or Seiya Suzuki for position players that would be about it. Royals locking up Taylor kind of gave away where they saw the market and honestly I don't blame then on the position side.

They just got to figure out where Witt, Mondesi, Nicky and Whit are going to play. Santana is a good place holder until Prato comes up this summer. Melendez splitting time with Salvy is coming later this season as well.

Pitching wise Grenike, Alex Wood, Alex Cobb, or Dylan Bundy would be someone for the starting rotation to look at.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:27 PM 11-29-2021

Robbie Ray goes to Mariners. @JeffPassan reported $115M, 5 years

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 29, 2021

[Reply]
Page 435 of 440
« First < 335385425431432433434435 436437438439 > Last »
Up