ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 94
« First < 42828889909192 9394 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:28 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Doing great things when it matters most is what makes you great.

He elevated his game to accomplish what had to be accomplished in the moment.

People forget he did this while his back was trash and most people wouldn't even be playing. He also has some unknown Berry-like illness that no one talks about. And he did end regular season games with sacks. He did have regular season moments - just not as many as we would like.

Odd that people think of him less favorably than Sammy Watkins - who's incredibly similar when you think about it.
So we should only judge players by their playoff performance? What they do in the regular season doesn't mean anything? Yeah it doesn't work like that.

For what he was being paid he underperformed. You can try and sugar coat it all you want but facts are facts.

That said he did make some clutch and key plays for us in the playoffs so not saying trade was a bust or anything. But when you are getting paid as much as he was you aren't getting paid just to show up in the playoffs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:45 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
It’s not an unknown disease anymore. It’s Crohns and he couldn’t stop drinking to keep it in check until last year. He literally boozed himself to the sidelines many times and caused major setbacks weight loss. **** him.
He made his choice. He chose to get drunk instead of playing on Sunday. Chose his very selfish reasons over the team. Why would we want such a player back?
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I love Playoff Frank.

Can we wait until December to sign him?
Only if you ask nicely……twice.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:18 AM 05-30-2023
I don’t see a problem bringing Frank back on a team friendly deal like Carlos Dunlap last year.

Playoff Frank has proven to always be valuable
[Reply]
BossChief 08:13 AM 05-30-2023
I don’t think we need a vet DE after signing Omenihu and drafting Uzi/Thompson.

Uzi
Karlaftis
Omenihu
Danna
Thompson

If they plan on redshirting Thompson, I can see a rotational spot for Frank, but that’s about it.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:29 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Uzi
Karlaftis
Omenihu
Danna
Thompson

If they plan on redshirting Thompson, I can see a rotational spot for Frank, but that’s about it.
But we all know how much Frank loves being next to an Uzi.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:42 AM 05-30-2023
The shark is your species. Circles it's prey with a bloodlust & brings the sack in the playoffs. Regular season is for minnows
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:24 PM 05-30-2023

Uzi
Karlaftis
Omenihu
Danna
Thompson

Let's be realistic though. Thompson is the next Kaindoh. Tons of potential, but not a guy who can be counted on to produce. They can't have him in their plans as a guy who they can throw out there on a weekly basis and expect to get significant snaps.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:28 PM 05-30-2023

Uzi
Karlaftis
Omenihu
Danna
Thompson

I think we have to know that Thompson isn't going to take a significant number of snaps in 2023. More minuses in his game than pluses at this point, not the least of which is that he weighs almost nothing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Let's be realistic though. Thompson is the next Kaindoh. Tons of potential, but not a guy who can be counted on to produce. They can't have him in their plans as a guy who they can throw out there on a weekly basis and expect to get significant snaps.
One distinction worth making - Kaindoah was a 'potential' candidate due more to his HS film than anything he did in college. He was such a monster recruit that NFL teams were still convinced there was some untapped ability in there that perhaps his college staff hadn't gotten out of him.

Thompson, OTOH, was a nothing of a recruit who simply kept developing and progressing in college year over year.

The arrow was flat on Kaindoah, that's not really the case with Thompson.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:12 PM 05-30-2023
Cut Thompson sign Clark just to see DJ go crazy
[Reply]
tredadda 07:34 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
But we all know how much Frank loves being next to an Uzi.
:-) Very underrated post.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:55 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He made his choice. He chose to get drunk instead of playing on Sunday. Chose his very selfish reasons over the team. Why would we want such a player back?
I have no idea why we would but we’re both catching downvotes for saying it out loud. This teams been built on the back of guys who go above a beyond for the team(Mahomes deal, kelce never been the highest paid at his position ect.) and people are pining for this loser. He can’t stay on the field or out of Trouble. And its choices he’s actually made to fuck himself. I’ve been in this thread defending him a lot. No more.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:42 AM 06-01-2023
I just read a story from Yahoo Sports about the Chiefs dead cap this season. Apparently, Clark accounts for just about all of it. $7.6M out of $7.7M total. They called it one of the worst contracts of the last 4 years. While he didn't get the sacks in the regular season. His contribution in the postseason was big. He was a factor in 2 Superbowl wins and is close to the record for most postseason sacks. I'm not defending his poor regular season performance, but to call him one of the worst free agent signings of the last 4 years is pretty extreme.
[Reply]
kcgreene 08:22 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I just read a story from Yahoo Sports about the Chiefs dead cap this season. Apparently, Clark accounts for just about all of it. $7.6M out of $7.7M total. They called it one of the worst contracts of the last 4 years. While he didn't get the sacks in the regular season. His contribution in the postseason was big. He was a factor in 2 Superbowl wins and is close to the record for most postseason sacks. I'm not defending his poor regular season performance, but to call him one of the worst free agent signings of the last 4 years is pretty extreme.
We spent a lot of money on him, it was OUR worst contract, but I think you're right. I'm sure with 5 minutes of research I could find much worse contracts.

Hell, I know what some of the worst ones of the next 4 years are going to be **cough** Daniel Jones **cough**
[Reply]
Page 92 of 94
« First < 42828889909192 9394 >
Up