ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 94
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:29 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
When Clark first got here he was a very meh player in the regular season and turned it on in the playoffs. He was that guy making game changing plays in the playoffs. Then he dropped off and was meh all year with no 2nd gear come the post season.

He seems to have upped his game this year. This will be his best regular season performance of his time in KC. This is his best year here. I don't know if that will last, if he will even be here next year, or if that means he can hit that 2nd level in the playoffs at this point. He might not.

We should believe though that he's got one more post season run in the tank. It is possible for him to achieve that level of play at present. He might not play the number of snaps he did his first year here but he can still be a game changing player for us this year.

I'm optimistic while understanding this could go either way. We may find out he's no longer able to make magic or he may have one more Montana type run for us at DE before it's time to move on...
Lol, he didn't turn anything on in the playoffs besides an ability to run into sacks because of the dominance of his teammates.

I'm not up for rehashing this though.

Upped his game up from complete trash to slightly below average? We'd be better off with literally any cheap player or even a draft pick. His cap amount is sickening.

Jesus fucking Christ, a Montana run? Please tell me youre trolling.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:31 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol, he didn't turn anything on in the playoffs besides an ability to run into sacks because of the dominance of his teammates.

I'm not up for rehashing this though.
Would you agree that this has been the best regular season performance of his time here?
[Reply]
srvy 09:34 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
$100 says it'll be a flat bill
And he will wear it backward like a dipshit.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:34 PM 12-31-2022
I'm under the impression Frank will be on the the team next year. His money is guaranteed. Not only that, we don't have anybody to take his place. High end pass rushers are kind of like LT's. There isn't many and Frank does still explode off the line.

To be honest, Spags plays a ton of contain along the DL. I think it affects the stat numbers for EDGE rushers. However the Chiefs play with a lead a lot. When teams rushing attacks go out the window the KC rush comes alive.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:35 PM 12-31-2022
Would you agree that this has been the best regular season performance of his time here?
He had 8 sacks in 2019 and 6 in 2020. Last year was just dog shit, so I'd say he's better than last year. He's been garbage so it's hard to say what year was less shitty than the others.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:37 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
And he will wear it backward like a dipshit.
Ive never attempted to wear or owned a flat bill and I've never worn a hat backwards lmao.

Why you so angry? Are you sad because another year is gone?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:42 PM 12-31-2022
He had 8 sacks in 2019 and 6 in 2020. Last year was just dog shit, so I'd say he's better than last year. He's been garbage so it's hard to say what year was less shitty than the others.
He's been good at setting the edge and playing the run game. That might not be sexy but it's necessary. He's been good about being in position to disrupt the play. He's been good at a number of things that don't show up in the box score.

And sacks are a strange, lucky, streaky statistic. I like TFL's because it doesn't matter if it's the QB or HB or WR - bringing the player down behind the line loses yardage and sets them back. 3rd and 20 is 3rd and 20.

No single stat tells the whole truth. Frank has been quicker, more effective, and had meaningful plays this year to end drives.

He is not a perfect player and I'm not arguing we should try and bring him back. I just think this has been his best regular season. Contract year makes contract player...
[Reply]
srvy 09:50 PM 12-31-2022
Ive never attempted to wear or owned a flat bill and I've never worn a hat backwards lmao.

Why you so angry? Are you sad because another year is gone?
Guess it is because you come off as a nerdy 14 yo with dumbass takes. I don't think I have seen anyone in this thread that believes FC has lived up to the contract he signed. He must do a few things right as he gets plenty of snaps. I damn sure will take our defensive position coaches on who gets those snaps over your opinion.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:55 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't think I have seen anyone in this thread that believes FC has lived up to the contract he signed.
If that's all we're grading he was not worth the money he was paid. Period.

I choose to look at the bigger picture - he was a significant part of the team that won the Super Bowl. We won the super bowl.

I don't care if that means we "wasted" draft picks, overpaid the punter, ran the ball on 3rd and long, or Clark didn't get to eat chocolate for a year. Whatever it cost it resulted in a SB. We won the SB and overpaying Clark was one of the things we had to do to achieve that.

I finally got to see KC win one. If that means Clark got more than his due - whatever. Don't fucking care...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Excuses? What in the world are you talking about? You’re like a petulant child with this nonsense. I made a bet that it looks like I’ll lose. I think a fair thing would be to re-strike it 1 sack lower (a level at which I would still likely lose) given the suspension that was based on actions before this season when my entire argument - and this entire thread that you feel the need to spend time in - was based on improved character and attitude. But I’m fine keeping it as is and am not complaining or bitching. That’s clearly your role here…endlessly.
You said a suspension for criminal conduct was 'out of his control' and doubled down on it.

Of course your role isn't complaining - it's fondling Frank's nuts.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 PM 12-31-2022
No.

His first season, while mediocre, was better than this one.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:21 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No.

His first season, while mediocre, was better than this one.
We don't have a playoff run this year to look back on yet. That could change things either way...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:25 PM 12-31-2022
Frank Clark has exceeded my expectations this year.

Everyone can take that statement exactly how they want to.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:27 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I'm under the impression Frank will be on the the team next year. His money is guaranteed. Not only that, we don't have anybody to take his place. High end pass rushers are kind of like LT's. There isn't many and Frank does still explode off the line.

To be honest, Spags plays a ton of contain along the DL. I think it affects the stat numbers for EDGE rushers. However the Chiefs play with a lead a lot. When teams rushing attacks go out the window the KC rush comes alive.
Holy fuck with the whole “who will take his place” first it’s OJB and now the Shart. The term average (and that’s being nice to both) is middle of the road. You’re telling me we can’t find some “average” edge that can’t shit themselves just as well as he can for a fraction of the cost?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:32 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You said a suspension for criminal conduct was 'out of his control' and doubled down on it.

Of course your role isn't complaining - it's fondling Frank's nuts.
Are you usually this obtuse or are you just doing it here for kicks? It was out of his control in the context of this thread which was predicated on an off-season change in attitude and behavior. A bet was made based on his production going forward, not based on the past. Keep ignoring that, though, and creating your own narrative for what’s being defended and debated here. It’s cute and you’ve spent a lot of energy on it and even Frank Clark is flattered by your attention.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 94
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up