ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 469
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Wilson8 02:55 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Now...back to discussing the many bullpen arms that have been signed by other teams and not the Royals. Seriously...nearly every arm we've been linked to has been signed, I think. With the new rules on how many times you can move up and down from Omaha, it feels like we either will need a vet arm or two in the pen or maybe a buy low starter that allows us to move Minor to the pen as a swing man.
The place I wanted the Royals to spend a little money this year is with their relief pitchers. Just a couple of pitchers to add some strength to that group. I like Scott Barlow, Josh Staumont, and Jake Brentz. I am also hopeful for Dylan Coleman, Ronald Bolanos, and Joel Payamps and want to see what they can do this year.

They were on the decline as pitchers, but we lost a lot of senior leadership with Greg Holland, Wade Davis, Danny Duffy, and even Kyle Zimmer was a veteran compared to some of these young guys.

I don't know if it would be good or bad, but I did think that KC would bring back Duffy when he has recovered.

KC signed back Richard Lovelady to a minor league contract, so we will maybe see him in the bull pen at some time.

I thought maybe Trevor Rosenthal, if he has recovered, might be another target.

I read that we signed Brad Peacock to a minor league deal, but I am afraid that ship has sailed.

Kenley Jansen is 34 and has a 2.3 WAR but he is probably too expensive for KC.

Any thoughts? Does KC need relief help or will the starters that don't get to start, be our relief pitchers?
[Reply]
nychief 03:04 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
The place I wanted the Royals to spend a little money this year is with their relief pitchers. Just a couple of pitchers to add some strength to that group. I like Scott Barlow, Josh Staumont, and Jake Brentz. I am also hopeful for Dylan Coleman, Ronald Bolanos, and Joel Payamps and want to see what they can do this year.

They were on the decline as pitchers, but we lost a lot of senior leadership with Greg Holland, Wade Davis, Danny Duffy, and even Kyle Zimmer was a veteran compared to some of these young guys.

I don't know if it would be good or bad, but I did think that KC would bring back Duffy when he has recovered.

KC signed back Richard Lovelady to a minor league contract, so we will maybe see him in the bull pen at some time.

I thought maybe Trevor Rosenthal, if he has recovered, might be another target.

I read that we signed Brad Peacock to a minor league deal, but I am afraid that ship has sailed.

Kenley Jansen is 34 and has a 2.3 WAR but he is probably too expensive for KC.

Any thoughts? Does KC need relief help or will the starters that don't get to start, be our relief pitchers?

Dick Lovelady had tommy john last fall. I think Rosethal is hurt or recovering too. We have quite a few arms penciled in with Staumont, Berentz, Coleman, tapia etc... I think they might dumpster dive in the next couple of weeks for a veteran arm - but not of Jensen's ilk.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 06:20 PM 03-15-2022
Mondi will hold up an entire season at SS? Good luck with that.

Matheny on @610SportsKC "With Mondi being ready to go at shortstop. ... (Nicky Lopez) is our 2nd baseman. I think he's going to be the best 2nd baseman in all of baseball, and then we're going to give Bobby Witt Jr. an opportunity & get a good look at him at 3rd base." #Royals

— Josh Vernier (@JoshVernier610) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:13 PM 03-15-2022
Chicago White Sox: 91.5 wins
Under -110 (bet $10 to win $19.09 total)
Over -110 (bet $10 to win $19.09 total)

Detroit Tigers: 78.5 wins

Kansas City Royals: 75.5 wins

Minnesota Twins: 75.5 wins

A few tidbits:

- With a win total set at 94.5, the Dodgers lead the way. Understandably so, as they are the favorites to grab the pennant and World Series. L.A. won 106 games last season and is hungry to make their fourth trip to the Fall Classic since 2016.

- The Houston Astros (92.5 wins) are looking to go to their six straight League Championship Series this season. With or without Carlos Correa, the Astros are poised to win a ton of games this year.

- The Atlanta Braves (89.5 wins) went under their pre-season win total last year, finishing with 88 wins. However, they got a nice consolation prize with the World Series trophy. Losing Freddie Freeman is tough but signing Matt Olsen will keep this team on track to defend their title.

- By their standards, The New York Yankees (92.5 wins) are in a severe drought, having failed to reach the World Series for the 13th year in a row. Will this season see a return to form for the Bronx Bombers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tk13 10:39 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp:
Mondi will hold up an entire season at SS? Good luck with that.

Dayton was already really blunt about Mondesi at the end of last year to try and light a fire in him. No point in criticizing him now. Throw him out there and show confidence in him and hope his offseason work pays off. If he gets hurt you just slide Lopez over and he'll be fine. No reason to throw one of your most talented guys under the bus in spring training.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 07:21 AM 03-16-2022
No way in the effing world should Mondesi be our starting SS. Horrible move. The SS/2B combo requires a lot of teamwork and with Mondesi's track record on the injury front, it's gonna be difficult to establish/maintain/grow the on field relationship with the 2B. Plus, be prepare to see your SS botch a bunch of routine balls (probably throwing errors).

The "proper" assignments would be: 3B-Witt, SS-Lopez, 2B-Merrifield. Mondesi can go log time in the outfield with occasional infield play (giving starters a rest).

Mondesi is TOTALLY unreliable yet we're handing him the SS position??? Lord have mercy.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:08 AM 03-16-2022

Royals baseball will be back on TV this Sunday when their spring-training game against the Diamondbacks airs on Bally Sports.

— Pete Grathoff (@pgrathoff) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
kstater 10:21 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
We cut the cord this winter. What are my options? We have YouTube TV. I know they were talking about a bally streaming, but haven't heard anything but rumors of high price point.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:23 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Chicago White Sox: 91.5 wins

Detroit Tigers: 78.5 wins

Kansas City Royals: 75.5 wins

Minnesota Twins: 75.5 wins

A few tidbits:

- With a win total set at 94.5, the Dodgers lead the way. Understandably so, as they are the favorites to grab the pennant and World Series. L.A. won 106 games last season and is hungry to make their fourth trip to the Fall Classic since 2016.

- The Houston Astros (92.5 wins) are looking to go to their six straight League Championship Series this season. With or without Carlos Correa, the Astros are poised to win a ton of games this year.

- The Atlanta Braves (89.5 wins) went under their pre-season win total last year, finishing with 88 wins. However, they got a nice consolation prize with the World Series trophy. Losing Freddie Freeman is tough but signing Matt Olsen will keep this team on track to defend their title.

- By their standards, The New York Yankees (92.5 wins) are in a severe drought, having failed to reach the World Series for the 13th year in a row. Will this season see a return to form for the Bronx Bombers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fangraphs has us proj 75.7 wins. Amazing coincidence of this above figure represents Vegas proj
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:25 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by kstater:
We cut the cord this winter. What are my options? We have YouTube TV. I know they were talking about a bally streaming, but haven't heard anything but rumors of high price point.

mlb66.ir

It's all you need, brother.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:27 AM 03-16-2022

If you have a family member that still has cable, ask if you can use their cable login and download the Bally Sports app on a Fire Stick.
[Reply]
TLO 10:33 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
mlb66.ir

I love this site.
[Reply]
kstater 10:38 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
mlb66.ir

I'll check it out. Thanks.

[Reply]
kstater 10:39 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
If you have a family member that still has cable, ask if you can use their cable login and download the Bally Sports app on a Fire Stick.
Can do that too.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:40 AM 03-16-2022

Your option is to beg, borrow, or steal a login from someone who has cable, or use European streaming sites.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 469
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up