Page 148 of 934
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248648 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:03 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Maybe things have changed since Trump came in, but at one point, you couldn't deposit proceeds from sales from (Federally) illegal activity into a bank. So can you imagine rolling into the electric office with a box full of hundos? LOL
You'd get civil asset forfeiture'd real fuckin' quick.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:23 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Maybe things have changed since Trump came in, but at one point, you couldn't deposit proceeds from sales from (Federally) illegal activity into a bank. So can you imagine rolling into the electric office with a box full of hundos? LOL
I doubt Aurora has too many banking issues considering they are in Canada but without a doubt banking can be hazardous here in the U.S. in the cannabis industry.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:47 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I doubt Aurora has too many banking issues considering they are in Canada but without a doubt banking can be hazardous here in the U.S. in the cannabis industry.
Ah hell. Shows what I know.

So all the legal growers in legal states are still operating off the pimp roll?
[Reply]
lewdog 03:48 PM 07-31-2018
Apple looking good after close.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:41 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
cause they make monies.....
[Reply]
philfree 05:42 PM 07-31-2018
I have several stocks in a long term portfolio and one took a dump today. Anybody own IGPG? I did till today but I sold short for a loss today. :-)
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:55 PM 07-31-2018
Great quarter. Came in right at the top of their guidance for revenue.
Services killed it again w/ 31% growth and continues to carry. Cook pointed out that Apple Pay did triple the transactions from the quarter a year ago. Said they took more total transactions this quarter than Square and more mobile transactions than paypal. Sort of surprised me.. I don't know many people who use the mobile payments like that
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:24 PM 07-31-2018
Me trying to listen to the IQ earnings call

[Reply]
Buehler445 07:39 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Me trying to listen to the IQ earnings call

:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:44 PM 07-31-2018
Holy shit. Mega buybacks have happened and will happen.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple...230934844.html

Originally Posted by :
By Noel Randewich and Sonam Rai

(Reuters) - Apple Inc (AAPL.O) said on Tuesday it handed its shareholders $20 billion through share buybacks in the June quarter, bringing its tally this year to a record $43 billion and helping push its stock price to an all-time high.

With a mountain of overseas cash freed up by last year's sweeping U.S. corporate tax cuts, Apple's share repurchases in the first half of calendar 2018 exceed the stock market value of almost three quarters of the companies in the S&P 500, including Ford Motor Co (F.N), Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL.N) and Twitter Inc (TWTR.N).

Apple's share repurchases in the June quarter were only eclipsed in the history of the S&P 500 by Apple repurchasing $22.8 billion of its shares in the prior quarter, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices analyst Howard Silverblatt.

The recent pace of Apple's buybacks, disclosed in a quarterly report that beat Wall Street's expectations, could help support the iPhone maker's stock as investors worry that some high-flying technology companies have become too expensive.

Confidence top-shelf technology and consumer stocks has been shaken in recent days following poor results from Facebook Inc (FB.O) and Netflix Inc (NFLX.O).

Apple said in May it was adding $100 billion to its budget for buybacks. Its stock is up 16 percent in 2018, compared with the S&P 500's 5 percent rise.

"I see the buybacks as a major determinant of near-term price appreciation," said D.A. Davidson & Co analyst Thomas Forte.

Apple reported strong quarterly revenue and profits in its report after the bell, driven by sales of higher-priced iPhones and from services like the App Store.

Its stock rose 3.7 percent in extended trade to $197.34, a record high, putting its market capitalization at $954 billion, based on Apple's share count at the end of the quarter. Apple is tickling at becoming the first publicly listed U.S. company valued at $1 trillion.

However, Apple's quarterly filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission, expected on Wednesday, might reveal that it further reduced its share count since the end of the quarter, which would mean its market capitalization is lower.

Apple also paid $3.7 billion in dividends during the quarter, bringing its total in the first half of calendar 2018 to $6.9 billion, the company said.

The decision to turn over record amounts of cash to shareholders was a direct result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed by Republican lawmakers in December.

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:55 PM 08-02-2018
Apple finally hits the trillion dollar marketcap.

In the next step of price wars, Fidelity launched the first .00% expense ratio index mutual funds. The more interesting part is likely no minimums so kids can make a 3 or 4 fund right off without paying higher ERs or using ETFs.

Now who goes negative ER first? The are already plenty of ETFs that pay you to hold them but they still list expense ratios currently

edit: and Fidelity pubbing it is the first commercial of the HoF game hah
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:57 PM 08-02-2018
Goldman Sachs downgraded IQ to "neutral" and it took another dump.

Probably so these rich assholes can buy it low and watch it go sky high in a year.

Fucking jerks.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:23 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Probably so these rich assholes can buy it low and watch it go sky high in a year.

****ing jerks.
Now appears to be the time to double down.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:25 PM 08-02-2018
Holy shit. Mega buybacks have happened and will happen.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple...230934844.html
This stuff worries me a little bit, because it seems like it's creating an artificial demand that will stop at some point.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:01 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Fucking jerks.
The smart people like me bought in near $30. I've got a covered call for August for $37.5. If it doesn't hit I make some money but I am hoping it does so I can get out from this shit.

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This stuff worries me a little bit, because it seems like it's creating an artificial demand that will stop at some point.
Apple has loads of money. Not likely.

I bought in on July 23rd for $188 and sold today on a limit order at $205. Not bad for a week's worth of work.

Apple usually has a spike, followed by a pullback after many good earnings reports. I may re-enter in a long position if it dips below $195 again but my always concern with Apple is it's composition share in many mutual funds I already own. When Apple does well, those funds usually benefit from Apple's gain. Not sure I want to add more investment risk for my long-term positions by loading individual stocks on a company that makes up so many other funds.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 934
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248648 > Last »
Up