ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 286
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:01 AM 08-01-2016
Simply you ever see the Tales from the Crypt movie with Dennis Miller??
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:02 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Simply you ever see the Tales from the Crypt movie with Dennis Miller??
Demon Knight?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:04 AM 08-01-2016
OMG NO! They had another movie aside from Demon Knight - TY for letting me know!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117826/
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:57 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Demon Knight?
Bordello of Blood!!! Corey Feldman was a nice touch
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:21 AM 08-01-2016
Took a chance and went to see The Infiltrator this weekend,turned out to be one helluva good movie,two thumbs up.

[Reply]
Frosty 02:45 PM 08-08-2016
Watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" for the first time this weekend. Man, that's a movie that stays with you for a while.

Spoiler!

Not sure if spoiler necessary as most people have probably seen it.

Completely changing tack, I also caught the "Poltergeist" remake and the gothic horror movie "Crimson Peak". The new "Poltergeist" was a completely unnecessary remake and it sucks. They changed the story enough to just not make sense. I had to go back and watch the original to cleanse the memory.

"Crimson Peak" was okay. Just really, really sloooooooooow. Plus, you figure out the twist almost right away and are mostly just watching the clueless heroine bumble along.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:41 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" for the first time this weekend. Man, that's a movie that stays with you for a while.
this is in my top 10 favorites. LOVE it. when he come back from shock therapy walking like a zombie....hahahaha. just a great movie.

Cool Hand Luke is another GREAT oldie.

also John Wayne in The Cowboys.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:51 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
this is in my top 10 favorites. LOVE it. when he come back from shock therapy walking like a zombie....hahahaha. just a great movie.

Cool Hand Luke is another GREAT oldie.

also John Wayne in The Cowboys.
I'm really bad about watching classic movies that are outside my typical genres. I've been trying to remedy that lately. For example, I have Dr. Strangelove on my DVR but I haven't watched it yet.

I haven't seen The Cowboy yet but recently watched Stagecoach and The Searchers for the first time. I think I saw Cool Hand Luke when I was a kid but should probably watch it again.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:52 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
Oh, and that fucking Nurse Ratched. She is still pissing me off.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:00 PM 08-09-2016
I'm really bad about watching classic movies that are outside my typical genres. I've been trying to remedy that lately. For example, I have Dr. Strangelove on my DVR but I haven't watched it yet.

I haven't seen The Cowboy yet but recently watched Stagecoach and The Searchers for the first time. I think I saw Cool Hand Luke when I was a kid but should probably watch it again.
You really can't go wrong going through anything of note from Bonnie and Clyde through The Deer Hunter in premium American cinema.

Such a powerhouse era.
[Reply]
Nzoner 02:08 PM 08-09-2016

If you like dark comedy make sure to put Arsenic and Old Lace on your to watch list.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:20 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
If you like dark comedy make sure to put Arsenic and Old Lace on your to watch list.
I see that on TCM sometimes, so I'll have to give it a go at some point.

Going back to Cuckoo's Nest, one cool thing about it is I grew up in the area it was filmed (Salem, OR). I've driven by that old hospital many, many times (it's been since torn down, though). Also, the fishing scene was filmed mostly around Depoe Bay (you can see the big bridge that crosses the bay when the boat returns), one of my favorite places on the Oregon Coast.

eta: When the inmates were on the bus heading to the coast, they showed a bunch of shots around Salem, including the duck crossing sign and the Duck Inn. That was also cool to see and brought back memories. The only problem is that the duck crossing sign and Duck Inn are/were on State St. and you wouldn't go that way to the coast from the state hospital.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:35 PM 08-09-2016

Spoiler!

Not sure if spoiler necessary as most people have probably seen it.

Completely changing tack, I also caught the "Poltergeist" remake and the gothic horror movie "Crimson Peak". The new "Poltergeist" was a completely unnecessary remake and it sucks. They changed the story enough to just not make sense. I had to go back and watch the original to cleanse the memory.

"Crimson Peak" was okay. Just really, really sloooooooooow. Plus, you figure out the twist almost right away and are mostly just watching the clueless heroine bumble along.
That's top ten all time for me.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:39 AM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Should I watch Back to the Future 2 and 3 or just pretend they never existed?

[Reply]
In58men 09:26 PM 08-10-2016
Bad Mom's was great, the wife really liked it and couldn't stop laughing. Go see it with the wifey.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 286
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Up